Caramel & Rum

Rooibos Tea
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by elarun

From Lupicia

Rooibos with caramel and rum flavor

About Lupicia View company

So, I’m revising my previous score of 80 for this tea. I don’t know if I was just really feeling this tea at the time, or what, but the more I drink it, the less in love with it I am. Its just a bit too sweet for me. It tastes good, but the sweetness gets to me after awhile I’m finding. It’s like that first bite of really dense chocolate fudge. You bite into it and it’s sweet and yummy. But get about three bites in, and all the sudden you don’t want it anymore. It stops being yummy and becomes a bit of a burden. Anyway, that’s how I feel about this tea lately. I guess tastes really do change!

For more taste related notes, see previous post.

I’ve been missing out!! I just attempted the stovetop method using Caramel & Rum by Lupicia per instructions from Tealizzy and YUM!! Used a little brown sugar too. This is definitely a wonderful alternative to hot cocoa and just as comforting. For me, this might be THE way to enjoy rooibos teas as I’m not altogether that fond of them steeped with water. Thank you, Tealizzy!

The smell of this tea is divine. It reminds me of a salted caramel sauce used to drizzle over ice cream. It smells very sweet, but the taste is not overwhelming. Definitely a dessert tea.

I got this as the sample with the October 2012 mailer. Because I also ordered a package that month, I got a second newsletter/sample. My boyfriend and I drank them tonight.
Before brewing it smells really rummy, and brewed it smells/tastes overwhelmingly rummy. I think. I don’t drink alcohol, so I guess I don’t really know what rum tastes like, I’m just going off of my imagination… and my boyfriend says that no, it doesn’t taste like rum.
The rooibos flavor is hidden beneath the other flavors.
It does really taste like a butterscotch candy. I really don’t like butterscotch, so I didn’t care for this tea. My boyfriend loved it though, and he’s not particularly into tea, so that is bumping up the rating for me.

Strong caramel and rum flavors and rooibus itself very faint, almost non existent. Makes a perfect night time dessert with a bit of milk.

Eh, this is okay. It has a subtle creamy rum taste, but it also has a bit of that woodsy rooibos taste. The rooibos was over powering when I tried it straight, but it becomes much more pleasant when I add a little cream and sugar. At first the taste of the cream took over, but as I kept sipping the caramel rum taste crept out. It isn’t bad, it is just really underwhelming for what I have come to expect from Lupicia.

Heavy on the rum. A pirate wouldn’t mind this.
My goodness, this is a rooibos I actually like , and I’ve tried enough rooibos to know it’s not my thing. This surprised me though. And it’s highly likely that it will become the only rooibos I’ll ever buy ever again.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

Oh my goodness. This is DELICIOUS! Thank you TeaBrat for the sample!
Rum is a funny thing for me, I don’t often enjoy it as a drink (bad experience back in college!) but in food, I adore it. Candies, rum balls, certain types of icecream. I just love the richness of it, and how it somehow reaches a depth that I very rarely find in food. And this tea, well it certainly does all of that for me. I’m so excited that it actually has rum flavour!!! Bare, the rum kindof hovers pleasantly in the background, but with just half a teaspoon of sugar, oh mama, she’s a burstin with rum. Hot or cold, this one does the trick for me.
I’d been putting this one off because I often find that rooibos dessert teas don’t measure up… tasting generically fruity or just overall “sweet” instead of whatever their description indicates. Also, I haven’t been drinking much rooibos or honeybush lately, and since I find they lose flavour quickly, it isn’t a good idea to have much on hand at one time.
No matter. When I do eventually place a Lupicia order, this one will be included. No question about that!

So I’ve picked up knitting that mystery shawl from last October. I still don’t know what the finish product looks like, but I’m on the last row! I’ve just been blitzing through, drinking tea as I go. Tonights tea – Caramel & Rum, sample off the monthly Lupicia Newsletter some time ago.

This tea is not bad – smells totally like rum. Tastes like a buttery caramel mostly, with a rum finish, all flavorings covering up the red rooibos flavor (a plus in my book). Only downfall is the tea is a bit watery, typical of rooibos blends. Digging the buttery caramel flavor! Ah well, back to knitting, must finish shawl so I can start on socks!

Suziqzer

Sounds wonderful!

Tealizzy

This one is particularly delicious with a splash of milk. Just saying. :)

Hello.Kiki

Funny how some projects just take forever. I had a pair of legwarmers that were not too difficult but took me months and months to finish.

Love the depth of taste and smoothness of this rooibos – so comforting. Perfect way to end the day, or to take the edge off a difficult afternoon at work. I shared some with a coworker who was pretty dubious since he’s mainly a coffee drinker, and he came back and asked for some more the next day.