Golden Honey Dew

Rooibos Tea
Green Rooibos, Honeydew, Marigold Flowers
Smooth, Sweet, Honeydew, Melon, Cantaloupe, Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “I sent a sachet of this over to *MissB* and *NayLynn* and it seems as though they both drank it today! Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn't enough. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 620 tasting notes
  • “this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i've ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong. if you have a chance to try this...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 747 tasting notes
  • “Where has this Rooibos tea been my entire tea-drinking life? THIS TEA IS AMAZINGLY GOOD. Maybe I only like green rooibos? I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw "Golden Honey Dew" as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

I sent a sachet of this over to MissB and NayLynn and it seems as though they both drank it today!
Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn’t enough. This is my last sachet and YOU BET I’LL BE STOCKING UP ON THIS TEA WHEN I VISIT LUPICIA NEXT WEEK.
I’m probably not going to go to San Francisco till this time next year so… dang I have to stock up.

This is technically a sipdown, but I’m not going to bother taking out out of my cupboard since I know I’ll be getting some more within the next week :)

Boiling 8 min or more 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
VariaTEA

A rooibos honeydew tea? Yum!

jump62359

Yes yes, this is definitely one of my favourite teas ever! A really good every day tea, but because it’s just hard to purchase (it’s in-store only), I only save it for when I really want it :)

VariaTEA

Understandable. If only it were available in LA instead of SF, then I could send my Dad to go pick some up :P

jump62359

I’m sure you’ve read my other notes about how excited I am to fly back home and take a trip to SF next week, but I know I’m going to be stocking up on my Honey Dew and I can send you a small sample if you’d like!

VariaTEA

That is a very kind offer but I would hate to take any of it away from you since you can’t access it easily and love it so much. Thank you though.

jump62359

Are you sure? I’m mainly stocking up on this tea for this very reason! I know it’s a hard tea to get to, but fairly easy for me. Mother loves me oh so very much so if I ever run out of this tea, I know she wouldn’t mind taking a trip to the city with father and mailing it to me :)

VariaTEA

Alright. You twisted my arm :P. I can send you money for it or I can send you teas if you like.

jump62359

Oh no no, no need to send me tea or money! Just think of it as a gift from me to you!
I’ll contact you in like a week or so to get your mailing address :)

VariaTEA

Awesome! And if you ever see anything in my cupboard you want to try, don’t hesitate to ask.

RandomlyFascinated

I saw you talking about this in one of the ttbs. It sounds so yummy! How much does it cost in the store? Too bad SF and Indiana are nowhere near each other :(

this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i’ve ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong.
if you have a chance to try this tea you really should.
i steeped every last drop of flavor out of this first tea bag.

thank you jump62359! thank you so much for sending me this great swap!
it started so innocently on my part, all i wanted was to try Watson’s Mustache. (cuz i love Watson! but i kinda don’t love chai.) simple plan and all.
and next thing i knew, i was hyper-ed up about getting to try lots of hobbit blends i thought i’d never get to taste! (boyfriend called them contraband. i’m gonna re-sell them on the black market for top dollahh!)

this honey dew tea was an uber bonus to the swap. uber uber.

other news:
i also received a new big fat beautiful mug in the mail yesterday too
so i may have over done the tea a bit today haha

btw, if any of you who follow me have ADHD chat me up in a message! i wanna talk about how tea may or may not effect you.
when i say i drink a lot of tea, i’m not sure other people understand, and it’s definitely different than coffee ya know…

Stephanie

Green rooibos is slightly more tolerable than regular IMO…cute mug too :)

Shmiracles

green really is better. i have david’s 3 lemon green that i also find very tolerable, …i might even say i like it hah.

caile

That is a nice fat mug – so cute!

Stephanie

I had David’s Green and Fruity…and it was drinkable :)

Lynxiebrat

I had found myself getting alittle weary of rooibos and then having a green one knock my socks off.

hmmm might need to try this sometime

I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just about everything about it.

Anyone who has tried this rooibos have anything similar that I’d like?

I got to try this out of the “Considering Another Traveling Teabox” Teabox.

I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw “Golden Honey Dew” as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. But sure, why not? I’m Californian and like honeydew, maybe it is ‘our thing.’

I can’t remember if I’ve had ‘green rooibos’ in any other blends. The liquor still turns out a deep reddish-orange, like regular ‘red’ rooibos. I can’t taste much of a difference, either, but that could simply be because the melon flavor DOMINATES this tea. It’s the first thing you smell when you open the tin, and the scent of juicy honeydew floats over the teacup. It’s very sweet and refreshing – definitely worth checking out if you’re in the Bay Area and want to try this regional tea blend from Lupicia.

Honeydew lovers, this is for you. I tried this both hot and cold-brewed, and I preferred cold. That way, the rooibos (although the mild green variety) isn’t as prominent, and it’s basically a fruity sensation. It’s already a bit sweet, but adding just that touch of extra sugar enhances the already-strong melon taste. Very refreshing for this hot weather we’re having!

Iced 8 min or more

Well, that was pretty awesome. As usual, Lupicia does a great job again.

One of my first Lupicia teas was their Melon White Tea and this melon-flavoured tea reminded me a bit of it. It is very tasty and has a great, powerful but not overbearing flavour. The green rooibos is excellent as usual, and makes for a very nice cup. Excellent!

During a trip to San Francisco I came across Lupicia in the mall. I love tea so I spent a long time smelling and looking at all the tea. I heard someone talking about this tea so I asked about it. The sales girl made me a tester and it was great. I bought some right there. The HoneyDew fragrance is great and it tastes just the same. It’s not overpowering just a nice taste. If I didn’t have to order it I would buy it again and make ice tea with it.

Wow! I’ve been putting off trying this because 1) I’ve been sick (the doc confirmed today that it is bronchitis, but I’m getting over it just find on my own. No antibiotics needed, just drinks lots of fluids, take robitussin DM, and use a humidifier. She even suggested tea, particularly herbals. Nice to have a doctor that knows me so well!) and 2) I’ve never had green rooibos and I was afraid I wouldn’t like it.

Not like it? ha! I love it! The first two mouthfuls I wasn’t sure of it. But as it cooled, the sweetness came out. This is going to sound odd, but some artificially sweet or flavored teas have a narrow, sharp feel to them. At least to me. This tea has a mild, broad flavor that just seems right to me. Now I’m worried because I have only 50 grams of this. I will need more for the summer so I can drink it iced!

Flavors: Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML
OMGsrsly

Melon oolong as well, if you like oolongs. :D

Maddy Barone

That sounds good, OMGsrsly. There are some oolongs I’ve enjoyed.

This smells and tastes just like honeydew. I’m not a big fan of the fruit, but the juice itself is good, and I’ve had my share of honeydew gum, and this has a nice flavor while not tasting artificial. I didn’t realize it was a green rooibos when it came in Tracey’s traveling tea box, because the predominant smell is honeydew, but it makes sense. I will have to try green rooibos by itself to know how it tastes. I think this tea tastes best cold. It’s almost like drinking honeydew juice.

Flavors: Honeydew, Sweet

Whoa. Best flavored rooibos I’ve EVER had, hands down. I’m SO SO SO tempted to say “BEST MELON FLAVORED TEA EVER”, but I haven’t had Butiki’s Cantaloupe & Cream since I got into white teas. It’s the only other one that could come close. I’m going to hold my tongue until then.

And I’m going to drink this every night.

Holy crap this is amazing.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon, Sweet