Golden Honey Dew

Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Sweet, Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Melon, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “I sent a sachet of this over to *MissB* and *NayLynn* and it seems as though they both drank it today! Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn't enough. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 595 tasting notes
  • “this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i've ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong. if you have a chance to try this...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes
  • “Where has this Rooibos tea been my entire tea-drinking life? THIS TEA IS AMAZINGLY GOOD. Maybe I only like green rooibos? I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw "Golden Honey Dew" as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. ...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

2067 tasting notes

We’re doing the copy/paste thing even though this probably deserves a paragraphed tasting note…

- SO INTENSELY HONEYDEW SMELLING/FLAVOURED!
- Also, bubblegum…
- Succulent, sweet, juicy, and authentic
- The green rooibos base is perfect too!
- Newly “tinned” and will be forever hoarded because it’s PERFECT
- Courtney is a fool for selling it to me
- Even Tre, tea skeptic that he is, said that is perfect and doesn’t need anything added
- That is HIGH PRAISE

Flavors: Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Cameron B.

Have you had their Melon Oolong?

Roswell Strange

I have not; would love to though. There are several Lupicia teas I’d order. Melon Oolong, Kotobuki, the new Autumn one that’s pumpkin/sweet potato. Really the only thing I’d be overly cautious of is blindly buying a black blend; I haven’t been impressed with their black base in the ones I’ve tried so far.

Cameron B.

Well the Melon Oolong and Golden Honeydew seem like the same flavoring to me, but I like the oolong version slightly better because of the base. :)

OMGsrsly

Do you want me to send you some Melon Oolong, Roswell? I could stick a sample in the mail next week. :) (I have 100g and am trying to not give any to my BFF, who I bought it for. So good!)

I, for one, welcome our new Melon Overlords.

The dry uh, leaves smell like a nice, ripe honeydew melon. And brewed, it reminds me of these Japanese gummy candies I really like. There is a sweet, fruity flavour. Lupicia, you’ve convinced me I enjoy melon flavour teas. Which is a accomplishment since I was skeptical. It is also my new fave green rooibos. Thanks to Ost for this.

Flavors: Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Lariel of Lórien

Tried this iced today, but I like it better hot. Which was surprising.

FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL THE NEW DOCTOR WHO!!!

Okay, I got that off my chest :-)

Golden Honey Dew… yum, yum, yummy. Scent, taste and aroma are very melon-y. When I tried to sip it right away it was too hot and I didn’t get the melon but I did get a burned tongue. After it cooled a bit and I added some stevia I found the most delightful melon flavor. It really fills the mouth nicely and has a very refreshing taste. I am really enjoying this. I could definitely add this to my cupboard! I imagine it is good cold but I really am enjoying it hot. Thanks NayLyn!

Now on to other things… It was the first day of school here. I’m retired but I am helping a friend of mine (who has low vision) with her first – second grade split of 34 STUDENTS!! When she took the job, after two years on disability, the principal said there would be 22 kids altogether. Now there are 34! The air conditioner isn’t working. It’s hot!! In a very short time I had forgotten how noisy, whiny, distracted etc. they are the first day of school. (It must be like childbirth where you forget how awful it is when it is over) If she gets 2 more students and the school board approves they can split it into separate first grade and second grade classes. If you have any spare 1st or 2nd grade students at home please send them to Highland School Elgin, IL.

Flavors: Melon

Roswell Strange

My roommate is flipping out about new Who; and I’m feeling incredibly guilty that I never got caught up with Eleven…

mj

I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEW WHO! Also, Roswell, Eleven is the best one! You must catch up!

Lariel of Lórien

Doctor Who! (With the guy from Fire of Pompeii.)

This is seriously the perfect tea to relax to. Had a horrible night,and barely slept thanks to pain. It’s just the perfect tea to have when I want to relax. I can’t say that enough. xD
It’s become my tea to drink after I take pain killers, because other tea has the habit of making me more awake…so can’t relax.
This tea is just awesome. So glad I got 5 tins of it! ^^

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

boo for the bad night, but I am glad you have a great relaxing tea!

Kirkoneill1988

be careful, there’s stuff in tea that can counter medicine. my good friend angel tevivre told me :) she runs the site teavivre

Ost

Stuff in tea that can counter pain killers? Or just other meds?

Kirkoneill1988

any kind of meds, but im only going on what she said. im on pills for my mental health but i don’t see any countering. or its just me. but i just say use it as a guideline. maybe if you drink lots and lots of tea, it will counter the effects. i do know it does have caffeine so when you want to sleep it can affect that.

Kirkoneill1988

she could be wrong. i don’t know enough myself.

Ost

After I read your first comment I looked into it. All I found was that the caffeine in tea can counteract when meds make you tired. But that’s really all I found. And I already knew thatt, which is why I try to drink decaf teas when I take pain killers (:
But perhaps tea in general can counteract certain drugs. Interesting thought. I’ll have to remember that for future reference! (:

Wow. I’ve never been a fan of rooibos, so I was hesitant to try this sample that I’ve had for a while. But then I realized I had only ever tried red rooibos and this one has green rooibos. When I opened up the bag, it smelled like delicious, juicy honeydew with no medicinal rooibos smell. Off to a good start! After steeping it, there was a slight medicinal smell, but that may have been a bit psychological. The taste of the tea is purely juicy honeydew. It reminds me of this Korean popsicle I had as a kid that totally defined my summers. I’m very delightfully surprised with how much I like this one. The one criticism I might have is that it does run on the sweet side, so I have to be in the mood for something sweeter. I bet it would also make a really great cold brew, but sadly, I only have enough sample left to make one hot cuppa later. Perhaps I will pick some up when I get back to California. I’m really tempted.

Given that this is my first Lupicia, first melon and green rooibos tea, I don’t think I can give the best review outside of I like it. I like it a lot. The melon tastes like melon, not artificial flavoring. It is light and refreshing. I look forward to trying it cold.

Opted to do a cold brew on this, and it came out good, but a little mild/weak so it could have stood to steep longer. In the end, I had about half of it cold and then heated the rest but it got rainy and cool outside.

It’s very honeydew melon, and the green rooibos base makes it easier for me to tolerate. I think I will have this one hot next time. I think it is good, but not magical, as some have, but maybe it would have been better refreshing if I’d had it iced when it was actually hot out. Thanks for the sample, Courtney!

Flavors: Melon

From the Teeny Tiny TTB.

The honeydew flavor is strong and very much resembles actual honeydew, but you can tell that it does smell and taste candy-like and artificial, especially when the liquor has barely cooled off after the brewing (tip – wait another few minutes so that the temperature is just above warm). The base tea – green rooibos – is a good a choice since it seems to be a tea that would cooperate with honeydew the best. I couldn’t taste the rooibos, but that seems like the objective considering a fruit like honeydew, which is delicate. I drank this slowly so that when I came to the last few sips the liquor was cool, and it still tasted nice. I bet this one would be very good for cold-brewing.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A short while ago I have converted my sister in law to tea. I slowly introduced her to some of my stash, and after trying some, she felt confident enough to make her first visit to Davidstea and start a collection of her own.

She came to visit me yesterday and it was so much fun to watch her going through all my inventory. It’s always been there for her to look at but she never cared before, so it’s interesting that now, it seems to be the only thing that captures her attention in my house!

I told her to look around and choose whatever she wanted. 30 minutes later (yes, it took a while!) She decided on this one. I had just received my Lupicia order and hadn’t tried it myself so I accompanied her.

She could not get over how good it smelled. Lupicia does melon like no others.

This is a green rooibos, the only type I not only tolerate but actually like a lot. The thing is green rooibos blends are hard to find! I’m so happy that Lupicia offers a few.

This is very effective and uncomplicated. Fresh green rooibos and sweet juicy honey dew. It is packed with flavour and tastes exactly like its fragrance suggests it will.

I have tried three Lupicia melon teas so far and they are all fantastically delicious.

My sister in law was in awe at every sip, it was fun to watch :-)

We tried many more during the evening and I am afraid that because of me, she’s well on her way to becoming a severe tea addict!

Oh well, she told me she completely stopped drinking booze week days since she started drinking tea, so that’s something to be proud of :-)

awesome!!

boychik

I love the story. As long as she is not going to tell you that Teavana’s teas are the best( like my friend did). You know what, my grandmas nurse got hooked on rice puer . Guess who introduced her to it?

TheTeaFairy

Awesome indeed Sil ;-)

Haha, Boychik, I doubt it, she is already broadening her horizons, she placed a Harney & Sons order and is now looking at Lupicia! But she,s still scared of straight tea, lets give her time…
Hilarious that you converted the nurse!!!

boychik

Today she asked me if I’m going to place another order withYS because she is running out of puerh! I swear

TheTeaFairy

Haha! That makes you her “pu-pusher” !

You are hilarious ;)

This is one of the teas that Ost sent me in my surprise birthday package. I got to try this once months ago (thanks to jump62359), and I’m so excited to try it again, since my tastes have changed so much since then.

I (of course) iced it. Juicy and mouthwatering and oh so refreshing. This is such a treat, and one I’m happy to say that I still like! Thanks Ost!