Golden Honey Dew

Honeydew, Melon, Cantaloupe, Sweet, Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “I sent a sachet of this over to *MissB* and *NayLynn* and it seems as though they both drank it today! Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn't enough. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 606 tasting notes
  • “this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i've ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong. if you have a chance to try this...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Where has this Rooibos tea been my entire tea-drinking life? THIS TEA IS AMAZINGLY GOOD. Maybe I only like green rooibos? I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw "Golden Honey Dew" as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. ...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

Sipdown! This one has grown on me a lot, although it does seem to be a better choice for the summer season than colder weather. In any case, it’s a very soothing evening treat.

I’m still really busy, but looking forward to having more tea and the time to enjoy it, come this time next month…

This is a sample from NayLynn. Thank you.

I saw all the post about this tea earlier this year and almost looked into buying some while it was sold online, but I really didn’t think a rooibos could be sooo amazing. Boy was I wrong. This is amazing. I have been cutting back on caffeine at night and so I have been looking into teas that I can drink in the evening. This is so delicious. I made this last night before bed and added 1/2 tsp of sugar to a 12ishoz mug of this. This is juicy, and really does taste like honey dew melon. If this ever comes back online count me in!

This one came from NayLynn, and I confess I’ve tried it once and not written a note, because I was feeling lazy and it was late at night. This looks like plain green rooibos, so I guess it’s just flavoring and no other additions. Dry scent is a combination of cantaloupe and honeydew melons, similar to their Melon Oolong.

Once steeped, it smells strongly of sweet honeydew melons, and I added a touch of raw sugar as well. The flavor here is lovely, and it tastes like a combination of cantaloupe and honeydew to me. I think it’s the same flavoring used in their Melon Oolong, and I tend to prefer that one because the oolong base adds more juiciness to it. This one is awesome too though, and caffeine free. :)

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

Oh man, how many Lupicia ’s you had today? They should pay you in tea for all these great reviews

Kittenna

Yum. On my list now, although I would probably also prefer the oolong.

Lariel of Lórien

Hail to our Melon Overlords!

Cameron B.

boychik, If only… ;) Just trying to get through all of my samples so I know what to order.

donkeytiara

The Japanese do melon flavored things really really well. I have some melon chocolate in my cabinet from Hokkaido and it’s phenomenal!

We’re doing the copy/paste thing even though this probably deserves a paragraphed tasting note…

- SO INTENSELY HONEYDEW SMELLING/FLAVOURED!
- Also, bubblegum…
- Succulent, sweet, juicy, and authentic
- The green rooibos base is perfect too!
- Newly “tinned” and will be forever hoarded because it’s PERFECT
- Courtney is a fool for selling it to me
- Even Tre, tea skeptic that he is, said that is perfect and doesn’t need anything added
- That is HIGH PRAISE

Flavors: Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Cameron B.

Have you had their Melon Oolong?

Roswell Strange

I have not; would love to though. There are several Lupicia teas I’d order. Melon Oolong, Kotobuki, the new Autumn one that’s pumpkin/sweet potato. Really the only thing I’d be overly cautious of is blindly buying a black blend; I haven’t been impressed with their black base in the ones I’ve tried so far.

Cameron B.

Well the Melon Oolong and Golden Honeydew seem like the same flavoring to me, but I like the oolong version slightly better because of the base. :)

OMGsrsly

Do you want me to send you some Melon Oolong, Roswell? I could stick a sample in the mail next week. :) (I have 100g and am trying to not give any to my BFF, who I bought it for. So good!)

I, for one, welcome our new Melon Overlords.

The dry uh, leaves smell like a nice, ripe honeydew melon. And brewed, it reminds me of these Japanese gummy candies I really like. There is a sweet, fruity flavour. Lupicia, you’ve convinced me I enjoy melon flavour teas. Which is a accomplishment since I was skeptical. It is also my new fave green rooibos. Thanks to Ost for this.

Flavors: Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Lariel of Lórien

Tried this iced today, but I like it better hot. Which was surprising.

FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL THE NEW DOCTOR WHO!!!

Okay, I got that off my chest :-)

Golden Honey Dew… yum, yum, yummy. Scent, taste and aroma are very melon-y. When I tried to sip it right away it was too hot and I didn’t get the melon but I did get a burned tongue. After it cooled a bit and I added some stevia I found the most delightful melon flavor. It really fills the mouth nicely and has a very refreshing taste. I am really enjoying this. I could definitely add this to my cupboard! I imagine it is good cold but I really am enjoying it hot. Thanks NayLyn!

Now on to other things… It was the first day of school here. I’m retired but I am helping a friend of mine (who has low vision) with her first – second grade split of 34 STUDENTS!! When she took the job, after two years on disability, the principal said there would be 22 kids altogether. Now there are 34! The air conditioner isn’t working. It’s hot!! In a very short time I had forgotten how noisy, whiny, distracted etc. they are the first day of school. (It must be like childbirth where you forget how awful it is when it is over) If she gets 2 more students and the school board approves they can split it into separate first grade and second grade classes. If you have any spare 1st or 2nd grade students at home please send them to Highland School Elgin, IL.

Flavors: Melon

Roswell Strange

My roommate is flipping out about new Who; and I’m feeling incredibly guilty that I never got caught up with Eleven…

mj

I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEW WHO! Also, Roswell, Eleven is the best one! You must catch up!

Lariel of Lórien

Doctor Who! (With the guy from Fire of Pompeii.)

This is seriously the perfect tea to relax to. Had a horrible night,and barely slept thanks to pain. It’s just the perfect tea to have when I want to relax. I can’t say that enough. xD
It’s become my tea to drink after I take pain killers, because other tea has the habit of making me more awake…so can’t relax.
This tea is just awesome. So glad I got 5 tins of it! ^^

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

boo for the bad night, but I am glad you have a great relaxing tea!

Kirkoneill1988

be careful, there’s stuff in tea that can counter medicine. my good friend angel tevivre told me :) she runs the site teavivre

Ost

Stuff in tea that can counter pain killers? Or just other meds?

Kirkoneill1988

any kind of meds, but im only going on what she said. im on pills for my mental health but i don’t see any countering. or its just me. but i just say use it as a guideline. maybe if you drink lots and lots of tea, it will counter the effects. i do know it does have caffeine so when you want to sleep it can affect that.

Kirkoneill1988

she could be wrong. i don’t know enough myself.

Ost

After I read your first comment I looked into it. All I found was that the caffeine in tea can counteract when meds make you tired. But that’s really all I found. And I already knew thatt, which is why I try to drink decaf teas when I take pain killers (:
But perhaps tea in general can counteract certain drugs. Interesting thought. I’ll have to remember that for future reference! (:

Backlog. I did feel a bit guilty about taking this one from the T&C TTB because I have had this tea before. However, when I had a sample of this tea, it was a really old sample that I had found in the back of my mom’s pantry. Even as an old sample, I really enjoyed it, so I wanted to see how a fresher batch of this would taste. I’m glad to confirm that I really enjoyed the juiciness of the honey dew without tasting any rooibos. I’m definitely a fan, especially since I have been really wanting a nice, non-caffeinated cup of hot tea in the evenings after dinner. I will eventually have to seriously stock up on this tea when my stash is a bit smaller.

Given that this is my first Lupicia, first melon and green rooibos tea, I don’t think I can give the best review outside of I like it. I like it a lot. The melon tastes like melon, not artificial flavoring. It is light and refreshing. I look forward to trying it cold.

Opted to do a cold brew on this, and it came out good, but a little mild/weak so it could have stood to steep longer. In the end, I had about half of it cold and then heated the rest but it got rainy and cool outside.

It’s very honeydew melon, and the green rooibos base makes it easier for me to tolerate. I think I will have this one hot next time. I think it is good, but not magical, as some have, but maybe it would have been better refreshing if I’d had it iced when it was actually hot out. Thanks for the sample, Courtney!

Flavors: Melon