Golden Honey Dew

Rooibos Tea
Green Rooibos, Honeydew, Marigold Flowers
Melon, Roasted, Sweet, Honeydew, Round , Smooth, Honey, Cantaloupe, Candy, Green Melons, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

Cooking TTB #4

Oh Lupicia, where have you been all my life? Every tea I’ve tried from this company has been stellar and Golden Honey Dew is no exception! It tastes like I squeezed a fresh, juicy honeydew melon directly into my cup…no artificial flavor, no woody roobios aftertaste. This is another one I’d love to try iced at some point.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the Cooking TTB.

Ugh, how does Lupicia do it? Their melon flavouring is sooooooo good. So juicy and natural. I want all their melon teas, all of them!

I love that this one is a green rooibos. The base just nicely supports the melon flavour, with no woody or medicinal notes.

So so delicious.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

I somehow never reviewed this!

Definitely a realistic melon taste. And green rooibos is a-ok by me, unlike disgusting loathesome regular rooibos that tastes like wood!

I only got one tin of this. But I have the melon oolong which I realize is a different tea base, but is equally melony and realistically flavoured, so I like them equally.

melon oolong lost it’s flavour a little for me after a time…honeydew one hasn’t yet

Sipdown! This one has grown on me a lot, although it does seem to be a better choice for the summer season than colder weather. In any case, it’s a very soothing evening treat.

I’m still really busy, but looking forward to having more tea and the time to enjoy it, come this time next month…

This is a sample from NayLynn. Thank you.

I saw all the post about this tea earlier this year and almost looked into buying some while it was sold online, but I really didn’t think a rooibos could be sooo amazing. Boy was I wrong. This is amazing. I have been cutting back on caffeine at night and so I have been looking into teas that I can drink in the evening. This is so delicious. I made this last night before bed and added 1/2 tsp of sugar to a 12ishoz mug of this. This is juicy, and really does taste like honey dew melon. If this ever comes back online count me in!

This one came from NayLynn, and I confess I’ve tried it once and not written a note, because I was feeling lazy and it was late at night. This looks like plain green rooibos, so I guess it’s just flavoring and no other additions. Dry scent is a combination of cantaloupe and honeydew melons, similar to their Melon Oolong.

Once steeped, it smells strongly of sweet honeydew melons, and I added a touch of raw sugar as well. The flavor here is lovely, and it tastes like a combination of cantaloupe and honeydew to me. I think it’s the same flavoring used in their Melon Oolong, and I tend to prefer that one because the oolong base adds more juiciness to it. This one is awesome too though, and caffeine free. :)

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh man, how many Lupicia ’s you had today? They should pay you in tea for all these great reviews

Yum. On my list now, although I would probably also prefer the oolong.

Lariel of Lórien

Hail to our Melon Overlords!

Cameron B.

boychik, If only… ;) Just trying to get through all of my samples so I know what to order.

The Japanese do melon flavored things really really well. I have some melon chocolate in my cabinet from Hokkaido and it’s phenomenal!

We’re doing the copy/paste thing even though this probably deserves a paragraphed tasting note…

- Also, bubblegum…
- Succulent, sweet, juicy, and authentic
- The green rooibos base is perfect too!
- Newly “tinned” and will be forever hoarded because it’s PERFECT
- Courtney is a fool for selling it to me
- Even Tre, tea skeptic that he is, said that is perfect and doesn’t need anything added

Flavors: Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Cameron B.

Have you had their Melon Oolong?

Roswell Strange

I have not; would love to though. There are several Lupicia teas I’d order. Melon Oolong, Kotobuki, the new Autumn one that’s pumpkin/sweet potato. Really the only thing I’d be overly cautious of is blindly buying a black blend; I haven’t been impressed with their black base in the ones I’ve tried so far.

Cameron B.

Well the Melon Oolong and Golden Honeydew seem like the same flavoring to me, but I like the oolong version slightly better because of the base. :)

Do you want me to send you some Melon Oolong, Roswell? I could stick a sample in the mail next week. :) (I have 100g and am trying to not give any to my BFF, who I bought it for. So good!)

I, for one, welcome our new Melon Overlords.

The dry uh, leaves smell like a nice, ripe honeydew melon. And brewed, it reminds me of these Japanese gummy candies I really like. There is a sweet, fruity flavour. Lupicia, you’ve convinced me I enjoy melon flavour teas. Which is a accomplishment since I was skeptical. It is also my new fave green rooibos. Thanks to Ost for this.

Flavors: Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Lariel of Lórien

Tried this iced today, but I like it better hot. Which was surprising.

Okay, I got that off my chest :-)

Golden Honey Dew… yum, yum, yummy. Scent, taste and aroma are very melon-y. When I tried to sip it right away it was too hot and I didn’t get the melon but I did get a burned tongue. After it cooled a bit and I added some stevia I found the most delightful melon flavor. It really fills the mouth nicely and has a very refreshing taste. I am really enjoying this. I could definitely add this to my cupboard! I imagine it is good cold but I really am enjoying it hot. Thanks NayLyn!

Now on to other things… It was the first day of school here. I’m retired but I am helping a friend of mine (who has low vision) with her first – second grade split of 34 STUDENTS!! When she took the job, after two years on disability, the principal said there would be 22 kids altogether. Now there are 34! The air conditioner isn’t working. It’s hot!! In a very short time I had forgotten how noisy, whiny, distracted etc. they are the first day of school. (It must be like childbirth where you forget how awful it is when it is over) If she gets 2 more students and the school board approves they can split it into separate first grade and second grade classes. If you have any spare 1st or 2nd grade students at home please send them to Highland School Elgin, IL.

Flavors: Melon

Roswell Strange

My roommate is flipping out about new Who; and I’m feeling incredibly guilty that I never got caught up with Eleven…

I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEW WHO! Also, Roswell, Eleven is the best one! You must catch up!

Lariel of Lórien

Doctor Who! (With the guy from Fire of Pompeii.)

Sipdown! 2/6 tins. 4 more to go. And might be getting more on Thursday if they are still in stock at the Lupicia store! :D
I seriously drink this tea so much. It never gets old. One of the best teas I’ve ever had. I can’t imagine not having this again. It’s the perfect tea for when I can’t drink caffeine! :D
Also the second tin of this went super fast. I don’t think I’ve ever finished a 50g bag THAT fast before. This is why I need more haha

Maddy Barone

That certainly sounds good! I’m looking for teas that I can drink in the evening without feeling too wired for sleep. maybe I should try this one.

Maddy Barone

Holy crap. I just went and ordered a tin of this. Crap. I wasn’t going to buy any more tea. Bad Maddy. Bad girl!

Haha Maddy. You won’t regret the purchase so don’t worry.

Yeah you definitely will not regret, Maddy!! If anything you’ll get as hooked as me :P

Maddy Barone

Thanks VariaTea and Ost! I’m looking forward to getting it. I also ordered Orange Kidd. I’ve never had green rooibos. I can;’t wait to try these!

so jealous of your ability to just go get this ost!

I didn’t realize this was a green rooibos blend. I really need to get some of this now.

Aha, well not sure why they have it since it’s the store in LA, Sil. The first couple times I came it wasn’t in stock but all of a sudden last time I went it was there, so I am hoping they still have some left. But yeah, thought it was only the SF stores that are supposed to have it. So no idea haha!