Golden Honey Dew

Rooibos Tea
Green Rooibos, Honeydew, Marigold Flowers
Green Melons, Honeydew, Melon, Roasted, Sweet, Round , Smooth, Honey, Cantaloupe, Candy, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

This smells and tastes just like honeydew. I’m not a big fan of the fruit, but the juice itself is good, and I’ve had my share of honeydew gum, and this has a nice flavor while not tasting artificial. I didn’t realize it was a green rooibos when it came in Tracey’s traveling tea box, because the predominant smell is honeydew, but it makes sense. I will have to try green rooibos by itself to know how it tastes. I think this tea tastes best cold. It’s almost like drinking honeydew juice.

Flavors: Honeydew, Sweet

Whoa. Best flavored rooibos I’ve EVER had, hands down. I’m SO SO SO tempted to say “BEST MELON FLAVORED TEA EVER”, but I haven’t had Butiki’s Cantaloupe & Cream since I got into white teas. It’s the only other one that could come close. I’m going to hold my tongue until then.

And I’m going to drink this every night.

Holy crap this is amazing.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Cooking TTB #4

Oh Lupicia, where have you been all my life? Every tea I’ve tried from this company has been stellar and Golden Honey Dew is no exception! It tastes like I squeezed a fresh, juicy honeydew melon directly into my cup…no artificial flavor, no woody roobios aftertaste. This is another one I’d love to try iced at some point.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the Cooking TTB.

Ugh, how does Lupicia do it? Their melon flavouring is sooooooo good. So juicy and natural. I want all their melon teas, all of them!

I love that this one is a green rooibos. The base just nicely supports the melon flavour, with no woody or medicinal notes.

So so delicious.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

I somehow never reviewed this!

Definitely a realistic melon taste. And green rooibos is a-ok by me, unlike disgusting loathesome regular rooibos that tastes like wood!

I only got one tin of this. But I have the melon oolong which I realize is a different tea base, but is equally melony and realistically flavoured, so I like them equally.

melon oolong lost it’s flavour a little for me after a time…honeydew one hasn’t yet

Sipdown! This one has grown on me a lot, although it does seem to be a better choice for the summer season than colder weather. In any case, it’s a very soothing evening treat.

I’m still really busy, but looking forward to having more tea and the time to enjoy it, come this time next month…

This is a sample from NayLynn. Thank you.

I saw all the post about this tea earlier this year and almost looked into buying some while it was sold online, but I really didn’t think a rooibos could be sooo amazing. Boy was I wrong. This is amazing. I have been cutting back on caffeine at night and so I have been looking into teas that I can drink in the evening. This is so delicious. I made this last night before bed and added 1/2 tsp of sugar to a 12ishoz mug of this. This is juicy, and really does taste like honey dew melon. If this ever comes back online count me in!

This one came from NayLynn, and I confess I’ve tried it once and not written a note, because I was feeling lazy and it was late at night. This looks like plain green rooibos, so I guess it’s just flavoring and no other additions. Dry scent is a combination of cantaloupe and honeydew melons, similar to their Melon Oolong.

Once steeped, it smells strongly of sweet honeydew melons, and I added a touch of raw sugar as well. The flavor here is lovely, and it tastes like a combination of cantaloupe and honeydew to me. I think it’s the same flavoring used in their Melon Oolong, and I tend to prefer that one because the oolong base adds more juiciness to it. This one is awesome too though, and caffeine free. :)

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh man, how many Lupicia ’s you had today? They should pay you in tea for all these great reviews

Yum. On my list now, although I would probably also prefer the oolong.

Lariel of Lórien

Hail to our Melon Overlords!

Cameron B.

boychik, If only… ;) Just trying to get through all of my samples so I know what to order.

The Japanese do melon flavored things really really well. I have some melon chocolate in my cabinet from Hokkaido and it’s phenomenal!

We’re doing the copy/paste thing even though this probably deserves a paragraphed tasting note…

- Also, bubblegum…
- Succulent, sweet, juicy, and authentic
- The green rooibos base is perfect too!
- Newly “tinned” and will be forever hoarded because it’s PERFECT
- Courtney is a fool for selling it to me
- Even Tre, tea skeptic that he is, said that is perfect and doesn’t need anything added

Flavors: Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Cameron B.

Have you had their Melon Oolong?

Roswell Strange

I have not; would love to though. There are several Lupicia teas I’d order. Melon Oolong, Kotobuki, the new Autumn one that’s pumpkin/sweet potato. Really the only thing I’d be overly cautious of is blindly buying a black blend; I haven’t been impressed with their black base in the ones I’ve tried so far.

Cameron B.

Well the Melon Oolong and Golden Honeydew seem like the same flavoring to me, but I like the oolong version slightly better because of the base. :)

Do you want me to send you some Melon Oolong, Roswell? I could stick a sample in the mail next week. :) (I have 100g and am trying to not give any to my BFF, who I bought it for. So good!)

I, for one, welcome our new Melon Overlords.

The dry uh, leaves smell like a nice, ripe honeydew melon. And brewed, it reminds me of these Japanese gummy candies I really like. There is a sweet, fruity flavour. Lupicia, you’ve convinced me I enjoy melon flavour teas. Which is a accomplishment since I was skeptical. It is also my new fave green rooibos. Thanks to Ost for this.

Flavors: Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Lariel of Lórien

Tried this iced today, but I like it better hot. Which was surprising.