Golden Honey Dew

Honey Dew, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “I sent a sachet of this over to *MissB* and *NayLynn* and it seems as though they both drank it today! Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn't enough. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 592 tasting notes
  • “this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i've ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong. if you have a chance to try this...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “Where has this Rooibos tea been my entire tea-drinking life? THIS TEA IS AMAZINGLY GOOD. Maybe I only like green rooibos? I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw "Golden Honey Dew" as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. ...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

From TTTTB: Yummy! If I ever make it to one of their shops, I will have to stock up! Jump62359 Thank you for including this for all of us to taste. Also, your labels are wonderful!!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
jump62359

Hehe I was bored one day and decided to actually put some effort into packing my teas and BAM that happened. I literally started squealing to my roommates because I was really happy with how cute they turned out ahha.

But tea labels aside, I’m so happy that you got the chance to try this tea! It’s my all time favourite tea and I’m happy that it’s fairly not so easy for me to get to. This tea is only available in their San Francisco stores and I’m at Uni in SoCal so it’s like 7hours away from me now :/ But I have family like 30minutes away from SF so with a bit of sweet talking, I can convince them to run into the city and grab me a package or two hehe :)

Kayla

Do you have any program you use for the labels or is it just skill with word?

Yes, I (somewhat sadly) placed in back in the TTTTB. Something that yummy needs to be shared! Thanks again for allowing us to sample it!

jump62359

Nope! It’s just plain old Microsoft Word. I play around with photoshop a lot so I have a ton of random fonts I’ve used for random projects, and that font I used was my favourite :)

I most definitely would have given everyone a sachet, but the TTB was waaay small! If I ever have the chance to go back to the city, I’ll definitely buy tons more of this tea just to send them out to people :)

ZOMG YES PLEASE! Seriously. someone go buy me 3 tins of this please. thanks.

This one was sent to me by the lovely jump62359 and i have been smelling it in my house since i opened the package yesterday. I have eked out every last bit of delicious steepings of this one because it’s good. like really good. like oh hey there melon…get in my mouth. woah, guess that could be taken the wrong way snicker but really? as a caffeine free option that tastes like DELICIOUS…i am all in…totally on board. need more. like yesterday.

QueenOfTarts

See! Isn’t it delicious?!

yessssssssssss….my precious….

VariaTEA

It resteeps well too! Sucks that you can’t get it unless you are in San Fran. My dad is in the right state but alas, not the right city, otherwise I would be makign him go get me more of this.

jump62359

Oh gosh. I promise, next time I’m in the city, I’ll just buy buttloads of this tea and send it to all of you!

TheTeaFairy

Their melon flavouring seems spot on cause I just had melon oolong and I also want my 3 tins ;-)

Amariel

This one is wishlisted for me…

I resteeped the crap out of hit his one hahaha and still have enough for another sil cup heh

Marzipan

Everyone email the company and demand they sell it online.

I’m very excited, but also worried to be trying this tea. The reason is… well, I love rooibos and I love honeydew melon and this tea is only available for purchase in store. I don’t have a Lupicia anywhere near me, so I may just be stuck pining for this tea after I try it. Oh, it smells so sweet and juicy!

Sipping… this is very nice! It starts out very mellow — a tiny bit of earthy green rooibos mixed with a sweet, juicy melon. It reminds me of some kind of a cactus fruit… sweet, prickly and a sparkling. The flavor sort of blooms on the tongue while still remaining soft. I find that I get the most melon flavor when I sort of gulp the tea down since it’s so delicate. It’s just … juicy, light and yummy! Yes, this is definitely one of my top rooibos teas. I want pounds upon pounds of this tea. I’ll have to find some way to have someone purchase this tea for me in store… I don’t know anyone in California, though! It’s just so lovely. Thank you a million times over, jump62359, for sharing some with me!

jump62359

Even if there was a Lupicia near you, they only sell this in San Francisco! Why? I have no idea :/ It’s a pain in the butt, I know. My favourite tea and it’s a 7 hour drive away :/
But next time I’m in the city, I’ll probably buy like tons of this tea haha. I purchased about 3 packages last time and I’m already halfway through the last one!

Wow…

SO GOOD. I only had 1 tea bag, and I know we can’t get this online, so I steeped it about 5 times this weekend. It’s heavenly. So is the weather. Everything else, meh. But I’m running again, and after my boring test tomorrow I don’t have to study insurance for awhile, and I’m all caught up on Hannibal. So not everything.

Tastes and smells like honeydew. Definitely a favorite, and everyone I have gotten to try and smell it think it’s absolutely amazing.

Flavors: Honeydew

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 45 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 240 ML

This tastes JUST like honeydew. The green rooibos hardly comes through, especially when steeped cold. Really exceptional for a rooibos blend. Usually I’m not so crazy about melon-flavored teas—I like melon well enough, but there are lots of fruit flavors I’m more drawn to—but, given that I don’t often find caffeine-free options to get enthused about, I think there’d definitely be a place for this in my stash. It’s too bad this one isn’t available online, and, as others have mentioned, I’m puzzled as to what’s so extra specially Californian about honeydew—do they even grow in CA?

Anyway, I tried it hot and cold-steeped, and I preferred it cold—although it wasn’t bad hot, warm melon is just a hard thing for me to wrap my head around. Thanks very much for letting me try this one, Dustin!

P.S. Does anyone know if this is available in all of the California stores, vs. just the Bay Area ones?

1933 tasting notes

Of course this tastes good cold brewed. This tea can do no wrong. Seriously, hot or cold, it is pure melon goodness. Thank you jump62359 for bringing this tea to my attention and then supplying me with such a generous amount. You are AMAZING!!!

Memily

I still remember jump62359 first bringing this to my attention and if watching various steepsters try it and go nuts for it makes me happy, I can only imagine how she’s feeling! So rad. Hope I get to try some one day.

jump62359

Not gunna lie, I definitely stalk the Golden Honey Dew page pretty often because I freakin love this tea. And the fact that you can get it in only one place (technically three places within one city haha), it makes it super easy to read through all the notes :)
So so incredibly happy that the people I’ve sent it to has enjoyed it very much! It’s bittersweet, in a way. Sweet that people love the tea, bitter because it’s obviously hard to get :/

jump62359

Memily, I’d definitely offer to send you a sample, but I don’t know how much it’ll cost to send to Australia :/ next time I visit the post office, I’ll make sure to ask! If it’s in my budget, I’ll probably send a small sample your way :)

Amariel

It looks great, and I’m sure this is on my wishlist.

This was a special offering from jump62359 in the Teeny Traveling Tea Box. You will see on my profile that I’m not exactly a rooibos fan. I don’t usually like flavored teas much and I especially don’t usually like fruity tea. I had no idea that I would actually like this. Apparently green rooibos is good. This tastes just exactly like honeydew melon. It is pale and pretty and tastes juicy and just happy. This would be a PERFECT bedtime tea for sweet dreams. It is unfortunate you can only get this by walking into a store in California or I would actually go buy this. I know. I’m as surprised as anyone.

Thank you so much sweetjump62359, you are wonderfully awesome just like this tea it is soooo soooo good. I can see how it is your favorite.

Honey dew may be one of my favorite fruits that I never buy because I always pick the wrong ones. This taste and smells just like honey dew. I forgot how good green rooibos can be. I knew from the moment you mentioned it I would fall in love it and not be able to live without it. Thanks for sharing this special tea with me:)

Edit: To get the most out of this one little sachet I steeped one more time with hot water that was not enough so I iced it and then cold steeped it 2 more times. Every cup was great and my son likes it also!

keychange

Too bad we didn’t know of this resounding deliciousness when we placed the order!

I am SO grateful that jump36259 (I think I got those numbers right) sent me even more of this! The initial few cups she sent me went down way too fast, so now I’m into stash #2. Still amazingly delicious, and will become a permanent fixture in my cupboard.

jump62359

Hahha, close enough! They got jumbled up a bit, bit it’s all good.
Glad you love it!

MissB

Ha! I should just write it all down. Or, have any device to help me remember the order?

jump62359

Hahha well, there’s this band called Mcfly and I love them so much. I made a thing in middle school and had to think of a user name so it kinds stuck?? Haha well, 62359 spells Mcfly on a phone soooo yeah.
I know it’s weird! But it’s been with me for years and I just kept it :)