Golden Honey Dew

Honeydew, Melon, Sweet, Cantaloupe, Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “I sent a sachet of this over to *MissB* and *NayLynn* and it seems as though they both drank it today! Dude. I only had about 2 sachets to last me two weeks and really wasn't enough. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 614 tasting notes
  • “this is seriously one of the best rooibos teas i've ever had. i thought i was done with rooibos all together. but here is green lupicia rooibos proving me wrong. if you have a chance to try this...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 746 tasting notes
  • “Where has this Rooibos tea been my entire tea-drinking life? THIS TEA IS AMAZINGLY GOOD. Maybe I only like green rooibos? I love the fruity melon flavor, the scent, the light mouth feel. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I never thought of honeydew melons as being particularly Californian, so I was surprised when I saw "Golden Honey Dew" as one of the exclusive, California-only blends at my local Lupicia store. ...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

I’m very excited, but also worried to be trying this tea. The reason is… well, I love rooibos and I love honeydew melon and this tea is only available for purchase in store. I don’t have a Lupicia anywhere near me, so I may just be stuck pining for this tea after I try it. Oh, it smells so sweet and juicy!

Sipping… this is very nice! It starts out very mellow — a tiny bit of earthy green rooibos mixed with a sweet, juicy melon. It reminds me of some kind of a cactus fruit… sweet, prickly and a sparkling. The flavor sort of blooms on the tongue while still remaining soft. I find that I get the most melon flavor when I sort of gulp the tea down since it’s so delicate. It’s just … juicy, light and yummy! Yes, this is definitely one of my top rooibos teas. I want pounds upon pounds of this tea. I’ll have to find some way to have someone purchase this tea for me in store… I don’t know anyone in California, though! It’s just so lovely. Thank you a million times over, jump62359, for sharing some with me!

jump62359

Even if there was a Lupicia near you, they only sell this in San Francisco! Why? I have no idea :/ It’s a pain in the butt, I know. My favourite tea and it’s a 7 hour drive away :/
But next time I’m in the city, I’ll probably buy like tons of this tea haha. I purchased about 3 packages last time and I’m already halfway through the last one!

Wow…

SO GOOD. I only had 1 tea bag, and I know we can’t get this online, so I steeped it about 5 times this weekend. It’s heavenly. So is the weather. Everything else, meh. But I’m running again, and after my boring test tomorrow I don’t have to study insurance for awhile, and I’m all caught up on Hannibal. So not everything.

Tastes and smells like honeydew. Definitely a favorite, and everyone I have gotten to try and smell it think it’s absolutely amazing.

Flavors: Honeydew

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 45 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 240 ML

This tastes JUST like honeydew. The green rooibos hardly comes through, especially when steeped cold. Really exceptional for a rooibos blend. Usually I’m not so crazy about melon-flavored teas—I like melon well enough, but there are lots of fruit flavors I’m more drawn to—but, given that I don’t often find caffeine-free options to get enthused about, I think there’d definitely be a place for this in my stash. It’s too bad this one isn’t available online, and, as others have mentioned, I’m puzzled as to what’s so extra specially Californian about honeydew—do they even grow in CA?

Anyway, I tried it hot and cold-steeped, and I preferred it cold—although it wasn’t bad hot, warm melon is just a hard thing for me to wrap my head around. Thanks very much for letting me try this one, Dustin!

P.S. Does anyone know if this is available in all of the California stores, vs. just the Bay Area ones?

Of course this tastes good cold brewed. This tea can do no wrong. Seriously, hot or cold, it is pure melon goodness. Thank you jump62359 for bringing this tea to my attention and then supplying me with such a generous amount. You are AMAZING!!!

Memily

I still remember jump62359 first bringing this to my attention and if watching various steepsters try it and go nuts for it makes me happy, I can only imagine how she’s feeling! So rad. Hope I get to try some one day.

jump62359

Not gunna lie, I definitely stalk the Golden Honey Dew page pretty often because I freakin love this tea. And the fact that you can get it in only one place (technically three places within one city haha), it makes it super easy to read through all the notes :)
So so incredibly happy that the people I’ve sent it to has enjoyed it very much! It’s bittersweet, in a way. Sweet that people love the tea, bitter because it’s obviously hard to get :/

jump62359

Memily, I’d definitely offer to send you a sample, but I don’t know how much it’ll cost to send to Australia :/ next time I visit the post office, I’ll make sure to ask! If it’s in my budget, I’ll probably send a small sample your way :)

Amariel

It looks great, and I’m sure this is on my wishlist.

This was a special offering from jump62359 in the Teeny Traveling Tea Box. You will see on my profile that I’m not exactly a rooibos fan. I don’t usually like flavored teas much and I especially don’t usually like fruity tea. I had no idea that I would actually like this. Apparently green rooibos is good. This tastes just exactly like honeydew melon. It is pale and pretty and tastes juicy and just happy. This would be a PERFECT bedtime tea for sweet dreams. It is unfortunate you can only get this by walking into a store in California or I would actually go buy this. I know. I’m as surprised as anyone.

Thank you so much sweetjump62359, you are wonderfully awesome just like this tea it is soooo soooo good. I can see how it is your favorite.

Honey dew may be one of my favorite fruits that I never buy because I always pick the wrong ones. This taste and smells just like honey dew. I forgot how good green rooibos can be. I knew from the moment you mentioned it I would fall in love it and not be able to live without it. Thanks for sharing this special tea with me:)

Edit: To get the most out of this one little sachet I steeped one more time with hot water that was not enough so I iced it and then cold steeped it 2 more times. Every cup was great and my son likes it also!

keychange

Too bad we didn’t know of this resounding deliciousness when we placed the order!

I am SO grateful that jump36259 (I think I got those numbers right) sent me even more of this! The initial few cups she sent me went down way too fast, so now I’m into stash #2. Still amazingly delicious, and will become a permanent fixture in my cupboard.

jump62359

Hahha, close enough! They got jumbled up a bit, bit it’s all good.
Glad you love it!

MissB

Ha! I should just write it all down. Or, have any device to help me remember the order?

jump62359

Hahha well, there’s this band called Mcfly and I love them so much. I made a thing in middle school and had to think of a user name so it kinds stuck?? Haha well, 62359 spells Mcfly on a phone soooo yeah.
I know it’s weird! But it’s been with me for years and I just kept it :)

It really tastes like honeydew melon! Usually when a tea says it tastes like something it may be close or you kinda have to imagine it. I would have never thought that they would actually flavor it with real honey dew! This also happen to be one of my favorite melons so this really made my day.

The dry smell is nice but bot something I would lay out like potpourri. The smell when steep is quite nice but again nothing I would want to sit around smell all day. This one comes down all the that wonderful honey dew melon flavor. yum yum yum.

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more

Cold brewed in the fridge for a few days with a touch of sugar turns this tea into the most mouthwatering juicy tasting honey dew drink ever! It really is weird how dead on the taste is without actually being fresh squeezed fruit. I can’t taste the rooibos at all.