Golden Honey Dew

Rooibos Tea
Green Rooibos, Honeydew, Marigold Flowers
Honeydew, Smooth, Sweet, Melon, Cantaloupe, Candy, Green Melons, Honey, Honey Dew
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

From Lupicia

Caffeine-free green rooibos tea is scented with Californian honeydew melon.

About Lupicia View company

I admit, I wanted to try this due to all of the hype here. This was my first Lupicia tea, first green rooibos, and first melon tea. I went into the cup a bit skeptical that I would become a Golden Honeydewite. Thank you Dustin for the sample!

I was wrong. This was amazing. With every drink I kept thinking, how do they do that?

A few years ago we had some family visit from Denmark, and we bought a huge watermelon and ate it out on the deck. There was no watermelon before or after that compared to this melon. It has been years and we still talk about it. It is the melon that all others must measure up to. You know how you were in college and you partook in certain things and the food you ate was THE BEST FOOD EVER? (Not that I ever did, smirk), that’s the caliber of watermelon.

The watermelon tangent is just to say, if that had been the best honeydew ever, the one that has no match, this is the tea made from that melon. It’s like melon crack.

keychange

Oh my gosh I need to try this yesterday!

TheTeaFairy

I took a leap of faith a few days ago and ordered 100g of it, can’t wait! Reading your review, I don’t think I took a big risk, I’m sure I will love it as well :-)

I loved your story, it reminds me of my aunt, she used to grow small watermelons in the summer. Before serving them, she’d put them in the freezer for a while, cut them in half and we would eat our half with a spoon, sitting in the sun on the grass, watermelon between our legs, the best!

keychange

I love how tea can evoke such strong memories and associations. A way to live things twice.

Marzipan

I keep telling myself no more, I need to work on drinking down what I have. The joke’s on me!

Thanks VariaTEA (188)
So, I’m an idiot. I’m completely exhausted and drank two cups of this tonight and didn’t realize that it was green rooibos. (Uhh… I can haz caffiene?) :P It’s freaking tasty though, and now I can get this AND Melon Oolong because they are actually quite different and good for different times of the day.

ETA: I’m actually REALLY a big idiot because this isn’t the tea I drank. :P Can you believe that? I drank the Ripe Mango Oolong from Kat_Maria and it was delicious and I loved it, and I KNEW that it had big leaves, so why did I think it was a green rooibos?

Anyway… move along… nothing to see here!

Is this one available?

you have to get it IN san Fran i believe… but it’s so damn good.

Cavocorax

Why would they do that to us?

Courtney

Why would they do that to us?! Gasp. I’m planning on visiting LA, not San Fran. Le sigh.

..to give me an excuse to go back to san fran?

Brilliant.

MissB

I think it’s a California-only blend, although I could be wrong. I’m going to grab a whack when I’m there in a few months, and am happy to send some along to anyone else who wants some.

Courtney

YES. Such an awesome enabler.

jump62359

It’s a San Franciscan blend, so you can only get it in their three locations in SF.
I live in SoCal for uni BUT home is in the suburbs around SF so I can easily ask my parents to run into the City and purchase a couple packages of this tea :)

If anyone wants, I’m totally up for sending a wee 4-5g sample of this tea since it is my absolute favourite tea in the entire world :)

I love this tea. I drink it iced with no sugar. It is refreshing and can be used any time of the day, because it is caffeine free. I drove to San Francisco just to buy this tea. It is a Bay Area exclusive and is only offered online once in awhile.

From TTTTB: Yummy! If I ever make it to one of their shops, I will have to stock up! Jump62359 Thank you for including this for all of us to taste. Also, your labels are wonderful!!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
jump62359

Hehe I was bored one day and decided to actually put some effort into packing my teas and BAM that happened. I literally started squealing to my roommates because I was really happy with how cute they turned out ahha.

But tea labels aside, I’m so happy that you got the chance to try this tea! It’s my all time favourite tea and I’m happy that it’s fairly not so easy for me to get to. This tea is only available in their San Francisco stores and I’m at Uni in SoCal so it’s like 7hours away from me now :/ But I have family like 30minutes away from SF so with a bit of sweet talking, I can convince them to run into the city and grab me a package or two hehe :)

Kayla

Do you have any program you use for the labels or is it just skill with word?

Yes, I (somewhat sadly) placed in back in the TTTTB. Something that yummy needs to be shared! Thanks again for allowing us to sample it!

jump62359

Nope! It’s just plain old Microsoft Word. I play around with photoshop a lot so I have a ton of random fonts I’ve used for random projects, and that font I used was my favourite :)

I most definitely would have given everyone a sachet, but the TTB was waaay small! If I ever have the chance to go back to the city, I’ll definitely buy tons more of this tea just to send them out to people :)

ZOMG YES PLEASE! Seriously. someone go buy me 3 tins of this please. thanks.

This one was sent to me by the lovely jump62359 and i have been smelling it in my house since i opened the package yesterday. I have eked out every last bit of delicious steepings of this one because it’s good. like really good. like oh hey there melon…get in my mouth. woah, guess that could be taken the wrong way snicker but really? as a caffeine free option that tastes like DELICIOUS…i am all in…totally on board. need more. like yesterday.

QueenOfTarts

See! Isn’t it delicious?!

yessssssssssss….my precious….

VariaTEA

It resteeps well too! Sucks that you can’t get it unless you are in San Fran. My dad is in the right state but alas, not the right city, otherwise I would be makign him go get me more of this.

jump62359

Oh gosh. I promise, next time I’m in the city, I’ll just buy buttloads of this tea and send it to all of you!

TheTeaFairy

Their melon flavouring seems spot on cause I just had melon oolong and I also want my 3 tins ;-)

Amariel

This one is wishlisted for me…

I resteeped the crap out of hit his one hahaha and still have enough for another sil cup heh

Marzipan

Everyone email the company and demand they sell it online.

I’m very excited, but also worried to be trying this tea. The reason is… well, I love rooibos and I love honeydew melon and this tea is only available for purchase in store. I don’t have a Lupicia anywhere near me, so I may just be stuck pining for this tea after I try it. Oh, it smells so sweet and juicy!

Sipping… this is very nice! It starts out very mellow — a tiny bit of earthy green rooibos mixed with a sweet, juicy melon. It reminds me of some kind of a cactus fruit… sweet, prickly and a sparkling. The flavor sort of blooms on the tongue while still remaining soft. I find that I get the most melon flavor when I sort of gulp the tea down since it’s so delicate. It’s just … juicy, light and yummy! Yes, this is definitely one of my top rooibos teas. I want pounds upon pounds of this tea. I’ll have to find some way to have someone purchase this tea for me in store… I don’t know anyone in California, though! It’s just so lovely. Thank you a million times over, jump62359, for sharing some with me!

jump62359

Even if there was a Lupicia near you, they only sell this in San Francisco! Why? I have no idea :/ It’s a pain in the butt, I know. My favourite tea and it’s a 7 hour drive away :/
But next time I’m in the city, I’ll probably buy like tons of this tea haha. I purchased about 3 packages last time and I’m already halfway through the last one!

Wow…

SO GOOD. I only had 1 tea bag, and I know we can’t get this online, so I steeped it about 5 times this weekend. It’s heavenly. So is the weather. Everything else, meh. But I’m running again, and after my boring test tomorrow I don’t have to study insurance for awhile, and I’m all caught up on Hannibal. So not everything.

Tastes and smells like honeydew. Definitely a favorite, and everyone I have gotten to try and smell it think it’s absolutely amazing.

Flavors: Honeydew

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 45 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 240 ML

This tastes JUST like honeydew. The green rooibos hardly comes through, especially when steeped cold. Really exceptional for a rooibos blend. Usually I’m not so crazy about melon-flavored teas—I like melon well enough, but there are lots of fruit flavors I’m more drawn to—but, given that I don’t often find caffeine-free options to get enthused about, I think there’d definitely be a place for this in my stash. It’s too bad this one isn’t available online, and, as others have mentioned, I’m puzzled as to what’s so extra specially Californian about honeydew—do they even grow in CA?

Anyway, I tried it hot and cold-steeped, and I preferred it cold—although it wasn’t bad hot, warm melon is just a hard thing for me to wrap my head around. Thanks very much for letting me try this one, Dustin!

P.S. Does anyone know if this is available in all of the California stores, vs. just the Bay Area ones?

Of course this tastes good cold brewed. This tea can do no wrong. Seriously, hot or cold, it is pure melon goodness. Thank you jump62359 for bringing this tea to my attention and then supplying me with such a generous amount. You are AMAZING!!!

Memily

I still remember jump62359 first bringing this to my attention and if watching various steepsters try it and go nuts for it makes me happy, I can only imagine how she’s feeling! So rad. Hope I get to try some one day.

jump62359

Not gunna lie, I definitely stalk the Golden Honey Dew page pretty often because I freakin love this tea. And the fact that you can get it in only one place (technically three places within one city haha), it makes it super easy to read through all the notes :)
So so incredibly happy that the people I’ve sent it to has enjoyed it very much! It’s bittersweet, in a way. Sweet that people love the tea, bitter because it’s obviously hard to get :/

jump62359

Memily, I’d definitely offer to send you a sample, but I don’t know how much it’ll cost to send to Australia :/ next time I visit the post office, I’ll make sure to ask! If it’s in my budget, I’ll probably send a small sample your way :)

Amariel

It looks great, and I’m sure this is on my wishlist.