Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Ricky
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 10 oz / 290 ml

From Lupicia

Authentic Earl Grey made with Keemun tea. Delicious straight up or with milk.

About Lupicia View company

To me, “Earl Grey” has always meant mediocrity – I thought of it as the boring, bitter, miserable stuff of cheap complimentary teabags. Then, I smelled Lupicia’s take on it…

The aroma hits you like a truck out of the tin, pure fresh bergamot – absolutely love at first smell. Tin sold. When brewed, the bergamot explosion mellows out to allow the smoky smooth keemun base to take the lead. Unlike the terrible greys I have had in the past, the bergamot is fresh, complex, fruity and multilayered, the kind of quality I’ve come to expect from Lupicia. No “someone sprinkled citric acid on some Lipton” here.

I don’t know that I would call myself a fan of Earl Grey just yet, but I am most certainly a fan of Lupicia’s take on it. Fresh, complex, energizing and pure quality.

I like this Earl Grey. Two things to note: the form bought in teabags in definitely the best I’ve tried; they currently hang out in a tiny tin in my travel bag for drinking on trains. The loose form is auditioning for a place in my cupboard as my Earl Grey staple.

Just okay. I like some more depth on my earl grey, but this just has light citrus. Not bad, just not my favorite.

Too much bergamot (typical of Japanese Earl Grey in my experience). Otherwise, not wholly unpleasant.

Beorhthraefn included a tea bag of this in the Secret Pumpkin package. Thank you!

This is a nice Earl Grey. Lovely aroma. The bergamot is pleasingly light and complements the smoky Keemun base.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is an incredibly smooth tea. Goes down very nicely. The bergamot isn’t as strong as I was hoping but not too light to taste.

Thanks, Dinosara!

This is a SOLID earl grey. I wasn’t too sure of it as I was steeping it this morning, because the bergamot does initially smell quite strong.

But then it sat in my thermos for a couple hours, and… MAGIC. It is really good! This is definitely an EG worth picking up in the future (ie: once I have fewer teas) for those days when only an EG will do.

Thank so much for sharing this with me!

(1.5 tsp per 14 oz)

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

This is my favorite Earl Grey tea I have had so far. You can really taste the citrus without it becoming overwhelming.

So I may have oversteeped because it had a bitterness to it this time. Lazy bum that I am, I was too lazy to go to the kitchen to get sugar so I ate a mini chocolate. It was really, really good with the tea and tamed the bitterness completely. I didnt stir it in, just chewed and sipped the hot tea, which made it melty. Makes me want to try the chocolate earl grey…