Orzo - Caramel & Honey

Barley (Roasted), Marigold Flowers
Butter, Cocoa, Earth, Caramel, Honey, Roasted Barley
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 g 13 oz / 386 ml

• “Uhhhh, this smells strongly of a delicious, delicious coffee drink that would upset my tummy. O.o Have to say that I was a bit apprehensive to try it, but my apprehension nearly always is...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “nomity, nom nom...had a cup of this tonight and i am sooo happy with the dark, deep, roasty, caramel, delicious notes that it's ALMOST enough to make up for the extended week i'm going to have, as...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4644 tasting notes
  • “brewed 1 tsp in 6oz boiling water for 5 min, then added about 2 oz vanilla almond milk. Mmmm tastes much like coffee to me - roasty, a bit nutty, but also with a hint more sweetness than the...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2402 tasting notes
  • “1 tablespoon for 375 ml Burnt aroma. Burnt food taste. Mild caramel sweetness. Smooth. The flavour becomes more tolerable as the tisane cools. The lingering aftertaste is a coffee (maybe...” Read full tasting note
    Rarity 439 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Orzo scented and flavored with caramel and honey yields a deep and full-bodied texture and taste with a mild sweetness. Excellent with milk or with any dairy substitute. Caffeine free.

Ingredients: barley, dried strawberry, flavors

About Lupicia View company

Sipdown!! (169)

So this tea looks like sludge when it is brewing and the steeped tea is rich, black, and incredibly dense. There is a buttery caramel flavor combined beautifully with sweet honey and a touch of coffee-like earthiness from the base. Good and incredibly unique, but not something I think I could drink all that often (hopefully the Orzo Strawberry I have on the way in a joint Lupicia order with Cavocorax and Sil will be a little easier to drink more often). Nonetheless, I am super grateful to jump62359 for introducing me to this tea and sending me a generous sample to try it :)

Amariel

I can’t wait to try this one.

whatshesaid

I’m still debating if I should include this one in my big Lupicia order or not

Gosh this is so dark and roasty. I gotta remind myself it’s not coffee… it’s safe to drink before bed. It’s so dark and thick – I’m worried it’ll stain my teeth black. :O I added milk to tone it down a bit and it’s awesome. Sweet caramel, milk and barley.

I approve, Steepsterian’s. I approve.

Yay. Glad you liked it

Amariel

Oooh! Interesting! It’s really that dark?

Cavocorax

It is. It left black grime in my cup too which is… not the best? But it tastes interesting enough that I look forward to more!

I’m so exhausted wow. I slept at 4am because I just could not go to sleep for some reason! And I woke up at around 9 and didn’t eat, went to class, didn’t eat, went to class, left early for a special guest speaker and there they provided my first meal of the day.
Dang. Today was just to worst day ever. No energy at all ugh :/
But I decided to have some of this before I go to bed tonight. So exhausted so hopefully I’ll pass out right when I hit the pillow.

I actually had no idea how to brew this tea! It didn’t look like regular tea leaves. It looked like you’d mix it in water and it’d dissolve like hot coco. I read the tasting notes and saw that it clogged someone’s steeper, so I decided to just use my disposable filters.
It actually turned out really nice! VERY dark in colour and had a roasted, nearly burnt smell to it as it was steeping.
I’m honestly not a coffee drinker at all. The only coffee I enjoy is my Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks. Something with chocolate and highly sweetened haha. But this tea is nice! Totally not oversweet like the Java Chip, but a nice robust flavour to it. Definitely a unique tea! I’ve added just a bit of milk (maybe like 1oz) and a sprinkle of sugar to bring the flavours out more.

Flavors: Butter, Cocoa, Earth

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
QueenOfTarts

Hi! Was wondering if you’d like to swap some teas with me? I’m following you, but can’t send you a message unless you follow me back. Thanks! :)

oddree

Oh goodness, now I want a caramel Frappuccino so bad… Is that taboo to say on a social network for tea? :)

this is a wheat tea…so not really tea leaf. There’s a strawberry version too…and an original, but i like this one more than the original.

jump62359

QueenOfTarts I’m following you now! I’ll shoot you a message in a bit :)
oddree, naww it’s al good! Sometimes I finish a cup of tea then have this massive craving for Starbucks, so I kinda just… walk on over to Starbucks to satisfy my craving ahha
Sil, yeah, I’ve never had a wheat tea before so it was so foreign to me! Every time I go to Lupicia, I see these displayed in the back and I’m always curious. I like how they have the smelling tins, but every time I go, I always pick up the same teas. So this time, I decided to mix it up a bit and grab stuff I’ve never tried before :)

so jealous of your lupicia…

jump62359

I’ve been going to the same store for years but I kept getting the same teas over and over again cuz I was afraid to try something new.
Luckily the nearest Lupicia from where I live now is almost an hour away on the freeway so looks like I can spend money on more crucial things like FOOD hahah

This is really good if you want something like coffee. Also really good iced. And no caffeine!

Love love love this Orzo. I can’t do large quantities of caffeine (which means coffee = bad), so last fall, when it seemed like perfect evening latte weather, I started making this with a little Half & Half instead. The taste of roasted barley is tempered by a light sweetness. Adding a dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg added beautifully to the atmosphere.

I have a bit of a strawberry allergy, and didn’t know this had strawberries in it until I got home. I tried it anyway, and as it turns out, the strawberry presence is so mild as to be virtually nonexistent. No itchy eyes for me!

I love this because it doesn’t leave the bitter aftertaste or acidic aftertaste that coffee does. With milk and a little bit of sugar, this has a nice full body and makes a hearty drink. I think I taste a little chocolate with the caramel and honey. I’m not sure what the purpose of the little strawberry bits is, because this doesn’t taste fruity. It seems impossible to over-brew this, so let it steep a long time. Yum! Also good with a little egg nog instead of milk.