White Christmas

Apricot, White Chocolate, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 6 oz / 177 ml

2 Images

• “Even though I just received my Black Friday Della Terra order, and I have two orders from Herbal Infusions on the way, I had to stop by Lupicia and get some of this tea. I also picked up some...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 572 tasting notes
  • “This teabag came as a free sample in the Lupicia newsletter. I was expecting it to be a white tea like the Harney version, but it's a flavored black tea. This is a fairly likeable tea in my...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2469 tasting notes
  • “Woot, got the blog going, muhahahahha! If you wanna see pictures with this review, check out http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/white-christmas-by-lupicia-tea-review/ FYI, this tea I’m...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1056 tasting notes
  • “Yum yum yum! I am tasting distinct nutty tones to this tea, even though the ingredients do not mention any nut flavoring to this blend. But I don't care, because I love the way the toasty, nutty...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea flavored with white chocolate and apricot, conjuring up images of baked Christmas sweets.

About Lupicia View company

Tastes like DT’s Cookie but with a black tea base. Caramel and chocolately. Fun plus the darn cute art design on Lupicia’s tins get me every time.

This is one of my new favorite teas. This tea isn’t evocative of pine trees or peppermint of Christmas, no. It’s more like wearing your favorite fuzzy sweater with a butter cookie in hand. Delicious and light with a lingering sweetness.

Afternoon cuppa…or three…with coworkers.

Sample bag from Lupicia newsletter!

Smells almost exactly like Lupicia’s Cookie. The particles are the same small bits as Cookie too, making me wonder if they added the hint of nutty sweetness to make it more complex.

Brews a dark-colored but not especially strong liquor which tastes pretty much like Cookie to me. I don’t pick up the added white chocolate flavor a lot in this blend.

I figured might as well knock off the two christmas teas in my cupboard at the same time. This one is from shmiracles and while i’m happy to try it, it’s also a miss for me as well. I would NEVER have guessed white chocolate and apricot as the flavours in this one. It pretty much tasted like coconut that had fruit mixed in with it. Overall, nothing i need to drink again but i am happy to have another tea tasted under my belt lol

I always buy several bags of these when they go on sale for a limited time around Christmas. The apricot is such a sweet, perfect complement to the white chocolate flavor. This is a favorite tea during a cold winter, with a little milk and honey.

The very generous jump62359 included a sample bag of this along with a few other tasty treats. I’ve never had anything from Lupicia before, but I knew I was in trouble from the moment I took a big whiff of the pyramid-shaped bag. I brewed it up in short order, but found myself too impatient to let it sit and cool. Turns out a slightly scalded tongue was worth it when it comes to this tea. The flavor is nutty and vaguely reminiscent of quality popcorn, with sweet notes playing beneath it from what I assume is the white chocolate. The fruitiness comes out as well, and conjoins with the other tastes to produce a really lovely tea. If this is par for the course in terms of quality, I suspect I’m going to be placing an order with Lupicia very soon.

A bit of a let-down. Like I always do with flavoured black teas, I added milk, and I expected a lot of creaminess and a rounded fruit taste. Unfortunately, the delicious smell of the dry leaves didn’t translate into the liquid. I really didn’t taste the white chocolate – it was more of a shortbread note, and a weak one, in my opinion. The apricot wasn’t very strong, either, so the overall effect was kind of unsubstantial. I like flavoured black teas to be really strong – marron chocolat probably being Lupicia’s best example – so this tea struck me as nothing special. I really wanted to like it, and I probably would have if the flavour had been stronger.

Theres something lovely but slightly unsettling about drinking a sparkly tea. And yes it does actually sparkle. The silver cachous actually give the tea a glittery sheen.

sparkles aside, it is a lovely tea. It has such a strong toasty flavour with a lovely sweet apricot taste as well. I love the really strong black base to it. I love this base lupicia uses (I think its the same base as cookie and joyeux noel – two of my favourite teas).

Dont steep for too long or it will be awfully strong.

I’m not really sure I should be reviewing this now—it’s sort of my post-surgery consolation tea, and I’m a little congested, so I’m not sure I’m tasting this right, but it’s been such a good little tea that I can’t really help giving it some props.

The love I’ve developed for sweet-flavored black teas, which I still blame on Zen Tea ( ♥ ), pretty much ensured that I wouldn’t be able to pass up an apricot and white chocolate black tea, especially being the sucker I am for seasonal teas now. And it did not disappoint at all! This is such a wonderful tea. Again, I don’t think I’m tasting this right, but I’m loving what I do taste—the black tea is great, the apricot really pops out and goes a lot better with the black tea than I thought it would, and what I can taste of the white chocolate is sweet and subtle and accentuates the other two perfectly.

Happy winter, everyone!