Kuki-Cha Twig Tea (Traditional Series)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “ Life without Tao's kukicha is hard. Fortunately I found this to tide me over. There's a definate drop in quality but kukicha that can be overlooked (it's twig tea, they mock this stuff in Japan!)....” Read full tasting note
    Batrachoid 177 tasting notes

From Maeda-en

Maeda-en’s Traditional Kuki-cha is made from the twigs and stems of fine Sen-cha, which is then deep-steamed for a mild, earthy flavor.

We recommend to steep 1tbsp & 1tsp of Kuki-cha in hot water (160-170F) in a large pot for 60 seconds. Great with sweets.

About Maeda-en View company

Maeda-En has been in business for the last 25 years as an importer, manufacturer and wholesaler of green tea & green tea desserts. Our Japanese grown, fresh quality green teas are shipped directly from our production factory in Japan to the states and then world-wide.

Life without Tao’s kukicha is hard. Fortunately I found this to tide me over. There’s a definate drop in quality but kukicha that can be overlooked (it’s twig tea, they mock this stuff in Japan!). This is less the fresh mowed sweet orchard grass of Tao’s kukicha and more like a mowed, seeded and covered with straw lawn. Still some corn syrup sweetness and lemon tinge. Very bright and rustic. This is exactly the brusque post-matcha boost I needed today’s frenzy. I’ll switch back to Tao’s for days of a calmer focus.

But watch your steeping times; if I don’t frantically empty the teapot at 50 seconds this kukicha goes bitter instantly. I truly need to get a French press…