Edit tea info Last updated by Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs

From Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs

An intense vanilla taste blends harmoniously with a select black tea blend, to produce a creamy heavenly tea. Ingredients: Black tea, flavoring, vanilla pieces.

About Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs View company

totally not sure why i called this a sipdown the other day, but uh it wasn’t. now it is. hahaha either way, good times to be had with this tea :)

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I called a sipdown on something that wasn’t yesterday. Also, I took a sipdown on a tea, then I realized it wasn’t even on my inventory list, so it didn’t count in the numbers.

Dry this smells pretty awesome…a really wonderful vanilla aroma. Once I started infusing it morphed a little. It was like a vanilla/cream combo with a bit of fragrant aroma sort of like a body spray or perfume type smell.

The taste is vanilla/cream and a little floral – almost like a jasmine-type taste eventho I really doubt there is any jasmine in this flavor but I’m picking up a little ‘sumpin’-sumpin’

After really trying to ‘think’ about the after taste of this I finally realized what it was…it was the black tea base – it’s strong and malty with hints of cocoa powder almost…which linger. There is a mysterious spec of smokiness, too, in the black tea base. With all of these tasting-features it makes for a unique combo – one that I doubt I have ever had in a vanilla flavored black tea before. That, in itself, I appreciate.

This is pretty good. Different than I was expecting, but good.

This is a decent vanilla black tea. Almost caramelly in smell and with a sweetish taste.

For the price and taste I think I’d probably keep Harney & Son’s Vanilla Black in the cupboard over this one, but if one were making an order from Mahamosa and wanted something to round it out, this is a good tea.

Ysaurella

you should try the Mariage Frère one : Vanille des îles
It’s a very natural one and the base is fantastic

hmm good to know lol

Nicole

I’ll have to try the MF one, Ysaurella. Sounds good!

Sil – I hesitate to recommend a company to someone who has over 200 teas at the moment, but Mahamosa is good to deal with and has generous sample sizes. :)

nicole – lol oh there will be an order one of these days. I’ll have to try the MF one but i for sure have mahamosa on my list of tea places to try eventually. just need to get my cupboard back under control.

Made this again (hey, I liked it okay?!) but a bit differently so I thought it was worth it’s own tasting note.

For the first time ever I deviated from my milk-and-sugar routine with black tea and added chocolate soy milk and sugar. I liked it, but I don’t think I prefer it over the original way. Slight chocolatey flavour is nice but the soy taste that lingers is distracting and I can’t really taste the tea at all anymore.