Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

1 Tasting Note View all

• “So this morning I wanted something basic. Nothing fancy. This tea delivers on that without being the same stuff you can get at a restaurant. :) It's a good, medium bodied tea with just a hint...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 428 tasting notes

From Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs

This basic orange pekoe grade tea comes from the highest garden in the Nilgiri Hills of south India. It is an excellent tea with a slightly spicy flavor. Zoom in to the image above to see the dark brown leaves in detail. Enjoy this tea anytime.

Leaf: Orange pekoe leaf, dark brown

Body: Medium

Aroma and Taste: Slightly spicy.

Intensity: Medium

Color: Orange to amber color

About Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs View company

1 Tasting Note

So this morning I wanted something basic. Nothing fancy.

This tea delivers on that without being the same stuff you can get at a restaurant. :) It’s a good, medium bodied tea with just a hint of dryness. I get the feeling that it might turn bitter if oversteeped. Not sure I can tell the difference yet between Nilgiri teas and others in a blind taste test, but I do know that I tend to like Nilgiri teas. Just something a little different about them but not so over the top that I have to pay a lot of attention when drinking them.

I think this is a pretty reasonably priced tea and it seems to be of a decent quality. That said, I don’t usually keep plain old teas in my cupboard so this probably won’t be a reorder. However, it would be a good tea to keep around to gradually introduce Lipton-is-the-only-tea people to the wider world of tea. :)