Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is good. Much milder than other tiny rotovaned teas I've had. Of course, it could be that I just learned my lesson with the others and I steeped this for like a quarter of the recommended...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 428 tasting notes

From Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs

This Tanzanian tea leaf is coarsely grained. Zoom into the photo above to see the dark granules of broken orange pekoe grade tea leaf. This leaf brews a slightly red cup. It is strong, full and spicy. This tea works well with a bit of milk, cream and/or sugar.

Leaf: Broken orange pekoe grainy black leaf

Body: Full

Aroma and Taste: Spicy

Intensity: Strong

Color: Slight red

About Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs View company

1 Tasting Note

This is good. Much milder than other tiny rotovaned teas I’ve had. Of course, it could be that I just learned my lesson with the others and I steeped this for like a quarter of the recommended time.

Even at a minute and a half steeping time, this is decently strong and still full bodied. A nice, mild, basic tea. Nothing special but nothing bad, either. I’ll try it eventually with the recommended steep time and see what happens. :)