Yamashita's Gyokuro "Takumi"

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shinobi_cha

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I knew this would be good, but not _this_ good. After the first steep, I lifted the lid and the fragrant leaves make me take a step back. Had I a chair, I would have had to sit down. From what...” Read full tasting note
    Shinobi_cha 280 tasting notes

From Maiko

MaikoTea’s renowned tea expert Yamashita Toshikazu produces this ‘Takumi’ tea with great particularity and conscientiousness. The resulting flavor is a mellow but distinguished sweetness which many highly extol.
The thick leaves create an emerald colored beverage with a soft palate texture. The high quality tea maintains its good flavor even up to 4-5 servings.

See this tea (Steps 1-5) for more info:

About Maiko View company

1 Tasting Note

I knew this would be good, but not this good.

From what I can remember, this is as good as the award winning gyokuro from Den’s Tea; actually it is probably a bit better. Not the best tea I’ve had, but pretty darn close.

Even though it isn’t a lot of water (2oz for 8g leaf), the tiniest sips explode with flavor. It’s intense.

100 – what more can be said?