Edit tea info Last updated by jychiu07

From Make Mine a Builders

A good, strong, no-nonsense tea that was tested and given the ‘thumbs up’ by a panel of 300 builders.

About Make Mine a Builders View company

I’ve always taken a “so long as it’s hot and wet, I’ll drink it” approach to tea but, having been introduced to the Make Mine a Builder’s brand, it has become my brew of choice. The only thing I would say is that it isn’t poncey, china cup, finger in the air tea. This is big mug (ideally chipped), cold day, hotter the better tea.

donkeytiara

completely agreed!!

My friend gave me this to try and it totally hit the spot. I love it! Perfect when you are craving a good strong cup of awesome tea

Strong and black, but no bitter taste and clean tasting. It put hair on my chest! I think this is PG Tips older brother.

Saw Builder’s Tea mentioned in the movie, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. A few weeks later I saw this is in a small British import shop in Egg Harbor, WI, so I thought I’d try it. Very similar to PG Tips, but I think this might be a tad stronger.

ok, I’ll admit…..this is my brand however that aside, I think that anyone who likes strong tea will love this brew. Brews to full strength in 20 seconds and nice and refreshing so can be gulped mug after mug.

This is one of my staple basic teas, particularly at work. In comparison to my other British imports PG Tips, Yorkshire Gold, and Barry’s Irish Breakfast), I gravitate toward Builders. Builder’s tends to be smoother and less astringent, and is more lenient to accidental over-steeping than the others. Today I’m drinking it with vanilla simple syrup.

Working class tea that makes a strong brew. The box doesn’t lie! It isn’t quality, you won’t get a memorable aroma or taste from Builders, but when you “just want a cup of strong tea”, this is a reasonable, affordable option. Makes PG Tips and Tetley seem like they’re making a half-hearted effort. I can find it at my local World Market and on Amazon. When we run out of our favorite tea, we’re always happy we have a box of Builders around.

I love this tea. Tastes great with some milk and honey.

Recently I decided to test out a bunch of different standard black teas. Among the ones I tried, flavors ranged among sour, malty, fermented, bitter, metallic, just meh, and one that had absolutely no flavor at all. Builder’s rose above them all and came out as my hands down favorite. Clean, flavorful, as strong as you make it, and totally soothing. It’s been a tough week for me and this cuppa is exactly what I need right now.