Lapsang Souchang

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “Finally decided to rate it today, I like it. A lighter lapsang that has flavorful notes of smoke (duh), honey and also that sweetish/tangy barbeque type of flavor. Very clean and delicious! Would...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2539 tasting notes
  • “I woke up early this morning after working late last night. First of all, it's black tea and I needed the caffeine to kick me in the pants. So I steeped up some of this Lapsang from Mandala...” Read full tasting note
    AaronmWInter 37 tasting notes

From Mandala Tea

The distinct flavor of Lapsang is created by withering tea leaves over a pine or cypress fire which creates a bold smoky aroma. It has an assertive taste and is suitable for those looking for a unique cup of tea. We have tried many other varieties of Lapsang and were left thinking only of liquid smoke. When we found this tea we were pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable and subtle the smokiness is. The quality is evident.

Our premium Lapsang tea is organically grown!

About Mandala Tea View company

Finally decided to rate it today, I like it. A lighter lapsang that has flavorful notes of smoke (duh), honey and also that sweetish/tangy barbeque type of flavor. Very clean and delicious! Would definitely get this one again… see previous notes.

ScottTeaMan

LS fom Mandala, or Hu Kwa from Mark T’s??

TeaBrat

I still like the Hu Kwa better for now

ScottTeaMan

Mandala has some really nice teas…….gonna purchase something at some point this year.

TeaBrat

Do it!!!

ScottTeaMan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA….Seriously, that’s how I laughed! I will, I’m just trying to dwindle my stash a little. :))

I woke up early this morning after working late last night.

First of all, it’s black tea and I needed the caffeine to kick me in the pants. So I steeped up some of this Lapsang from Mandala for the first time this morning.

The description is accurate on Mandala’s website. By the smell of the leaves, I was expecting to drink liquid smoke, but two American style cups in, I can tell you that the smokiness is subtle. It does not overpower the flavor of the leaves, and its very satisfying on its own. I may have committed a cardinal sin, but I added stevia and fresh lemon juice to my second cup as an experiment. This tea can handle both very well. The lemon enhanced the flavor and brought a smile to my face.

Overall, another excellent tea from Mandala! I recommend this tea if you’re looking for something different in a black other than an Assam, Darjeeling, or Keemun.