Golden Turtle

Oolong Tea
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

From Mandala Tea

This lightly oxidized oolong comes to us from the Fujian province of China, an area where many of our favorite oolongs are grown, including Tie Guan Yin. This leaf was picked in the spring of 2009 and is of very high quality. Its flavor is smooth and sweet with an aroma sometimes reminiscent of famous Taiwanese grown oolongs. A rich, nutty aftertaste with no astringency sometimes present in Tie Guan Yin.

This oolong is sure to please lovers of Fujian produced oolongs. This is the best Huang Jin Gui we have sold to date!

Basic Brewing Instructions:

Oolong should be given a 10-15 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
195˚ F water temperature.
Use 1 teaspoon per 8oz. of filtered water
Recommended first steeping of30 seconds. Add 30 seconds for each subsequent infusion up to 3 minutes.
Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.
See Tea Brewing 101 for further instructions.
The Gongfu Cha Method is our prefered style of brewing oolong teas.

About Mandala Tea View company

Azzrian Thanks so much for a bit of this one!

GOLDEN is right! It infuses to a Golden Color – there isn’t a better word to describe it, really. It’s beautiful!

The aroma is a little floral and a little savory, even.

The flavor is wonderful, too! It’s a neat buttery-broth texture with a slightly floral/slightly vegetal taste paired with that broth-likeness!

I could easily drink this all day!

Garret

I am so happy that you enjoyed this tea! Whenever I am in Kunming, I have tea with the son of the man who grows this tea for us! It is great stuff!

ooooh, very nice mandala! simply complex.

very smooth, reminiscent of a tie guan in, or yellow…… i really don’t think i would have guessed it was anykind of oolong had it not been on the packaging. robust but in a light hearted kind of way.

on a completely separate note, i wanted to thank your group for your product excellence. i had lunch with my mum today. often we don’t get on, but life has been a bit tough on her lately and the place where we meet always has great food but ghastly tropical flavoured bagged green teas. i brought my bag of yellow buds with me and made her a pot at the table. she loved it! she was very surprised at the steep time, the colour, the taste. i know things are going to be difficult in her life for a while longer, so i sent her home with the tea and told her i’d get her more when she ran out.

your company really is a class act. and while my mother doesn’t know you at all, on behalf of us both i will thank you.

i find these days i bounce between paris (mariage and dammann) complexity and manadala’s understated simplicity. but that’s like calling a circle simple to someone whose only ever drawn straight lines. thank you for the introspectively quiet circle.

most sincerely, james.

Garret

James, thank you so much for not only taking time to write the reviews, but for the kind words about our humble endeavor here at Mandala Tea. I am honored to have earned such accolades from you. This makes my day. Truly.

Grateful,

JustJames

most welcome and well earned, garret.

1909 tasting notes

Thanks to Azzrian for this sample! I am always interested in new oolong varietals, especially unroasted ones from Fujian/Anxi.

The steeped tea smells floral and buttery but also with a good helping of vegetal. The flavor is nice, very buttery. Slightly buttered vegetables, if they were also steamed with flowers to impart a floral note. The florals are especially prominant in the aftertaste. Almost sweet but not quite. I am quite enjoying this one! It is a really great example of the kind of oolong that are my favorite. At least that is one category I seem to have gotten pretty figured out.

KittyLovesTea

I don’t remember trading or having any of this. It must have been from someone else. :)

Dinosara

You are indeed right. Too many swaps, all the stuff is mixed up! :)

Mmmm, good oolong. Thanks for giving me this one forever ago Dinosara! I have one cup left :)

Floral, nutty, creamy. . .my type of oolong!

oh man, when I said that to my self in my head, I thought of the recent toaster strudel commercials. Please do not read the above in the voice of the creepy little boy from those commercials! lol

Thanks for sharing this tea with me stephanie. i love it! :)

Stephanie