Ripe Pu'er Mini-Tuocha Variety Package

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by inguna

• “I've been drinking this for a long time and bought another package yet again. I love it because it allows me to brew tea with very little fuss, it lasts forever and there is variety. I would...” Read full tasting note
    inguna 336 tasting notes
  • “I was really looking forward to having some shu tonight and thought it would be fun to try the little pink tuochas in this package. Based on the paper wrapping, they should be Mandala's 2012 Lang...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 609 tasting notes

From Mandala Tea

A great way to sample our entire selection of ripe pu’er mini-tuochas! You will recieve a couple of each of our extensive variety allowing you to find your favorites, or introduce a friend to the world of pu’er tea.

About Mandala Tea View company

I’ve been drinking this for a long time and bought another package yet again. I love it because it allows me to brew tea with very little fuss, it lasts forever and there is variety.
I would highly recommend it.

matthewstaff

I just got this item from Mandala Tea and it is a lovely collection. The teas are distinctly different and I am hoping to find out which teas specifically are included so I can add a more comprehensive review. Very fun way to learn about Pu’er tea. Also it would seem that each mini brick can make from 6-8 cups of tea.

I was really looking forward to having some shu tonight and thought it would be fun to try the little pink tuochas in this package. Based on the paper wrapping, they should be Mandala’s 2012 Lang Cang rice scented ripe mini tuos. I steeped it up and yes, they have to be rice scented, because I got this very strong rice scent wafting from the liquid. It smells amazing, kinda like sweet rice that is a bit burnt. The flavor in the early steeps came on too strong for me and I got this sickly sweet rice flavor, with some floral notes. I looked it up and I guess it’s scented with an herb that smells like rice….interesting. After a few steeps, I started to like it more as the rice flavor melded better with the puerh. It even started to taste caramel-like. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but I’m glad to have tried it. Now I know!

Cheri

I’m looking forward to playing with these. I love the convenience, and when the mini tuochas are actually good it’s such a huge bonus!

Tealizzy

Totally! I found the rice scented ones were smelling up the package though, so I double-bagged them…just FYI. Looking forward to your reviews!

Cheri

I should pull those out then. Thanks for the warning!