Menghai Dayi Yellow Box Toucha 2009

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by feiniel

• “This was a sample Garret sent with an order that I had placed. At first I noticed that the taste was not as bold as the Noble Mark, it was more subdued. However, after seven steepings I came to a...” Read full tasting note
    swapilot 44 tasting notes
  • “Omgish loving this sample :) amazing aftertaste, creamy and makes me think of buttered green veggies (where the veggies are there to emphasize the butter, not the other way round). Quite different...” Read full tasting note
    feiniel 26 tasting notes

From Mandala Tea

This limited edition from Menghai Deyi may become a benchmark for medium to light fermentation pu’er tea. It may be young, but already the flavor pops right out of the pot. Smooth, creamy, full of flavor, I can hardly wait for 2-3 years to pass as this will age like a champ. Beautiful to gaze upon. Like heaven to taste. Two reasons why Deyi tea is so revered!

Comes in a nice yellow box, perfect for storing this toucha. (description from Mandala Tea)

About Mandala Tea View company

This was a sample Garret sent with an order that I had placed. At first I noticed that the taste was not as bold as the Noble Mark, it was more subdued. However, after seven steepings I came to a few conclusions. First, I love this pu’er. By the fourth steeping I was so deep into pu’er bliss I forgot about my beloved Noble Mark. Second, this pu’er has an amazing consistency. Over seven steepings it was incredibly consistent, it never grew stronger nor did it grow weaker. Third, with each steeping there was a very subtle change in taste, with each steeping the new taste was just as pleasing or actually better than the last. This pu’er will be included in my next order!!

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 30 sec 5 OZ / 147 ML

Omgish loving this sample :) amazing aftertaste, creamy and makes me think of buttered green veggies (where the veggies are there to emphasize the butter, not the other way round). Quite different from my other much loved puers!