Cloud and Mist

Green Tea
Grass, Floral, Honeysuckle, Vegetal, Asparagus
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

From Mandala Tea

Cloud and Mist translates from “Yun Wu” and is named for the misty mountain slopes upon which this beautiful and delicious tea grows. Our Cloud and Mist tea is grown within a nature reserve on Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) and is nourished by the cooling and misting climate there, yielding a leaf that is rich in vitamins and theanine!

The growers there take a step beyond growing organically by practicing the art of biodynamic farming – it’s like homeopathy for the land and the farmers have to be very tuned in to every little thing that is happening in their soil.

The dried leaf is green with twists and turns. The aroma of the dried leaf when placed into a warmed brewing vessel yields an aroma that is rich and buttery and when cooling turns sweet with hints of cinnamon! Flavor of the brewed cup is sweet and crisp, with a hint of nutty and fruity notes. A wonderful and classic green tea!

The photo of the mountain is where this tea is grown. We were there in April of 2012. Look closely and you will see many tea bushes.

About Mandala Tea View company

I used 2.5 heaped teaspoons for (approx.) 14 ounces of water, let it steep for a minute. I had to stay and watch the leaves dance around. BRIGHT bright green leaves. So pretty. It brewed up a very pale shade of greenish gold. Almost colorless. My taste in green tea has become very selective lately, for reasons unknown to me…but at first sip I immediately loved this. Oh MY. It’s very delicately sweet with a taste that makes me think of clear springs and morning dew. Slightly buttery, yes! Very slightly. Not grassy at all, but softly vegetal. I’m getting notes of honeysuckle. Not the taste, but the texture calls to mind the soft insides of flower petals. As it cools I catch that “hint of cinnamon” spiciness, but it’s very quiet and subdued. Demure. A very gentle and well-balanced tea, I think. The name suits it well. I love it more and more with each steep.
Holy crap. I need more of this now.

Stephanie

Sounds delish

Whee, first rating for this one! I used about 1.5 heaped tsp leaf for ~8 oz water that was left to cool 3 minutes after boiling.

Liquor brewed up very clear & almost colorless, with a strong aroma of cooked vegetables, more green & less buttery than that of comparable teas I’ve had. It was very drinkable, with little astringency and a rather juicy mouthfeel. Didn’t really wow me, but maybe further infusions will reveal something more interesting.

4g / 200ml glaspot
Single infusion 2m @ 80C

Very mild vegal taste. Light taste with a long aftertaste. Kinda fresh.
Will try more leaf if possible.

Crisp, bright, light tasting

To me this just tastes grassy :/
Pretty disappointed to be honest, but glad I didn’t waste my money on it. Really glad I got to try it at least. Thank you soo much AllanK!!

Flavors: Grass

Thank you for the swap sample kieblera5!

This is a very nice green tea. Super sweet, and not at all astringent. Buttered veggie flavors. I always forget how much I enjoy greens when I go long stretches without drinking them regularly. Happy Spring Equinox everyone! :)

This is an excellent tea. I agree, at least in theory, with the reviewer that found notes of honeysuckle. It is fairly floral and slightly vegetal in nature. It is quite good. The fact that it is considered high in theanine caught my eye. Teas with high theanine are supposed to be relaxing. We shall see. Regardless it is good.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 1 min.

Flavors: Floral, Honeysuckle, Vegetal

Very relaxing green tea. Its very light and high quality. An everyday type of green tea.

from the (Mostly) Unflavored TTB

I wanted this tea to be great, but it’s only good. It might be because I probably underleafed due to the fact that there’s not much left and I didn’t want to be too greedy.

It’s fresh and kind of sweet. Refreshing. Beautiful aftertaste.

Work is lousy. I want to go home. I want people to stop freaking out.

MzPriss

Cheri – BE GREEDY! If there is something you want to try – please take enough to properly try it. It’s an ever-evolving thing and something else yummy will replace it.

Cheri

Okie Dokie. You may regret this. ;-)

MzPriss

Nah – I would regret you drinking underleafed tea. Have FUN with it :)

Cheri

well, it’s too late now, but I’ll keep that in mind with the other teas. (Although I’m now drinking another one that is also underleafed, but I took the end of the tea…..)

2029 tasting notes

MzPriss’ Unflavored Tea Box – Tea #26

These leaves are long, twisty and a dusty green. I could swear in the first sips of this one, it’s very nutty! Then quickly turns to peach, but then I swear the peach disappears… maybe that is where the “cloud” and “mist” comes from… the interchanging ever shifting flavors. The second steep seems to combine the nuttiness and peachiness and remains throughout the cup the entire time, but on a very light level. As it cools, the flavor kind of turns weird, but this is another case where the leaves sat overnight, so I’ll keep the rating to the first cup. Very different but very delicious! Nutty & peachy! I wish I had some more teas like this, but then I think of combining teas that are nutty and peachy.
Steep #1 // 28 min after boiling // 2 min