"Dian Hong" Black Tea of Fengqing

Edit tea info Last updated by graceatblb

1 Tasting Note View all

• “thank you *gracebtlb* She sent this my way in an awesome card full of puppies! I figured i might as well drink it think morning rather than adding it to my cupboard :) This is an interesting tea...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4644 tasting notes

From Mandala Tea

First produced in 1938 in one of the most pristine growing areas, Dian Hong literally means “Yunnan Red”. An everyday drinker, our Dian Hong is pretty versatile, having enough power to stand up to milk and/or sugar and yet delicious all on its own. Full bodied brewed strong or over multiple infusions, the reddish-brown tea liquor sits smoothly on the tongue with just a hint of maltiness and fruitiness.

Good for one long steep of 4 to 5 minutes, this tea lends itself well to the brewing of chai (spiced tea). We encourage the drinker to try 1 tsp of leaf in 8 ounces and beginning with infusions of 30 seconds and increasing from there. We usually get 4 to 5 great brews from this leaf with 208 degree water.

Even though this is a lower-priced tea than some of our others, do not fear… the tea is cleanly grown without pesticides in a growing environment that this writer was very impressed by when he visited in sping of 2012 – clean air, lush mountainsides and lovely people!

About Mandala Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

thank you gracebtlb She sent this my way in an awesome card full of puppies! I figured i might as well drink it think morning rather than adding it to my cupboard :) This is an interesting tea for me. I rather think i’ll ask Garrett for another sample of this the next order i place so that i can have some more. It’s not an overly fruity or malty tea, but there’s enough going on of both that it blends well together for a rather tasty cup! Thanks again grace!