Green Gold

Green Tea
Butter, Vegetal, Creamy, Sweet, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

From Mandala Tea

We first tasted this tea while visiting Wang’s tea farm near Huangshan, China. The growing conditions are pristine, the brewed cup is full of excellent green tea character, and the growers are generous hosts continuing generations of perfection.

We enjoy this highly fragrant leaf for its subtle buttery sweetness and lack of any bitter, astringent flavors. The tea liquor is brilliant and golden when viewed in a large vessel, or amber in a shallow sipper. Expert picking of Green Gold gives the drinker gorgeous leaf blades to behold without the marks of oxidation or mishandling.

About Mandala Tea View company

Over the past month or so I have been slowly working my way through the few ounces of this wonderful tea, enjoying the bright, mellow, impressive flavor and aroma. There are slight nutty hints like a good dragonwell tea, but more herbaceous notes that linger as an aftertaste. A nice buttery quality with no astringency or bitter aftertaste.

I first began brewing this in a small gaiwan, yielding at least 4 good short steepings, but also tried it in a tea thermos, adding 175F water over the leaves several times. Both methods worked well and there always seems to be flavor left in the leaves. Another very interesting and impressive tea from Mandala Tea!

Sounds lovely!

Meeting these growers was a real joy – one of the greatest parts about my last tea buying trip. We had to drive an hour out of the village I was staying in, park and then walk an hour up the side of the mountain to get to the Wang’s garden. This was the tea they treated me to when I got to their home. Magical memories everytime I sip this tea. So very happy you are digging this, my brother! Thanks for the write up, too!!

This was a very yummy Chinese green taste was buttery smooth with some vegetal in the background but not overpowering at all!

Flavors: Butter, Vegetal

This is a delicious green.. The leaves remind me of Clouds and Mist. The tea brews up to a soft yellow/green (or Green Gold? heh). The taste of the tea is sweet, buttery, slightly vegetal… and amazing :) This is definitely one to restock!

Flavors: Butter, Creamy, Sweet, Vegetal

The farm where this is grown is absolutely gorgeous! It was such a treat to hike up the mountain alongside a stream in order to get there. Once I arrived, I was invited into the Wang’s home where they made this tea, having just been processed the day before. Now when I drink it, I am transported back to the lovely day, the smell of the forest, the food, the tea. I’m so happy you are enjoying it.
With gratitude,

Had this tea early this morning. I only got two infusions on this but I think it would have been good for quite a few more. Garret writes 3-4 on the pkg. It was light , vegetal, buttery, sweet. I tried to think what type of tea does it remind me of? Mao Jian? Dragonwell? Bi Luo Chun? Mountain Indonesian green? I think the last one: Mountain Indonesian green. It was an enjoyable cup.

Flavors: Butter, Sweet, Vegetal

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The leaves are twisted and sort of snail like , rolled into sort of speaks. With emerald green leaves with some golden streaks through out. Steeped it up according to the package directions. 1.5tsp 8oz water 175F for 1-2minutes, and got 4 steeps out of it.

This smells buttery and sweet. The tea is a bit buttery and nutty and a bit vegetal like edamame. A nice green, one that I’ll enjoy drinking down.

Flavors: Butter, Nutty, Vegetal

Interesting…..I’m really just beginning to discover my tea preferences and have not been a fan of green teas. I’ve had Green Gold in my cupboard for a bit and have been drinking it grandpa style just for the convenience factor. Today all of a sudden I’ve discovered that I am truly enjoying this tea and have developed a taste for and an appreciation of green tea. Uh-oh……means more tea I need to keep on hand.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 3 g