Thé de Lune

Black Fruit Blend
Berries, Flowers, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

From Mariage Frères

When evening falls over Shanghai, the halo of the moon polishes giant skyscrapers and beads river waters with drops of gold and jade. A black tea with handsome, finely work leaves is blended with a grand bouquet of fruity, flowery, vanilla flavours that honour an ultramodern, newly cosmopolitan city. Similarly, the cup has contrasting overtones-simultaneously mild and perfumed, smooth and very slightly peppery.

Quand le soir tombe sur Shanghai, le halo de la lune ombre les gratte-ciel géants et perle l’eau des rivières de gouttes or et jais.

Un thé noir aux belles feuilles finement travaillées combiné à un grand bouquet fruité (baies rouges et noires, agrumes), fleuri (bleuet, mauve) et vanillé figure l’ultramodernité d’une ville à la destinée cosmopolite et donne à la tasse des tonalités à la fois douces et parfumées, suaves et un rien poivrées.

Après cette lune, les contes ne seront plus jamais pareils.

About Mariage Frères View company

This tea is….(drumroll)… Eros 2.0. Well, a slightly modified version of Eros. In fact, I brewed a cuppa Eros just to try them side by side, because I thought I had brewed the wrong tea!

OK well with a direct comparison, there are some differences. All the floral notes are still there, drinking this tea is still like walking through the gardens of Château de Chenonceau. HOWEVER, the hibiscus is gone, and with it all the tartness and sour notes of Eros. Comparing the two, this tea tastes a little bit sweeter and the tart is replaced by a slight hint of spice – picking through the leaves it looks to me like they replaced the hibiscus with french marjoram blossoms, but for all I know it could be sweet rocket, purple marigold, or some herb/flower I don’t recognize.

This also has a slightly smoother, creamier mouth-feel than Eros. Once again, probably attributed to the removal of hibiscus which has a pretty low pH.

Eros is a nice solid foofoo girly tea, and so is this. I loved visiting Château de Chenonceau but it wasn’t the gardens I loved the most, it was the display cases filled with swords and antique guns. ;-) I guess that being a pretty manly guy will get in the way of giving this a great score, but it will make great tea for my mom or female guests. If you love “flowery” flowers (think French garden, perfumes, etc.) in your tea, give this +10-20 points, depending how much you love flower gardens. If you are a woman, give this another +10-20 points, depending on how feminine you are. Voila, your personalized score. :-)

It is at the very top of my “Standard cuppa” rating though, since it still is tasty. I mean, if I ever break a nail while welding a metal statue of guns that fire bacon, this tea would fit perfectly and will be wonderful for guests. Would I recommend it? YES to certain audiences.

I realize this review may sound a bit sexist LOL. I guess after having 700ml of flowery foofoo tea, I guess I feel like I had to overcompensate in manliness to restore the balance in my evening. Excuse me, I now have to go smoke a cigar and cook some steaks over a campfire. Mmm puts me in the mood for a lapsang souchong LOL.

Flavors: Flowers, Peppercorn

Hahaha love it!

So glad I’m following you….this sounds like a winner to me!

So I guess my rating would be 80 for this tea. lol (Although I enjoy antique swords too but not as much as flowers)

;) Yes ubacat, if I were to make a youtube video review of this or Eros, I’d set it to Mumford & Sons “Flowers in your hair” but change all the lyrics around and re-title it “Flowers in your tea”

le thé que je prends trés peu et pourtant je l’aime beaucoup délicieux j’adore et je n’arrive a dire pourquoi !!!!!

Thé de Lune is such a nice tea that I can drink it all the time without feeling bored… The aroma is just wonderfull!