Caramel, Chocolate, Creamy, Berries, Flowers, Jam, Strawberry, Vanilla, Smooth, Sweet, Tart, Fruity, Malt, Raspberry
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

From Mariage Frères

Mariage Frères’ most famous secret is this mysterious blend that takes you to distant lands and strange countries. The aroma of Chinese and Tibetan flowers and fruit lend it a uniquely velvety taste. Its extraordinary bouquet makes Marco Polo the most legendary of flavoured teas.

Succès incontesté de la Maison Mariage Frères, ce mélange secret vous fera voyager dans les plus lointaines et mystérieuses contrées. Les senteurs de fleurs et de fruits de Chine et du Tibet lui confèrent un arôme velouté unique. Un bouquet extraordinaire pour le plus mythique des thés parfumés.

About Mariage Frères View company

So delicious. Exotic and flowery. I like it with two cubes of sugar and a splash of almondmilk.

Please keep things friendly and .

A smooth bodied fruit tea, that smells deliciously and tastes even better.

Please keep things friendly and .

I have the muslin tea sachets. This is a very floral-fruity tea…it would make a nice body fragrance/eau de toilette for the Spring/Summer months.

Aroma: Very floral-fruity with a slightness of tea aroma mingled nicely.

Taste: Again, very floral-fruity clean tea palate. This is a clear, clean tasting tea; I would imagine from Sri Lanka or the lighter of Indian teas. There is no mouth feel to speak of or thickness. The floral-fruity [not able to say which fruits or flowers] notes are the most prominent and the tea is a clean, clear compliment to the floral-fruity characteristics with a slight sweetness. A very nice, delicious tea.

Aftertaste: A clean, clear finish. No drying of the tongue, or thick mouth feel. Marco Polo finishes off clean, clear, floral and fruity with a little lingering sweetness but not overly done.

I would recommend this tea for an after dinner treat over fattening desserts…it is that delicious and sweet, but not cloyingly so. I would highly recommend this tea…a must buy!

Boiling 8 min or more

Please keep things friendly and .

The most popular flavored blend of Mariage Frères. Has fine bouquet of Chinese and Tibetan flowers & fruits.

Please keep things friendly and .

When you can’t quite make it to Paris.

Please keep things friendly and .

Fruitier than L’Opera, yet richer and heavier, so better for a kick. It can be overbearing, but this is one of my go to teas. Works well with honey. In fact, I wouldn’t have it without.

Please keep things friendly and .

This is one of the BEST TEAS ever!!! Many thank to beelicious for the sample!

My sense of smell is practically non existent in the morning, and pretty weak in the evening, but it’s better in the afternoon. Still not great (I mean, I know cucumbers have a scent, but I can’t smell them even in the afternoon) but I can get strong scents. I wanted to try a new tea this afternoon, and I went through the lovely samples I have in the tea drawer. I decided on this one.

Boy, am I glad I did! When I lifted the cup to sip I smelled something! Not precisely sure what, but maybe chocolate? CarameL? I sipped and this tea was luscious. Smooth, silky, almost sweet. Rich and mellow. A really great cup!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Creamy

Please keep things friendly and .

liquid rasberry with vanilla and cream on top. oh, no wait, there is jam, and chocolate and caramel as well…

Stellar!

Flavors: Berries, Caramel, Chocolate, Flowers, Jam, Strawberry, Vanilla

Please keep things friendly and .

I don’t really have any teas in sip down range so I’m visiting an old favorite tonight.
This is just a really nice fruity black. Some say finicky – that might be true, but it always seems to work for me if I do 95C for 2.5 minutes. About 2tsp in my Davids perfect mug…
There is just something about the gentleness of the French teas….

Indigobloom

This one is amazing. A friend of mine always makes it with a small teaspoon of strawberry jam. I’ve been meaning to try it out myself one day!

Please keep things friendly and .

I was super excited that Cameron B. gave me the opportunity to try this. I have wanted to try Mariage Frères for a long time since it seems like such a popular company.
Today was actually the best day I’ve had physically this entire year, so I got to try a bunch of black teas that have been waiting for me to try! Figured it was about time I tried this one!
So, if the black tea base was not so strong I probably would have liked this a lot more. But for the most part, when I drink a flavored tea I don’t really wanna taste the base of the tea, unless it really complements the flavors well. Which kinda feels rare in my book. :( I feel like black teas must just be hard to flavor because they tend to overrule the other flavors.
I really like the strawberry and creamy notes in this tea. The black tea base kinda ruined it for me. It really overpowered the cup, so that was a bummer. If they had made the flavors a bit more strong this tea would be perfect!
Least in my book. But clearly this one isn’t for me.
Thanks for the sample, Cameron B.!

Flavors: Creamy, Smooth, Strawberry