Fruity, Malt, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vanilla, Flowers, Caramel, Berries, Jam
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

• “Yesterday's sprinkles gave way to real rain. You can just feel the tired old earth around me go "ahhhhhh." I woke up craving this. I must have needed an "ahhhh" too. This is lovely and fruity...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1768 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! I loved this when I first got it, but I did find it to be finicky - finicky, but worth it. As long as I keep the temp around 203F and the time around three minutes this is great. Hubby...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes
  • “It's been forever since I've had this tea. But not because I don't love it. It's actually the opposite - I adore this tea so much that I haven't been able to force myself to open the new tin of...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Had a small cup of this before tucking the rest ofth is away For cavocorax :) while I enjoy this one, it's not my favourite of the MF teas that I've had the pleasure of trying.” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5370 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

Mariage Frères’ most famous secret is this mysterious blend that takes you to distant lands and strange countries. The aroma of Chinese and Tibetan flowers and fruit lend it a uniquely velvety taste. Its extraordinary bouquet makes Marco Polo the most legendary of flavoured teas.

Succès incontesté de la Maison Mariage Frères, ce mélange secret vous fera voyager dans les plus lointaines et mystérieuses contrées. Les senteurs de fleurs et de fruits de Chine et du Tibet lui confèrent un arôme velouté unique. Un bouquet extraordinaire pour le plus mythique des thés parfumés.

About Mariage Frères View company

So delicious. Exotic and flowery. I like it with two cubes of sugar and a splash of almondmilk.

A smooth bodied fruit tea, that smells deliciously and tastes even better.

I have the muslin tea sachets. This is a very floral-fruity tea…it would make a nice body fragrance/eau de toilette for the Spring/Summer months.

Aroma: Very floral-fruity with a slightness of tea aroma mingled nicely.

Taste: Again, very floral-fruity clean tea palate. This is a clear, clean tasting tea; I would imagine from Sri Lanka or the lighter of Indian teas. There is no mouth feel to speak of or thickness. The floral-fruity [not able to say which fruits or flowers] notes are the most prominent and the tea is a clean, clear compliment to the floral-fruity characteristics with a slight sweetness. A very nice, delicious tea.

Aftertaste: A clean, clear finish. No drying of the tongue, or thick mouth feel. Marco Polo finishes off clean, clear, floral and fruity with a little lingering sweetness but not overly done.

I would recommend this tea for an after dinner treat over fattening desserts…it is that delicious and sweet, but not cloyingly so. I would highly recommend this tea…a must buy!

Boiling 8 min or more

The most popular flavored blend of Mariage Frères. Has fine bouquet of Chinese and Tibetan flowers & fruits.

When you can’t quite make it to Paris.

Fruitier than L’Opera, yet richer and heavier, so better for a kick. It can be overbearing, but this is one of my go to teas. Works well with honey. In fact, I wouldn’t have it without.

A fruity layer over a powerful black tea. It’s not my thing (I’m not a fruit tea person), but my husband loves it.

Flavors: Fruity

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

Next in line! This sample came from boychik and, originally, CharlotteZero (whom I wish would come back so I could thank her!). I’m unsure how this one got missed, as I’m usually rather eager to try French tea samples. I guess it must have gotten lost at the bottom of the sample box! The leaves are very small and dark. I can’t smell much, perhaps a hint of fruit.

I can immediately smell that this tea is French – it has that powdered sugar aroma. I can also smell red fruits and some sweetness. Hm, this is actually quite good, especially for being rather old. There are definitely red fruits here, mostly heavily strawberry and raspberry. It got a teeny bit bitter, but I did steep it for 4 minutes, and the leaves looked quite broken. I can taste a hint of vanilla, but I wish there was more. Pretty tasty, I would like to try a fresh sample of this one. :) Withholding rating because I suspect flavor loss here.

Flavors: Fruity, Malt, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vanilla

boychik

You really should try Celebration H&S . Like French tea without artificial aftertaste. I think Im going to order some tonight. They have BOGO sale.

Cameron B.

Yeah, I’m curious about that one. I might have to order a tin if they do a free shipping day without minimums. :)

Thank you so much EvaGrimm for sharing this. It had been on my wishlist and I don’t even remember why. I added a little milk and it tasted like my favorite birthday dessert, strawberry shortcake.

Finished this one off! I like this one. It’s delicious. It has a nice berry, jammy thing going on. It’s fruity and has a nice base :)