Berries, Flowers, Jam
Edit tea info Last updated by pedrolipp

• “Yesterday's sprinkles gave way to real rain. You can just feel the tired old earth around me go "ahhhhhh." I woke up craving this. I must have needed an "ahhhh" too. This is lovely and fruity...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1626 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! I loved this when I first got it, but I did find it to be finicky - finicky, but worth it. As long as I keep the temp around 203F and the time around three minutes this is great. Hubby...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “It's been forever since I've had this tea. But not because I don't love it. It's actually the opposite - I adore this tea so much that I haven't been able to force myself to open the new tin of...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Had a small cup of this before tucking the rest ofth is away For cavocorax :) while I enjoy this one, it's not my favourite of the MF teas that I've had the pleasure of trying.” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

Mariage Frères’ most famous secret is this mysterious blend that takes you to distant lands and strange countries. The aroma of Chinese and Tibetan flowers and fruit lend it a uniquely velvety taste. Its extraordinary bouquet makes Marco Polo the most legendary of flavoured teas.

Succès incontesté de la Maison Mariage Frères, ce mélange secret vous fera voyager dans les plus lointaines et mystérieuses contrées. Les senteurs de fleurs et de fruits de Chine et du Tibet lui confèrent un arôme velouté unique. Un bouquet extraordinaire pour le plus mythique des thés parfumés.

About Mariage Frères View company

So delicious. Exotic and flowery. I like it with two cubes of sugar and a splash of almondmilk.

A smooth bodied fruit tea, that smells deliciously and tastes even better.

I have the muslin tea sachets. This is a very floral-fruity tea…it would make a nice body fragrance/eau de toilette for the Spring/Summer months.

Aroma: Very floral-fruity with a slightness of tea aroma mingled nicely.

Taste: Again, very floral-fruity clean tea palate. This is a clear, clean tasting tea; I would imagine from Sri Lanka or the lighter of Indian teas. There is no mouth feel to speak of or thickness. The floral-fruity [not able to say which fruits or flowers] notes are the most prominent and the tea is a clean, clear compliment to the floral-fruity characteristics with a slight sweetness. A very nice, delicious tea.

Aftertaste: A clean, clear finish. No drying of the tongue, or thick mouth feel. Marco Polo finishes off clean, clear, floral and fruity with a little lingering sweetness but not overly done.

I would recommend this tea for an after dinner treat over fattening desserts…it is that delicious and sweet, but not cloyingly so. I would highly recommend this tea…a must buy!

Boiling 8 min or more

The most popular flavored blend of Mariage Frères. Has fine bouquet of Chinese and Tibetan flowers & fruits.

When you can’t quite make it to Paris.

Fruitier than L’Opera, yet richer and heavier, so better for a kick. It can be overbearing, but this is one of my go to teas. Works well with honey. In fact, I wouldn’t have it without.

I have not been feeling well the past few days. I have a cold, but the symptoms seem to be pretty mild compared to usual, and I always feel pretty good in the morning, so I’ve still been going to work everyday, but in the evening I always have a nasty headache. Right now is probably the worst it’s been.

Because I haven’t been feeling well, I have been off my diet, so I’ve been drinking a lot of black tea with my usual milk and sugar/honey/agave. I’ve been trying to get to all my samples from my recent swaps (about 8 of them last month). This was sent to me by kittylovestea! I was waiting to try this til I was off my diet because I didn’t have much to play with and wanted to try it with the good stuff in it, not with sweetener.

I wasn’t thrilled by it. It was a tasty tea, but not anything special. I used the whole sample I had for this one cup so I can’t retry it. If I saw this in Canada for a decent price I would probably buy it to give it another try.

This one came in the surprise package from Dexter3657.

The flavours and base are great together, which comes as no surprise, with any French tea. They do know their tea mixes. The overall taste is reminiscent of another tea I’ve had, but I can’t remember which one. I do prefer the fruit flavours here to the “red fruits” I see in so many French teas, and this is a tasty cup, but I don’t think this one needs to be in my cupboard.

Thanks Dexter!

I’ve begun my Butiki cart now, though I have to wait for Hello Sweetie and the new Lemon tea to be back in stock, hopefully this week. I need to get some sipdowns done stat because I have two other small orders on the way now too.

Kat_Maria

Are they seriously supposed to be back in stock this week? Maaaan, I really hope it’s after I get my paycheck Thursday night :D :D

Courtney

I checked this morning and the website said April 8th :) I’m hoping, although if it was later it would be much better for my wallet. :P

Courtney

I just checked again and the Lemon French is available now. Maybe I was mistaken this morning and it was available all along. Hello Sweetie currently says April 8th.

Kat_Maria

Oh-oh! Thanks for the heads-up! Although I swear I don’t need more tea…

Saturday Sample Sipdown #2!

Today’s a day to get things done – the sun is shining, the laundry’s in the wash, there’s a fresh breeze blowing, and my mother is baking bread for Easter. What better tea to drink and take a pause to reflect on things amidst all the hubbub?

This tea smells like strawberry jam. There’s no better way to put it. Unfortunately, the strawberry taste recedes a bit when the tea cools. However, I can taste it slightly on the back of my tongue after I sip. Ahh. I’ve learned that shorter steep times work much better for French blends – hopefully I can apply the lesson to my Nina’s teas.

Many thanks to Indigobloom for giving me a sample of this to try!

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

Sounds so pleasant! I washed all the throw rugs today and it was such a good feeling to hang them out on the line. You win, though, with the fresh bread; I just sent hubby to Food 4 Less for sweet rolls :)

Christina

Hehe, it’s my mother who bakes it, not me. I really should learn the recipe though. It’s an egg bread rolled up into several layers, and crumbled feta cheese is sprinkled around between each layer. The whole thing is then baked and topped with a sprinkling of sesame and poppy seeds.

gmathis

Yum! Weather looks pretty promising today, too…your review is teasing me to try Marco Polo iced this afternoon.

I bought this tea on my mini-moon in NYC and the matching Sablés au Thé on the actual honeymoon à Paris. I’ve been meaning to sit down and enjoy these two together for a while now. I finally decided enough is enough; no more waiting! Today is the day to try them.

The tea is strawberry, rhubarb, vanilla, cream, and flowers. The tea biscuits are butter, vanilla, and that something extra special from the Marco Polo tea infusion. They taste a lot like Scottish shortbread, except better! Way better. Much more flavorful. Leave it to the French to make delicious tea and cookies.

Why did I wait so long to enjoy you, oh glorious tea? This is exactly what I needed after an extremely stressful day. Sometimes I wonder why I’m alive. At least I have tea. Perhaps I can find refuge in several more cups.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
keychange

I’m sorry the day was so rough and led you to wonder why you’re here. For what it’s worth, I enjoy reading your reviews and am glad that your tea helped ground you today.

TeaBrat

sometimes tea is the thing keeping me sane as well…. :)