Smooth, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla, Fruity, Malt, Raspberry, Flowers, Caramel, Berries, Jam
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

• “Yesterday's sprinkles gave way to real rain. You can just feel the tired old earth around me go "ahhhhhh." I woke up craving this. I must have needed an "ahhhh" too. This is lovely and fruity...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1787 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! I loved this when I first got it, but I did find it to be finicky - finicky, but worth it. As long as I keep the temp around 203F and the time around three minutes this is great. Hubby...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1893 tasting notes
  • “It's been forever since I've had this tea. But not because I don't love it. It's actually the opposite - I adore this tea so much that I haven't been able to force myself to open the new tin of...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Had a small cup of this before tucking the rest ofth is away For cavocorax :) while I enjoy this one, it's not my favourite of the MF teas that I've had the pleasure of trying.” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5592 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

Mariage Frères’ most famous secret is this mysterious blend that takes you to distant lands and strange countries. The aroma of Chinese and Tibetan flowers and fruit lend it a uniquely velvety taste. Its extraordinary bouquet makes Marco Polo the most legendary of flavoured teas.

Succès incontesté de la Maison Mariage Frères, ce mélange secret vous fera voyager dans les plus lointaines et mystérieuses contrées. Les senteurs de fleurs et de fruits de Chine et du Tibet lui confèrent un arôme velouté unique. Un bouquet extraordinaire pour le plus mythique des thés parfumés.

About Mariage Frères View company

Thank you so much EvaGrimm for sharing this. It had been on my wishlist and I don’t even remember why. I added a little milk and it tasted like my favorite birthday dessert, strawberry shortcake.

Finished this one off! I like this one. It’s delicious. It has a nice berry, jammy thing going on. It’s fruity and has a nice base :)

I love this tea in the summer as it makes a great iced-tea! Let a few teaspoons brew in a jug of boiled water, remove the tea after a few minutes, let it cool in the fridge and have it like that or with a few summer berries.

This sample comes to me from EvaGrimm Thank you!

I have been quite on here for a bit. I have been drinking tea, but it has been a bit more limited than normal. The heat has me running from the hot drink, and I haven’t found myself making too much ice tea, or finding the worlds to write about the ones I have been drinking.

Ever since falling in love with a few french teas, this has been on my wish list since it is something that can be purchased here in the U.S and seems to be fairly popular. The smell of this is wonderful, but the taste for me was way different than I was expecting. I was expecting a candy strawberry flavor, but instead I got a floral fake berry taste. It was okay, but not great. I think I will try this one again with sugar, and also maybe iced. I really want to love this one, but I think my first impression is not love at first sight.

mj

Where did you buy it?

TeaTiff

I received some of this in a swap from EvaGrimm. I have seen it at Dean and Deluca’s online though.

mj

Um, yes, I do see that you got in a swap now. It was only right in front of my face! Sorry, totally on the struggle bus today. But you are right that they do sell it at Dean and Deluca’s. Interesting….

TeaTiff

Haha! The struggle bus! I haven’t heard that one before. That comment cracked me up.

The expectations that go with the name of this blend as well as the rather attractive packing leaves one utterly disappointed when it comes to the tea itself.

As soon one opens the tin an almost overwhelming smell of artificial flavors do penetrate the nose. Vanilla and Strawberry…not sure where to find the connection of those ‘fruity notes’ with China or Tibet.

After infusing the tea leafs the water colors nicely. But by now the whole room is filled with a scent that comes closer to American cotton candy or Jelly Beans then the Himalaya.
After drinking the first cup of well infused tea comes the conclusion that the taste of the actual tea leaf is very weak. The brew does taste thin. The aftertaste disappears far too quickly.
The awakening effect is surprisingly weak considering the cut size of the leafs.

This tea blend could however turn out to be interesting if tamed down with a adding of Assam leafs or a rough sort of Pu-Erh.

I absolutely LOVE Marco Polo. It’s a strong flavoured black tea, with notes of flowers and red fruits. It is promising olfactorily and does not disappoint gustatorily. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Flavors: Flowers

From “Another traveling tea box” – this is nice! I got two good steeps out of it. I don’t know if I’ll keep it or just let the sample be it. But it’s definitely a nice tea.

I haven’t trusted myself to write a decent tasting note lately, and it’s mainly because my head has been really scattered. See here:

1. I got this tea back in September when a friend got it for me from London. Little did I know that this is one of the mf teas you can get pretty much everywhere. Oh well.
2. It smells great dry, like an assortment of fruit, with emphasis on the sweeter fruits, but not distinctly strawberry.
3. Brewed for five minutes. added milk and cream.
4. Tastes exactly like a strawberry campino candy, with a hefty black base that seems to be heftier than what I would think is normal for mf but maybe i’m under-estimating them. It’s different enough from Ruby pie that I can happily say I have two favourite strawberry teas. When I sniffed this tea after it had been brewed, I smelled that signature sort of metallic smell I sometimes get from french teas, and my heart sank the slightest bit. But that smell wasn’t present in the sip and it was all creamy campino and who can complain about that?

Dinosara

Hey, someone else that gets the metallic note! I have always felt that my taste buds are crazy because almost no one else tastes (or smells) it. What other teas have you tasted/smelled it on?

keychange

Oh, you get that metallic note too? How odd. Well, I’ve mostly found it in French teas (ninas paris comes to mind, actually, and maybe some df teas as well). How about you? perhaps we can help one another avoid that metallic taste!

Dinosara

I’ve actually only gotten it in MF teas, but not all of them. They have a nut one called Trois Noix that I first noticed it in. I’ve never tasted it in a DF tea but I’m not sure about Nina’s. I can’t fathom what causes it!

keychange

That’s funny that we’ve both found it in French teas though.

This is a very sweet, very fruity, very yummy tea. It’s a tea for people who don’t drink tea. My boyfriend, who prefers overbrewed Lipton tea to high quality loose leaf varieties, likes this one a lot. He asks for it with some milk and sugar… I personally think it’s quite yummy but I can’t drink it everyday. It definitely fills its niche very well though! Lovely sweet strawberry scent and taste.

1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I have not been feeling well the past few days. I have a cold, but the symptoms seem to be pretty mild compared to usual, and I always feel pretty good in the morning, so I’ve still been going to work everyday, but in the evening I always have a nasty headache. Right now is probably the worst it’s been.

Because I haven’t been feeling well, I have been off my diet, so I’ve been drinking a lot of black tea with my usual milk and sugar/honey/agave. I’ve been trying to get to all my samples from my recent swaps (about 8 of them last month). This was sent to me by kittylovestea! I was waiting to try this til I was off my diet because I didn’t have much to play with and wanted to try it with the good stuff in it, not with sweetener.

I wasn’t thrilled by it. It was a tasty tea, but not anything special. I used the whole sample I had for this one cup so I can’t retry it. If I saw this in Canada for a decent price I would probably buy it to give it another try.