Fruity, Strawberry, Sweet, Red Fruits, Vanilla, Smooth, Caramel, Chocolate, Creamy, Berries, Flowers, Jam, Tart, Malt, Raspberry
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

From Mariage Frères

Mariage Frères’ most famous secret is this mysterious blend that takes you to distant lands and strange countries. The aroma of Chinese and Tibetan flowers and fruit lend it a uniquely velvety taste. Its extraordinary bouquet makes Marco Polo the most legendary of flavoured teas.

Succès incontesté de la Maison Mariage Frères, ce mélange secret vous fera voyager dans les plus lointaines et mystérieuses contrées. Les senteurs de fleurs et de fruits de Chine et du Tibet lui confèrent un arôme velouté unique. Un bouquet extraordinaire pour le plus mythique des thés parfumés.

About Mariage Frères View company

Another sample from Cameron B. This one reminds me a lot of MF’s Macaron, which is a favorite of mine. It’s sweet and bursting with berry flavor, with a hint of what I think is apple in the background—not authentic apple, though; more like a really good green apple-flavored hard candy (specifically, like these tiny Italian candies they used to sell at Trader Joe’s). This one I probably will stock up on at some point.

This is one of the BEST TEAS ever!!! Many thank to beelicious for the sample!

My sense of smell is practically non existent in the morning, and pretty weak in the evening, but it’s better in the afternoon. Still not great (I mean, I know cucumbers have a scent, but I can’t smell them even in the afternoon) but I can get strong scents. I wanted to try a new tea this afternoon, and I went through the lovely samples I have in the tea drawer. I decided on this one.

Boy, am I glad I did! When I lifted the cup to sip I smelled something! Not precisely sure what, but maybe chocolate? CarameL? I sipped and this tea was luscious. Smooth, silky, almost sweet. Rich and mellow. A really great cup!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Creamy

liquid rasberry with vanilla and cream on top. oh, no wait, there is jam, and chocolate and caramel as well…

Stellar!

Flavors: Berries, Caramel, Chocolate, Flowers, Jam, Strawberry, Vanilla

I don’t really have any teas in sip down range so I’m visiting an old favorite tonight.
This is just a really nice fruity black. Some say finicky – that might be true, but it always seems to work for me if I do 95C for 2.5 minutes. About 2tsp in my Davids perfect mug…
There is just something about the gentleness of the French teas….

Indigobloom

This one is amazing. A friend of mine always makes it with a small teaspoon of strawberry jam. I’ve been meaning to try it out myself one day!

I was super excited that Cameron B. gave me the opportunity to try this. I have wanted to try Mariage Frères for a long time since it seems like such a popular company.
Today was actually the best day I’ve had physically this entire year, so I got to try a bunch of black teas that have been waiting for me to try! Figured it was about time I tried this one!
So, if the black tea base was not so strong I probably would have liked this a lot more. But for the most part, when I drink a flavored tea I don’t really wanna taste the base of the tea, unless it really complements the flavors well. Which kinda feels rare in my book. :( I feel like black teas must just be hard to flavor because they tend to overrule the other flavors.
I really like the strawberry and creamy notes in this tea. The black tea base kinda ruined it for me. It really overpowered the cup, so that was a bummer. If they had made the flavors a bit more strong this tea would be perfect!
Least in my book. But clearly this one isn’t for me.
Thanks for the sample, Cameron B.!

Flavors: Creamy, Smooth, Strawberry

Two delicious strawberry teas in one day! I am a very happy girl right now. This is exactly what I was hoping it would be: strawberry shortcake in a cup! The vanilla and strawberry flavors both come through clearly and are natural and sweet without being cloying. The black base is smooth and balanced with no bitterness or astringency, just a tiny bit of a tart aftertaste that actually enhances the strawberry flavor. Thank you so much to beelicious for the sample!

Flavors: Smooth, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla

Probably my favorite black tea. :)

A fruity layer over a powerful black tea. It’s not my thing (I’m not a fruit tea person), but my husband loves it.

Flavors: Fruity

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

Next in line! This sample came from boychik and, originally, CharlotteZero (whom I wish would come back so I could thank her!). I’m unsure how this one got missed, as I’m usually rather eager to try French tea samples. I guess it must have gotten lost at the bottom of the sample box! The leaves are very small and dark. I can’t smell much, perhaps a hint of fruit.

I can immediately smell that this tea is French – it has that powdered sugar aroma. I can also smell red fruits and some sweetness. Hm, this is actually quite good, especially for being rather old. There are definitely red fruits here, mostly heavily strawberry and raspberry. It got a teeny bit bitter, but I did steep it for 4 minutes, and the leaves looked quite broken. I can taste a hint of vanilla, but I wish there was more. Pretty tasty, I would like to try a fresh sample of this one. :) Withholding rating because I suspect flavor loss here.

Flavors: Fruity, Malt, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vanilla

boychik

You really should try Celebration H&S . Like French tea without artificial aftertaste. I think Im going to order some tonight. They have BOGO sale.

Cameron B.

Yeah, I’m curious about that one. I might have to order a tin if they do a free shipping day without minimums. :)

Thank you so much EvaGrimm for sharing this. It had been on my wishlist and I don’t even remember why. I added a little milk and it tasted like my favorite birthday dessert, strawberry shortcake.