French Breakfast Tea

Astringent, Dark Chocolate, Smoke, Vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, Malt, Tannin, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

This perfect marriage of great and elegant black teas produces a rounded taste of malt and chocolate.

Its highly developed flavour is both powerful and refined. A felicitous blend in the best tradition of the French art of Tea.

With or without milk, perfect with a continental breakfast.

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3-5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

I’m upping the rating on this one because it really is pretty much my favourite ‘simple’ black tea that I drink with no milk or sugar. I still can’t decide if there is added flavour in this tea or just incredibly aromatic black tea. I definitely can’t see any non-tea bits in it, so if there’s anything it’s one of those ‘added flavour’ things. Whatever it is, though, it’s a wonderfully smooth, not heavy yet very strong on character, black tea.

Oh, this tea is super lovely. I took a sip this morning and had forgotten what it was going to be, since I barely remember driving here to work today. But I’ve had goat cheese & marmalade toast and now French breakfast tea, so I should be having a better morning than I’m having. I love malty, caramel, strong black tea, but this one is really refined and not fake tasting at all. Beautiful. Thank you to Shmiracles for letting me sample her box o’ samples! And thank you, Steepsterites, for sharing your teas. If I can make it to lunch, I’ll get to read more of the pointless coffee shop AU I started this week.

two entries for this tea. but this one has more notes so it wins.

it’s rainy here.
i stayed up until 5am dancing.
i made a dress from gold lamé.
it started to fall apart slowly but it held up for the whole evening. yay win!
the weather was great and made the whole evening even better.

but waking up this morning?
it was harrrrd.
so… French Breakfast!
it’s delicious!
like really delicious.
i love the malty ones.

thanks a ton for the sample Sil.

this is my 700th tea :)
but it won’t look like that because i’m MANY many logs behind. and i’ll probably re-enter most of them when i get around to writing the review. but yup. 700 yay tea yay.

this one makes me happy..though american breakfast wins a little over it..but i’d have both in my cupboard.

OMGsrsly

Woo! That is a lot of different teas. :)

First sipdown of the day, from the BBBBox, one of Sil’s inclusions.

i’m watching you lady lol

Dag Wedin

French breakfast? Coffee and cigarette blend?!?

Terri HarpLady

You got it Dag! LOL

A good, solid black tea blend. Unlike English or Irish breakfast blends, though, this seemed a bit two-dimensional to me. I did not detect the flavors of chocolate and malt.

Really good, with about a teaspoon of sugar.

I really like this tea. It is strong and has good flavor throughout the cup.

Sightly reddish color – very pretty!

Been drinking this a lot more these past few days since i got a new infuser. But I’ve been holding off with the milk and loved it! Guess I’m not much of a tea with milk person after all.