Earl Grey Silver Tips

Black White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “This is the only Mariage Frères tea I've been able to get my hands on here in Canada outside of swaps with other Steepster members. I found it at a William Sonoma store in Vancouver and the only...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1573 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

The divine flavour of bergamot in a China tea sprinkled with silver needle tips.

About Mariage Frères View company

This is the only Mariage Frères tea I’ve been able to get my hands on here in Canada outside of swaps with other Steepster members. I found it at a William Sonoma store in Vancouver and the only varieties sold there were this and a Darjeeling. Since it was pretty expensive – $35 CD for a tin – I went with this one.

The scent of the tea is distinctly earl grey but with a bit of a flowery note to it. The flavour is also nothing I wouldn’t expect from an earl grey but there are these little hints that this is none the less a high-quality tea – the black tea base is smooth-tasting with just the right amount of robustness and you can tell that they didn’t take the easy way out by using a crappy black tea and then using the bergamot oil to try and disguise it. Here there is just the right amount of citrusy bergamot flavour and while I’m drinking it without milk at the moment I can easily see this been great with milk as well.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
David Webb

Here is a distributor in the States, that might ship north to you. http://porterouge.biz/tea/
My wife and I were planning to serve MF Wedding Imperial at our wedding. We ordered from our usual MF locale, and received a 1lbs bag of dried out tasteless black tea. By sheer luck we came across Porte Rouge, just a few blocks north of where we live. We called the owner, she had time to show us around her “showroom”/warehouse (the basement of her house), and got us everything we needed. She does 1-2 cup samples and 2oz? bags up to lbs. Fairly basic/American selection of MF: Earl Grey flavor varieties, Jasmine Silver Needle, Marco Polo, etc. Call or email her, if she can’t help you out let me know and we’ll figure something out.