Lapsang Souchong Imperial

Smoke, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “Well well, so this is FRENCH lapsang souchong. It´s a totally different lapsang souchong, while being very lapsangsouchong-ey, than my usual beloved but run-of-the-mill Twinings. I brew it wrong,...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 333 tasting notes
  • “Another Mariage Frères arriving to me straight from Lisbon : obrigada cteresa. It had been super wrapped by Teresa to not contaminate the other samples and it was so right because that Lapsang...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 390 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

The most refined of smoky teas–its long, uniformly handsome leaves are carefully smoked over rare wood in a traditional manner.

A rich yet subtle tea for daytime.

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

I brew it wrong, did not give it the attention it deserved, but even so I think there is the potential here for a mad love affair.

ah, a warning, this tea is for acknowledged unashamed lovers of Lapsang Souchong only: – first, you probably won´t like it if you do not like LS;
- second it´s a waste of this tea to have people who do not love LS drink it. Let´s save it for the rest of us, ok?

Another Mariage Frères arriving to me straight from Lisbon : obrigada cteresa.

It had been super wrapped by Teresa to not contaminate the other samples and it was so right because that Lapsang Souchong has a smoke smell really stronger regarding the others I had until now.

I have a very soft and mellow cup of Lapsang Souchong , medium bodied. This is a very nice tea, very smoky so rather not recommended for novices in Lapsang Souchong unless you have an highly developed taste for all that is smoked.

Smoke , despite its strength, is extremely refined – the wood used was probably selected on high profile and one can clearly feel it in his cup. It is extremely enjoyable. I just finished my full teapot .

you can see pics of my session with this tea here : http://thevangeliste.wordpress.com/2014/11/23/lapsang-souchong-imperial-mariage-freres/

Flavors: Smoke, Wood

cteresa

This is my favorite lapsang souchong – though maybe the theodor one which is completely different will replace it. They are so marvelously mellow aren´t they?

Ysaurella

they are absolutely marvelously mellow oh yes ! I loved both – hard to make a choice