Thé à l'Opéra

Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

• “Having this one tonight but I am not in the mood for it apparently. I brew it the right way and time but get a slight astringency, very very very little BUT present... This is what I dislike with...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 350 tasting notes
  • “My second tea from this company - and so far, they have really impressed me. This produces a light green liqour that smells like cherries and maybe strawberries. Vanilla is there - although I...” Read full tasting note
    Alana237 223 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN!(224) I tried cold brewing this one to see if the flavours would be more to my liking. Turns out as a cold brew this is a very green tea. The flavours get a little lost in the cold brew. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “This was just as beautiful as the last time around - a light, elegant, floral pick-me-up. It's struck me on several occasions that many of these greens from Mariage Frères would probably be...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

A eulogy to sensuality.

From spiritual beverage to lyrical elixir, the refinement of tea meets the melodic beauty of opera. A distinguished green tea has been enhanced with the subtle fragrance of red berries and precious spices.

A sensual tea.

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3 min

About Mariage Frères View company

Yes indeed, this tea is somehow some kind of melody. A bit reminding of those chewing-gums which make great bubbles … but the delicious green tea adds a very nice tea-“Spirit” to the musical play. In the end it lacks a bit depth, but still is overall a good tea, which i like especially for watching TV series – did someone hear “soap-opera”? ;)

It’s by far one of my favorite green teas! So lovely ,mild,and fresh-green,the vanilla 、berries and green tea all together make such a unforgettable and ever-changing dreaming taste!Change steep time or temperature,you get something brand new and exciting,you won’t get tired of it!

I got a bag of this tea from a friend to take on my trip, but I couldn’t resist and well… here it goes. Really really lovely. Thanks P!

I love this tea. You can either drink it hot or cold, it still has a fantastic taste. I find that mixing it with some soy milk, the taste reminds you a little of cookies.

When I read the description of this tea, I thought it might be too sweet and fruity. However, it’s my FAVORITE fruity tea. The green tea is light and the red fruits and vanilla work together perfectly. It’s aromatic and perfumed without being cloying.

I’m about half-way through. I bought 3.5 oz at Dean & Deluca for $20.That’s $11.50 for 2 oz (which is just a bit higher than the standard $6-$8 / 2oz at Teavanna).

This tea came to me from Anna, all the way from Italy! Now if that isn’t love, I honestly don’t know what is.

Despite the fact that I don’t typically gravitate towards green teas, I’m always happy when i get some in a swap because it means I can try one and perhaps find one I do like.

The people who described this as smelling of lifesavers are spot on—and because of Anna’s expert packaging, the lifesaver smell was contained really nicely in the little bags, so I was hit with a wall of it as soon as I opened it. When brewed, you can still smell what seems to be candied fruit, and I also get a bit of vanilla.

I mostly taste green tea, although especially when still hot, I can pick up on trace notes of candied fruit in the aftertaste. These seem to subside for me as the tea cools, and then the base seems to just take over. As far as green teas go, I actually don’t dislike this one. I wouldn’t go out of my way to acquire it or anything, but I wasn’t turned off by it, either.

Thanks again, Anna!

does that mean Anna doesn’t love me….

keychange

No because Anna has so much love…it’s in her hairs and melons and everything.

but i have no anna teas! wails

Kaylee

Sil, do you really need more tea? :)

A sample from Shmiracles. This isn’t quite what I was expecting, somehow. I don’t know why, but it isn’t. I think I was expecting a more “green” taste, maybe mint, but this is actually a ref fruit/berry tea. It’s strange what associations a name can conjour up!

As red berry teas go, this is really nice. It’s a natural tasting flavour, maybe a mixture of raspberry and strawberry? It reminds me a little of Marco Polo in some respects. The description says that this tea also contains spices. I’m not really picking much up in that respect, except maybe the merest hint of nutmeg. The berry flavouring is delicious alone, though, and doesn’t really need anything else, so it’s not a terrible loss.

The green base is pleasantly light and unobtrusive. It looks to me like sencha or dragonwell, but I’m probably wrong — I’m no green tea expert! In any case, it’s the perfect base for this tea, and carries the flavouring well without getting in the way. This is definitely a Mariage Freres tea I’d try again if the chance arose — thanks again to Shmiracles for sharing this with me!

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

It’s great if you drink it cold.

Taste like a candy, good but not fantastic.
Brewed at 80°C.