Thé à l'Opéra

Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

From Mariage Frères

A eulogy to sensuality.

From spiritual beverage to lyrical elixir, the refinement of tea meets the melodic beauty of opera. A distinguished green tea has been enhanced with the subtle fragrance of red berries and precious spices.

A sensual tea.

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3 min

About Mariage Frères View company

Yes indeed, this tea is somehow some kind of melody. A bit reminding of those chewing-gums which make great bubbles … but the delicious green tea adds a very nice tea-“Spirit” to the musical play. In the end it lacks a bit depth, but still is overall a good tea, which i like especially for watching TV series – did someone hear “soap-opera”? ;)

It’s by far one of my favorite green teas! So lovely ,mild,and fresh-green,the vanilla 、berries and green tea all together make such a unforgettable and ever-changing dreaming taste!Change steep time or temperature,you get something brand new and exciting,you won’t get tired of it!

I got a bag of this tea from a friend to take on my trip, but I couldn’t resist and well… here it goes. Really really lovely. Thanks P!

I love this tea. You can either drink it hot or cold, it still has a fantastic taste. I find that mixing it with some soy milk, the taste reminds you a little of cookies.

When I read the description of this tea, I thought it might be too sweet and fruity. However, it’s my FAVORITE fruity tea. The green tea is light and the red fruits and vanilla work together perfectly. It’s aromatic and perfumed without being cloying.

I’m about half-way through. I bought 3.5 oz at Dean & Deluca for $20.That’s $11.50 for 2 oz (which is just a bit higher than the standard $6-$8 / 2oz at Teavanna).

I’ll preface this by saying my steeping conditions were less than ideal—a takeaway cup was involved. That said, I didn’t love this blend. The base seems like it might be a Chinese green, though it’s also reminiscent of the Thai green base in MF’s Lune Rouge. The fruit flavoring tastes generic and slightly of bubblegum. Now that I’ve had a few fruity greens from MF, I don’t think they’re a particular strength of the company. I should probably just accept this and go with other kinds of flavors in the future.

I drink this whenever I’m at a local French patisserie, which sells it both loose and in a tin. It’s lovely – as long as you don’t oversteep it. More than three or four minutes, and it’s just plain ick. Grassy, astringent, tart, bitter… no. But when it’s lightly steeped, with a less-than boiling temperature, I quite love it. Light, somewhat fruity, vanilla soft, and a touch of creaminess to it.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity, Grass, Vanilla

Warning: this review involves abusive levels of oversteeping and inappropriate water temperatures. Sensitive readers are advised to read my main Opéra review instead: http://steepster.com/chai-mera/posts/286519

Excellent travel tea under adverse conditions! A few days ago I put 2tsp in my tea thermos with hot water before leaving for work. Had no opportunity to remove/empty the steeping basket so it stayed in there all day. There was one cold-water refill and one hot-water refill in said thermos. I don’t know whether it was the alternating cold/hot water or something else, but it still tasted delicious at 9pm and never got that bitter flavor that over-brewed green tea sometimes has. (Now whether I should have been drinking caffeinated tea at 9pm is another question entirely.)

Some people may consider this to be horrible treatment of a good tea, but there are days when one needs a tea that maintains its class and poise under rugged conditions, and this, my friends, is that tea.

Flavors: Berry, Floral, Green

8 min or more 2 tsp

Evidently I’ve reviewed this before… hm.

Another old sample from Shmiracles that I waited ridiculously too long to try!

It smells delicious in the bag, I decided to go for it and just use the rest of my leaf up. I was too lazy to check steeping parameters and I may have shot myself in the foot.

I went 180 degrees for 2 minutes, and it turned out very bitter. I actually ended up dumping half the cup out. I wish I would have checked first because it had potential to be tasty, based on the smell.

I’m sure age must be a factor also.

But yeah, super bitter with a hint of berries.

SCHMEH.

EDIT I just checked the parameters used by others and HUZZAH i didn’t screw it up! So it must just taste that way to me. Ah well. Another sample bites the dust!