Full Moon Party

Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

From Mariage Frères

Once upon a time there was a tall, midnight-black canister with a Harlequin figure dancing below a full, silvery moon inhabited by a magical rabbit.
The canister holds a black tea with spicy, almondy flavours featuring a floral note of roses. A sensual, gourmet experience.
The Harlequin urges us to reinvent our calendar of revels – on every night that a full moon rises we can henceforth dance, sing and promise the stars to whomever we wish
And the rabbit? He restores a childlike vision to us – the vision of Asian lands where a rabbit is companion to a goddess known for her elixir of long life, peace, and luck, as well as for her mooncakes

About Mariage Frères View company

Sadly it is a sipdown. I finished my canister and as this tea is only available (alas !) in canister, at 22 €, I am afraid I won’t repurchase it until a while. I propably will use the tin to put Pleine Lune tea.

I sent some of Full Moon Party to several people and unfortunately no one reviewed it until now. This is one of the mystery blend.

I especially like the mix almond and rose here. this is so sweet, so mellow.

Bye bye sweetie…

TheTeaFairy

Oh my! Really, too bad MF won’t allow smaller purchases, you could just refill the pretty tin with the amount of tea you want. But we can forgive them, most of their teas seem to be totally worth it, but at €22 I would also think twice…

Ysaurella

yes a lot of ther tea are available as loose leaf by weight, unfortunately not this one neither Alexandra David Néel I want to try for ages…

TheTeaFairy

Oh, I thought they sold only 100g pouches or tins! Guess it’s more of an online thing, I remember lurking at their website (many times!!!)! One day I’ll just say, the hell with shipping costs and I’m just going to order :-)

seule771

During my tea craze and reviewing of teas, I never did get to sample their teas. Just as well since they are of calibre teas like Harney and Sons. I would not want to mess with them folks. Thank you for sharing.

ce thé est tres bons je l’ aime a 100 pour 100 :)
c’ est le meme que pleine l une voici pourquoi je l’ ai tres bien notée

Ysaurella

ce n’est pas exactement le même Doudi…il y a de la rose dedans…

Mariage Frères and I have not had the best of relationships, so I’m not really sure what compelled me to pick up a 100g tin of this one at a café in Pittsburgh. Perhaps the lure of almond and rose, and perhaps because I remembered Ysaurella’s notes on this one. Although they don’t always agree, our tastes tend to be fairly similar in many cases, so if she liked this one, I wanted to try it.

I have to say that I didn’t realize that this was spiced as well, and initially it was a little disconcerting because the dry leaf almost smelled like Christmas (clove, cinnamon), and I have had little success with teas spiced this way (from any company). However, I should not have worried. This is without a doubt the smoothest, sweetest tea I’ve ever had from MF. And so almondy! That’s what really won me over. The almond is strong and rich, in a slightly marzipan-y way (and not just nutty). The vanilla is creamy and sweet, and combined with the spices it really reminds me of a spiced almond cookie. The spices themselves don’t overtake the rest of the blend (like they so often do). And here we have found a base tea that I truly enjoy (wish I knew what it was, haha!). Smooth, with good body and nicely balanced.

Very glad that I picked this one up (and apparently got it for a steal at $24 when it retails for 25€ on their website).

ETA: I meant to mention that I don’t really get a distinct rose flavor here, which is a little disappointing but the rest of it is so delicious that it doesn’t bother me. I still have Fauchon’s La Naissance for when I want an almond-rose blend.

keychange

woohoo shopping list!

Anna

This sounds really interesting! Is there no trace of cinnamon/cloves? (Loathe spiced tea.)

Dinosara

Anna: the spicing is definitely present (just not overpowering) so if you loathe spiced teas I would give this one a miss. It’s not unlike Pleine Lune but without the fruit and with a larger spice presence.

Anna