Butterscotch

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “Looks like I am the first to rate this. This is a sample from the recent swap and tea crawl, and I think I got this one from *CrowKettle* if I'm not mistaken. This tea kinda smells powdery, and...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 601 tasting notes
  • “I added milk to this morning's cup and I think it's a good thing I did. The milk adds a bit of creaminess and fullness to the cup. Without it, it could get a little bit thin and almost coppery? The...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 525 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

Associé à l’univers Englishissime du pudding et des cookies, le butterscotch – alliance de sucre et de beurre – est ici revisité en variation gourmande sur un thé noir dont les élans maltés accueillent avec délices les parfums de chocolat, de caramel et de miel.

Etonnant et délicieux

About Mariage Frères View company

Looks like I am the first to rate this. This is a sample from the recent swap and tea crawl, and I think I got this one from CrowKettle if I’m not mistaken.

This tea kinda smells powdery, and I am really not sure why. It also has a little of that to start. It does meld into a sweet finish though. I can pick up some sweet caramel and butterscotch notes at the back of my throat with the sips. I did add sugar and milk to try to give it a little kickstart on the sweetness and creaminess.

The infusion was a lovely mahogany red shade. I think the only thing that catches me off guard with this one is that powdery start. It’s so unusual. I don’t think the tea is off, because it was sealed in a foil pouch.

I’d say this is an ok tea, but it isn’t something I can’t live without. I’m glad I got to try it.

CrowKettle

I would love to know the actual list of ingredients for the teas from Mariage Freres. This is the one was originally from ToiToi!

Amariel

I agree.

I added milk to this morning’s cup and I think it’s a good thing I did. The milk adds a bit of creaminess and fullness to the cup. Without it, it could get a little bit thin and almost coppery? The start of the sip is mostly vanilla and rum for me and it slowly turns into a thick and sweet butterscotch flavor. This flavor works really well with the tea base which comes as a surprise since I thought the two would clash. The tea leaf and the flavor are balanced quite well!

This was a nice and sweet cup of tea to start my day. I don’t think I would buy more simply because there are other flavors that I enjoy more, but it’s certainly a must-try for those who like butterscotch! Thank you ToiToi for a sample of this.

Tabby

I need this!

QueenOfTarts

Tabby, definitely a must-try if you like butterscotch and mariage freres’ tea base.