Butterscotch

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

1 Tasting Note View all

From Mariage Frères

Associé à l’univers Englishissime du pudding et des cookies, le butterscotch – alliance de sucre et de beurre – est ici revisité en variation gourmande sur un thé noir dont les élans maltés accueillent avec délices les parfums de chocolat, de caramel et de miel.

Etonnant et délicieux

About Mariage Frères View company

1 Tasting Note

Looks like I am the first to rate this. This is a sample from the recent swap and tea crawl, and I think I got this one from CrowKettle if I’m not mistaken.

This tea kinda smells powdery, and I am really not sure why. It also has a little of that to start. It does meld into a sweet finish though. I can pick up some sweet caramel and butterscotch notes at the back of my throat with the sips. I did add sugar and milk to try to give it a little kickstart on the sweetness and creaminess.

The infusion was a lovely mahogany red shade. I think the only thing that catches me off guard with this one is that powdery start. It’s so unusual. I don’t think the tea is off, because it was sealed in a foil pouch.

I’d say this is an ok tea, but it isn’t something I can’t live without. I’m glad I got to try it.

CrowKettle

I would love to know the actual list of ingredients for the teas from Mariage Freres. This is the one was originally from ToiToi!

Amariel