Paris Breakfast

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Mariage Frères

Here, the city of Paris shines in a new light: introducing Paris Breakfast Tea. A cross between traditional savoir-faire and clever imagination, this eloquent and passionate tea, rich in aroma, hovering between gastronomy and poetry and handcrafted by Mariage Frères chief tea blender is simply marvellous.
A zesty, honeyed note caresses the nose, promising pure delight in the cup: the blend of grand, flamboyant black teas gives a smooth, round texture to the liquor and evolves over time. Held together by the tasty notes of malted chocolate, tender vanilla and warm brioche and adorned by a sweet fruitiness not unlike candied tangerine. A hint of China green tea unfurls at the end, freshening the palate, sparkling and harmonious.

About Mariage Frères View company

A lighter, sweeter version of French Breakfast tea.

dkpac

Mike… can you tell me where you found this tea? thanks!

Mike317

I am ashamed to say I ordered it direct from Mariage Freres. Long story, had to get more Esprit de Noel and Paris was the only option..paid an arm and leg for shipping, but we all have our vices. It’s a lighter, somewhat sweeter version of the French Breakfast with a hint of citrus. Quite good.

Tea of the morning here…

I am not quite sure about this one. This was another one I got at Maison d’Etre yesterday. I wanted to try another MF tea and this just smelled so good in the tin, like tangerine candy of some sort. I am not quite sure about the flavor though. I get a lot of orange but also some bitterness. It’s difficult to tell if there’s bergamot in here or if the bitterness is due to the green tea in this blend. Instructions say to brew at 205 F and that’s about the temperature I used. I think I’ll try using a sightly lower steeping time to see if that makes a difference. For now I think it’s ok but considering the price I paid for it, it’s a bit of a let down.

Dustin

I green breakfast tea?! I thought they were only blacks! I have recently been enjoying MF’s French Breakfast tea, which was a surprise to me. I didn’t expect to like it, but got a sample anyway.
I think you may be right about adjusting the temp and time. I find MF teas to taste WAY better with short steeps.

Dustin

Wait a minute… you are in the Bay! Check out The Pasta Shop (I think it is in Berkeley). I was there a year and a half ago and they had 15-20 MF teas sold in bulk which is perfect for sampling before investing in a tin. They also sell tins and are next to Teance.

TeaBrat

It’s a black/green blend and thanks for the tip on the Pasta shop