Paris Breakfast

Black Green Blend
Citrus, Floral, Vanilla, Cream, Orange, Sweet, Red Fruits, Dirt, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Mariage Frères

Here, the city of Paris shines in a new light: introducing Paris Breakfast Tea. A cross between traditional savoir-faire and clever imagination, this eloquent and passionate tea, rich in aroma, hovering between gastronomy and poetry and handcrafted by Mariage Frères chief tea blender is simply marvellous.
A zesty, honeyed note caresses the nose, promising pure delight in the cup: the blend of grand, flamboyant black teas gives a smooth, round texture to the liquor and evolves over time. Held together by the tasty notes of malted chocolate, tender vanilla and warm brioche and adorned by a sweet fruitiness not unlike candied tangerine. A hint of China green tea unfurls at the end, freshening the palate, sparkling and harmonious.

About Mariage Frères View company

A lighter, sweeter version of French Breakfast tea.

Mike… can you tell me where you found this tea? thanks!

I am ashamed to say I ordered it direct from Mariage Freres. Long story, had to get more Esprit de Noel and Paris was the only option..paid an arm and leg for shipping, but we all have our vices. It’s a lighter, somewhat sweeter version of the French Breakfast with a hint of citrus. Quite good.

Well this was unexpected. I anticipated a more brisk tea, meant to wake you up and instead I got silk and sweet. My first thought was “I wonder if this was contaminated by the vanilla teas in the package because there is a whole lot more vanilla than I anticipated?”. Then I thought, “wow, this is creamy and smooth?”. Then I checked to see if this was just black tea or if it was a blend. Then I got the citrus notes which are slightly on the lines of pledge. So things started off good but the citrus is a little off. The fluffy lemon of L’Hiver or Lemon French Macaron is what would have suited this best but the citrus is more harsh and thus compromises an otherwise lovely tea.

Thank you Sil for the share! This made for a fun surprise this morning and definitely an unexpected tea.

yeah there’s something about this one that i don’t love like the other breakfast teas from MF that i’ve had

This is a tea with a lot of strength to it. It’s bolder than I expected for a black/green blend with a rich, full-bodied maltiness tinged with smoke. It takes adding milk to bring out the vanilla and honey notes but I’m not getting anything citrus-like at all. It’s nice but I wouldn’t shell out the $45 that a full tin would usually cost.

GCTTB5 box#2

I am not sure that I would consider this bold enough to be a “breakfast tea” but it was very enjoyable.

I mostly got citrus notes followed by malty chocolate and vanilla. it probably isn’t something that I would order but certainly good.

Another tea rescued from the back of the cupboard! This is actually quite delicious!! Its got a good balance of malt, vanilla, chocolate and a touch of citrus. The addition of the green tea gives it a very smooth but fresh mouthfeel. I would definitely pick more of this up when my cupboard is back under control.

I steeped briefly using cooler water to work with the green and black blend.

To my taste, this tea is too perfumey. Not that I dislike floral teas, but this one is redolent of perfume shops in that sort of busy flavour kind of way. Perhaps it didn’t help that I added a big teaspoon of honey. Perhaps that complicates the flavour further.

I like the smell of the tea in my cup very much though.

This reminds me very of Fauchon teas I had a million years ago. Perhaps the base blend is the same or perhaps there is something very French in the way they build their flavoured teas. To be fair though, I have been loving black teas with deep rich dark bases lately. Perhaps this is tampering with my perspective too.

Maybe the second steep will be more of a pleasure

Thankfully, I have enough to try again with less honey if any at all.

Much appreciated, Sil. There’s a lot to enjoy here, but I don’t need to place an order for this immediately. Or ever.

The second steep is lovely. The perfume has calmed down, but the flavour notes are still present in the background. I didn’t add anything to the tea. Much more pleasant this way. Perhaps I need to underleaf next time to make this more to my taste.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Vanilla

the blergamot like taste to this one is something i don’t love. It’s not my favourite of the “breakfast” teas from MF.

Evol Ving Ness

I am not really getting a sense of bergamot in this one. Just perfume shop.

Bored of this tea lol. Maybe i can add it to a tea box for others to try. it’s a nice enough tea but it’s on the blerg side of things versus the maltier more delicious (imo) american or french breakfast. a good tea, just not MY tea.

Blergamont strikes again!

it’s not quite EG blergamot…and i knew it when i bought it…sort of creamy lemon..

Interesting. (that does not mean I want you to send me all the tea though.)

hahaha don’t worry…when my new bags come there will be a second box

:P I’m still trying to get through all the other samples!

I agree with others here that there is a lot creamsicle going on with this one, but I like this tea a lot. It may be because I first had it in Paris, so I may not be judging it on flavor alone ;)

All I know is that it’s almost gone and I’m going to be quite sad.

Flavors: Cream, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

One of my favourite tea in the morning.
It’s a black tea with delicious flavors (French specialty: brioche).

This sample came from my swap with Sara. It’s a mixture of black and green leaves, although there looks to be more black to me. Dry scent is vaguely sweet and somewhat vanilla-like, perhaps with some caramel notes.

Mm, once steeped, this smells like a creamsicle to me. There’s definitely a strong vanilla ice cream aroma going on. Whoa… For some reason, this tastes extremely earthy, which I did not expect at all. And it’s almost a little bit bitter, and a touch soapy. I’m not sure whether these tastes are due to the fact that my sample had a lot of broken pieces, but this one is definitely not for me. Dirt creamsicle?

Flavors: Cream, Dirt, Earth, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

Your sample came from the very, very last of my stash, hence the smaller bits! This one definitely gives a better show at the top of the tin.

Cameron B.

I’ll have to try it again sometime. :)

I find this tea is problematic also.