Paris Breakfast

Black Green Blend
Citrus, Floral, Vanilla, Cream, Orange, Sweet, Red Fruits, Dirt, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Mariage Frères

Here, the city of Paris shines in a new light: introducing Paris Breakfast Tea. A cross between traditional savoir-faire and clever imagination, this eloquent and passionate tea, rich in aroma, hovering between gastronomy and poetry and handcrafted by Mariage Frères chief tea blender is simply marvellous.
A zesty, honeyed note caresses the nose, promising pure delight in the cup: the blend of grand, flamboyant black teas gives a smooth, round texture to the liquor and evolves over time. Held together by the tasty notes of malted chocolate, tender vanilla and warm brioche and adorned by a sweet fruitiness not unlike candied tangerine. A hint of China green tea unfurls at the end, freshening the palate, sparkling and harmonious.

About Mariage Frères View company

A lighter, sweeter version of French Breakfast tea.

dkpac

Mike… can you tell me where you found this tea? thanks!

Mike317

I am ashamed to say I ordered it direct from Mariage Freres. Long story, had to get more Esprit de Noel and Paris was the only option..paid an arm and leg for shipping, but we all have our vices. It’s a lighter, somewhat sweeter version of the French Breakfast with a hint of citrus. Quite good.

Please keep things friendly and .

Another tea rescued from the back of the cupboard! This is actually quite delicious!! Its got a good balance of malt, vanilla, chocolate and a touch of citrus. The addition of the green tea gives it a very smooth but fresh mouthfeel. I would definitely pick more of this up when my cupboard is back under control.

Please keep things friendly and .

I steeped briefly using cooler water to work with the green and black blend.

To my taste, this tea is too perfumey. Not that I dislike floral teas, but this one is redolent of perfume shops in that sort of busy flavour kind of way. Perhaps it didn’t help that I added a big teaspoon of honey. Perhaps that complicates the flavour further.

I like the smell of the tea in my cup very much though.

This reminds me very of Fauchon teas I had a million years ago. Perhaps the base blend is the same or perhaps there is something very French in the way they build their flavoured teas. To be fair though, I have been loving black teas with deep rich dark bases lately. Perhaps this is tampering with my perspective too.

Maybe the second steep will be more of a pleasure

Thankfully, I have enough to try again with less honey if any at all.

Much appreciated, Sil. There’s a lot to enjoy here, but I don’t need to place an order for this immediately. Or ever.

The second steep is lovely. The perfume has calmed down, but the flavour notes are still present in the background. I didn’t add anything to the tea. Much more pleasant this way. Perhaps I need to underleaf next time to make this more to my taste.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Vanilla

the blergamot like taste to this one is something i don’t love. It’s not my favourite of the “breakfast” teas from MF.

Evol Ving Ness

I am not really getting a sense of bergamot in this one. Just perfume shop.

Please keep things friendly and .

Bored of this tea lol. Maybe i can add it to a tea box for others to try. it’s a nice enough tea but it’s on the blerg side of things versus the maltier more delicious (imo) american or french breakfast. a good tea, just not MY tea.

Blergamont strikes again!

it’s not quite EG blergamot…and i knew it when i bought it…sort of creamy lemon..

OMGsrsly

Interesting. (that does not mean I want you to send me all the tea though.)

hahaha don’t worry…when my new bags come there will be a second box

OMGsrsly

:P I’m still trying to get through all the other samples!

Please keep things friendly and .

I agree with others here that there is a lot creamsicle going on with this one, but I like this tea a lot. It may be because I first had it in Paris, so I may not be judging it on flavor alone ;)

All I know is that it’s almost gone and I’m going to be quite sad.

Flavors: Cream, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

One of my favourite tea in the morning.
It’s a black tea with delicious flavors (French specialty: brioche).

Please keep things friendly and .

This sample came from my swap with Sara. It’s a mixture of black and green leaves, although there looks to be more black to me. Dry scent is vaguely sweet and somewhat vanilla-like, perhaps with some caramel notes.

Mm, once steeped, this smells like a creamsicle to me. There’s definitely a strong vanilla ice cream aroma going on. Whoa… For some reason, this tastes extremely earthy, which I did not expect at all. And it’s almost a little bit bitter, and a touch soapy. I’m not sure whether these tastes are due to the fact that my sample had a lot of broken pieces, but this one is definitely not for me. Dirt creamsicle?

Flavors: Cream, Dirt, Earth, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

Sara

Your sample came from the very, very last of my stash, hence the smaller bits! This one definitely gives a better show at the top of the tin.

Cameron B.

I’ll have to try it again sometime. :)

TeaBrat

I find this tea is problematic also.

Please keep things friendly and .

Finishing up the last of this one! It’s definitely a favorite, the dry leaf smells just like a Creamsicle. Of course they describe it with rather more sophistication – but yes, the tangerine and vanilla come through quite clearly, and the green tea takes the edge off the black a bit.

I like to steep this for 3 minutes at 180 degrees; anything more than that and the green starts to sharpen up too much for my liking. This does rather mellow the flavor, but makes for an overall pleasant cup. Brewed up the scent is lovely, with the black tea itself meeting the flavored elements for a more muted Creamsicle, as it were. The taste matches the scent, with the black base leading and flavors layered over like a thin frosting. The tangerine is usually much brighter, but I think that’s just the consequence of the tin’s end.

This was the last three teaspoons from the tin, so she’s not giving her best performance today, but I’ll wave goodbye fondly and hope to see Paris Breakfast back in my cupboard again soon!

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea gives me problems when I try brewing it (because it’s a black/green) blend but I think I’ve discovered the secret is steeping it for around 3 minutes at water that’s around 190 – 200 f.

So blast this being sick stuff, I am missing another class today. I took a nap and woke up feeling worse than I did before I went to sleep. I thought a cup of this would be nice, I am definitely getting the orange notes, ‘though it’s hard to taste a lot in my current state.

Also I forgot to mention, here is a blog post about Sophie’s Cuppa, in Montclair, if anyone is interested in reading it. What a lovely place. I’d highly recommend a visit if you’re in the area.