Héritage Gourmand - Calisson

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “I've never tasted the candy this tea is based on, but I love rooibos and was more than willing to give it a try. Some of the HG collection teas aren't very strong with their flavors (aromas are...” Read full tasting note
    Jashiin 10 tasting notes
  • “hello candied almond tea. *CharlotteZero* also sent this one my way - which is also why i paired it with the other MF tea i had this evening. My mousse au chocolat is still my favouite of the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4732 tasting notes
  • “Hm. I like this one too. This one is scented more heavily than it is flavored, which is good because this could easily be too much. It smells like candied fruit, almonds and cinnamon. And even...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

The heritage of “sweet treats”—gourmandises—is more than a mere childhood memory. The evocative flavours of those creamy, fruity, wonderfully smooth and mouth-filling delights can still inhabit our lives. Rediscover the warmth of childhood treats through a succulent yet mischievous new composition—a fountain of youth concocted from red tea flavoured as calisson. It has been lovingly wrapped in a colourful, paper-covered canister with decorative silver motifs harking back to the blissful days of yore.

About Mariage Frères View company

I’ve never tasted the candy this tea is based on, but I love rooibos and was more than willing to give it a try. Some of the HG collection teas aren’t very strong with their flavors (aromas are another matter), yet are quite pleasant in a light, unobtrusive way. This one had medium strength flavors, but… Not sure what these flavors are, but it’s quite probably the strangest, and one of the most unpleasant rooibos teas I’ve ever had. There’s a particular kind of sweetness that reminded me of bad cream in cheap cakes. Or even cheap alcohol! Milk did not help at all. Oh course, it could be a perfect imitation of the calisson taste, but I wouldn’t know.

hello candied almond tea. CharlotteZero also sent this one my way – which is also why i paired it with the other MF tea i had this evening. My mousse au chocolat is still my favouite of the heritage teas but i have to say both of these rooibos blends are pretty tasty. This one is a more delicate almond tea – not knocking me in the face like so many others. It’s also not that sweet, over whelming sort of almond. This is a gentle almond and quite nice! thanks charlotteZero!

Final Count: 150 (137 to 157 and back down again….one swap incoming and not even going to try to get to my 130 goal for this month…but maybe 140 is doable to have my ins and outs be the same for the month heh)

Hm. I like this one too. This one is scented more heavily than it is flavored, which is good because this could easily be too much. It smells like candied fruit, almonds and cinnamon. And even though it smells super-sweet you it doesn’t taste very sweet at all. There is some lingering almond paste in the finish. Yum!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

where did you pick these up?

CharlotteZero

I ordered them from Mariage Frères online. These were my big birthday present to myself…If you ever wanted to try any of them, just follow me and let me know. :-)

mousse au chocolat is my favourite. :) that’s an awesome birthday present to yourself :)

CharlotteZero

I read some of your notes on it. I actually didn’t like it too much, so if you ever wanted to do a swap…

Haha 100% yes!