Thé au Sahara

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

For those days with sunny skies Mariage Frères has devised a new refreshing tea.

The whole-leaf green tea is enlivened by leaves of mint and petals of rose. Its brilliant liquor delivers a delightful grassy flavour that envelopes the palate and is countered by fresh, aromatic notes of mint, inflected by sparkling hints of rose.

A bouquet of sensations in the mouth.

About Mariage Frères View company

I’ve only just discovered your site and this is the tea I happen to have in front of me now. It’s perfect for drinking at work while I’m at my desk – as its light and refreshing and has a lovely perfumed aroma of roses and mint. When I’ve finished my drink and left the tea dregs in the cup I can still smell the aroma – so it also makes my desk area smell fragrant and zingy. I also recommend Sahara as a drink with food – especially middle-eastern foods, salads and lunchtime sandwiches. Although it has a summery smell – I drink it year round. Its good with honey – but I drink it generally without. I either use a teapot or a teaspoon-strainer that sits in the cup. Its economical to use as I dont need much to make a good drink (level teaspoon) and even when its left to steep a while or left to get cold its still lovely. Also makes lovely iced tea. Highly recommended.

Lovely, though it can get a bit “much” if you’re not a huge minty rose fan. I can’t drink it all the time, but it’s quite dreamy when I’m in the mood for it. It’s perfect for a hazy summer afternoon spent wondering.

Flavors: Flowers

Delicate and refreshing! Very good!