Birthday Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

A history of savoir-faire. This nostalgic blend was inspired by the 141st anniversary of the founding of Mariage Frères. A festive tea now associated with every birthday and anniversary worth celebrating, this harmonious blend adds the fragrance of rare citrus fruit and spices to the refined bouquet of first flush Darjeelings. A hint of honey and ginger bread. The perfect balance.

Un art de vivre. Les cent quarante et un ans de Mariage Frères nous ont inspiré ce mélange nostalgique. Désormais indissociable de ce merveilleux moment qu’est la célébration de tout anniversaire, le Birthday Tea, synonyme de fête, associe harmonieusement le bouquet raffiné des Darjeeling de printemps aux parfums d’agrumes rares et d’épices nobles. Il rappelle le miel et le pain d’épices. Un équilibre parfait.

About Mariage Frères View company

and as I am thinking about it, I don’t like darjeeling, that could also be it.

Pamela Dean

@BrookeM – I feel similar to you, perhaps, about Darjeeling teas. They tend to have kind of sharp, rough edges, and make me pucker up, which I don’t like. It’s that — the astringency — that I dislike generally. And most bitterness.

This is supposed to be flavored with bergamot and vanilla. First, I should be clear: I am not a fan of bergamot. Unfortunately, in this tea, the sole flavor is bergamot. Maybe someone, who is a Earl Grey fanatic, would be able to discern the other flavors. I could not. So as a basic Earl Grey, this would be OK. But nothing special…Sooo, I was disappointed….

A flavored darjeeling…light body, lightly favored – honey-vanilla with a touch of something floral. Very pleasant if you’re not into strongly-flavored teas.

I didn’t get any bergamot, but they may have changed the flavor in the last year.