Héritage Gourmand - Financier

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sara

From Mariage Frères

The heritage of “sweet treats”—gourmandises—is more than a mere childhood memory.
The evocative flavours of those creamy, fruity, wonderfully smooth and mouth-filling delights can still inhabit our lives. Rediscover the warmth of childhood treats through a succulent yet mischievous new composition—a fountain of youth concocted from green tea flavoured as financier.
It has been lovingly wrapped in a colourful, paper-covered canister with decorative silver motifs harking back to the blissful days of yore.

Emerald canister holding 100 g of flavoured green tea

About Mariage Frères View company

I tried my first cup of this on Friday but over sweetened it so held off on the review. Used the rest of my sample from CharlotteZero today.

This tastes like an almond pastry of some sort. The almond doesn’t taste like almond extract, more like raw almonds, which I really like about this tea. Even though I like almond extract, its nice to have an almond tea that is a little bit different, and more mellow with the almond flavour. I think they could have gone with a different base, the one they used was quite boring and didn’t contribute much to the overall flavour. I drank the first half of the cup without milk and the second half with, and I prefer it with milk. I really enjoyed this one and if I make an MF order this will be going in my basket.

This is good. Not as good as the Canelé, but it’s just what I wanted it to be. A tea that tastes like little buttery almond cake. I wonder how this will compare to the madeleine, because in my mind a financier and a madeleine are the same to me… :-/

greenteafairy

What was the base like in this one? All of the Héritage Gourmand flavors sound wonderful!

CharlotteZero

I think it was the same green base as the madeleine? I wasn’t paying too much attention to the base, I must admit… I’ll send you some samples! (And more of the Macaron, since it looks like you liked that one and I’m not the biggest fan).

greenteafairy

That would be wonderful, if you wouldn’t mind! I’ve been curious about the rest of this range since trying Macaron and Canelé. Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to try from my cupboard, or any local NYC stuff I could pick up for you.