I Have A Dream

Citrus, Lime, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Snazzy marketing, I am in. I am a sucker for visually pleasing tea packaging. Bright colours on the box, I will buy the tea. This tea is billed to be a citrus black tea. On opening the package...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 866 tasting notes
  • “Dry leaves give of a rather overpowering scent of citrus fruits – quite tangy, and just a little bit sweet. No wonder, since MF mentions 7 types of citrus fruits here! But there are also...” Read full tasting note
    Jashiin 15 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

Sweet dreams are made of…tea! In this rainbow composition, Mariage Frères has interlaced fantasy with reverie and created a black tea gushing with citrus – lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit, mandarine, yuzu… – flowing, sparkling, brimming with notes of invigorating freshness. You can’t help but see stars everywhere. Carpe diem forever !

Metallic canister with double lid holding 90 g of flavoured black tea.

About Mariage Frères View company

Snazzy marketing, I am in.

This tea is billed to be a citrus black tea. On opening the package there is a strong citrus scent, orange and grapefruit. The dry tea itself is also very visually pleasing. It is black tea with bright blue cornflowers, straw coloured cornflowers and burgundy petals/leaves. The colours of the tea kind of mimic the colours on the packaging. I am getting quite excited to try this tea.

The black tea is bold, slightly malty. It smells roasty but does not taste roasty. There is a very strong citrus flavour. It is hard to distinguish what type of citrus, does citrus flavoured chewing gum count as a flavour, because that is what it tastes like. Citrus-y and tart. There is definitely a blackberry leaf type flavour. The tea is bold but it is also very smooth. Minimal aftertaste.

I quite like this one. It might be the snazzy colours biasing my opinion, but this is a good one.

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Today (and every day) I am thankful to live in a country and society where I am free to be a woman, to be able to freely practise my religion, and to be safe. I am also very thankful for great friends and family. And also for tea. And internet :)

Happy Turkey day to everyone!

Fjellrev

Happy Thanksgiving! I would have probably bought it for the tin myself.

keychange

I do love our country and society as well, and am also thankful for a wonderful place like steepster.

Roswell Strange

Happy Turkey Day! (PS. We should find a time to meet up and have tea; perhaps at Vintage Tea Room, now that I’m back living in Regina.)

Lala

Sounds good RS. Send me a PM!

Dry leaves give of a rather overpowering scent of citrus fruits – quite tangy, and just a little bit sweet. No wonder, since MF mentions 7 types of citrus fruits here! But there are also flowers, safflower among them, which gives off a very particular scent. The tea itself isn’t as strong as the smell – in fact, quite soft, almost tender if it weren’t for some citrus astringency. Most teas of this series have a comparable body.

Like many MF teas, this one is fun to experiment with. One day it had a very strong orange note. Another day, another flavour – like a mix of light citrus juices with tea (if this sounds disgusting, I can’t help it – can’t find other words for it). Last time I brewed this, lime was the leading note. I’m not a very big fan of citrus fruits, but if you are, I’m sure you’ll find this fascinating – like discovering a whole different side to your favorite flavours. Unfortunately, the tea is quite expensive, and I think a bit overpriced.

Flavors: Citrus, Lime, Orange