La Route Du Temps

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

From Mariage Frères

‘The Path of Time’ was created in memory of Richard Bueno to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Mariage Frères ’ left-bank boutique, which he founded.

A tea between two worlds, blending the flowery, honeyed taste of green teas from the Golden Triangle with the spicy note of pieces of ginger, which dot it like stones along a path.

Preparation tips
How to prepare this green flavoured tea :

Measure out 2.5 g of tea for 20 cl of pure, filtered water.

Bring the water to a simmer (about 95° C)
and let the tea infuse for 3 minutes.

Enjoy!

About Mariage Frères View company

Having this tea again and coming to the same conclusions as my first tasting note. The tea is nice enough, but kind of mellow and a little boring for the price tag. I do wish they had added something to make this tea spectacular like apricot, honey, cream, mango, chocolate… There is really a lot that pairs well with ginger, so why stop with just ginger?

I tried adding honey, but the honey from my yard was too flavorful and overpowered. Maybe store bought honey? I tried adding powdered goat milk (my go to for cream flavor) and sugar, which was good, but I think it was too much milk. I’m determined to find something to make this tea more exciting. The quest goes on!