Wedding Impérial

Caramel, Chocolate, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Burnt Sugar, Cocoa, Cookie, Cream, Spices, Sweet, Toasty, Dark Chocolate, Smooth, Fruity, Malt, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

A paean to love.

This glamorous blend is steeped in the passion that weds the malty power of golden Assam tea leaves to the sweetness of notes of chocolate and caramel.

Perfect clarity.
Evidence of a peerless marriage.

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3-5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

2 minutes at 200. 2 minutes at 200. I have to remember that!

It has been a long road and this is the first time I have been able to enjoy this tea without any additions! I may try 3 minutes at 200 next time, but I feel like I’m finally right in the sweet spot with this tea. There is no bitterness, it seems to have a good amount of flavor although I think some taste from the water is coming through. I think I would enjoy it having a little heavier of a base like a breakfast tea would have, but this is pretty good.

Smelled nice dry. Though I didn’t really care for this after it was brewed. It might’ve been just the way I brewed it, but this was a little too bitter for me. I could very faintly taste a bit of caramel after adding sugar, but I just couldn’t get past the bitterness. Ah well. Not bad to try from a swap.

This one is really tasty if you can figure out how to brew it…which thankfully I did….so much so that I got my parents to pick up 100g for me when they were in Paris heh

Yum yum, yum, even the husband was impressed

I got a tin of this last Christmas and saved it until my wedding in June. It’s almost gone now. I love it. It smells incredible – chocolate and caramel. It tastes incredible too. I drink it sweetened with milk because it’s already so indulgent, I just bask in the sumptuous sweetness. On that note, I’m really careful not to over-steep it. Anything over five minutes starts to bring out the tannins. I give it four minutes, 45 seconds on the clock to give me time to run over and remove the leaves before it hits five minutes.

Love it… it makes me think about wedding. Rich in scent and great for with milk.

Lori

One of my favorite chocolate teas…and sooo strongly and richly flavored…

caramel et vanilla flavors. it makes you give over 70scores at least..if you’re just normal person who loves sweets, sugar, caramel etc.. add a dash of sugar, it create illusion that you’re drinking real caramel drink..

Brewed in a big teapot.
The taste of the tea base is a little too strong, I’ll try to brew it a bit less next time.
The scent and flavor of chocolate is nice.

Lovely chocolate aroma with mellow caramel notes towards the end. Excellent tea for a cold rainy morning.

This is one of my favorite teas and it is hard for me to find where I am so I stock up when I can! I love the taste. If you do not like to drink your tea strong then you need to brew this tea on the lighter side as it can tend to be strong and overpowering for some tastes. For me I love it that way. It is a sweet tea and I love that I do not have to add anything to it.

How is this a tea? It tastes like candy and dessert at the same time, without the toothache or tummy-bloat. More caramel than chocolate, but you can smell both. I love it.