Wedding Impérial

Caramel, Fruity, Malt, Nutty, Smooth, Vanilla, Cocoa, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had this one tonight - we went out to visit friends who had a baby about a month ago. He is adorable! I have pretty much not accomplished any sipdowns this weekend, which is a sad, sad, thing...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4704 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaves were smelling so good ! Caramel and a hint of chocolate for sure it was so sweet...I bought it ! I met an angel... Then it was just a demon ! I struggled with this tea all day...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 335 tasting notes
  • “ This is delicious cup of mostly creamy caramel, with a tiny hint of chocolate at the end. It's really quite lovely both hot and cold, although I do prefer it warm-ish. I think (?) I bought this...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “thank you to sil for this gem..... i didn't get caramel and toffee out of it (i never do) but i got SOMETHING! it wasn't just tea.... i got brown sugar, coffee? or something akin to....” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 377 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

A paean to love.

This glamorous blend is steeped in the passion that weds the malty power of golden Assam tea leaves to the sweetness of notes of chocolate and caramel.

Perfect clarity.
Evidence of a peerless marriage.

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3-5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

The smell when you open a new pot of Wedding Imperial is such an amazing burst of caramel. I thought the tea might be too sickly to drink on a regular basis – but I was wrong – the caramel aroma is more subtle when the tea is in the cup – this is delicious and especially good with cakes or anything nutty or chocolatey – and equally good on its own. Delicious.

We were in Napa Valley this weekend and there just happened to be Dean & Deluca’s in St. Helena where i could finally pick up some Marriage Freres teas without paying ridiculous shipping charges!! So I may have gone a little crazy and brought home almost more tea than wine!!

This is delicious with bold notes of chocolate and caramel and just a touch of toffee – it was a pure delight to drink it at my desk this morning with a splash of milk and it resteeped pretty well too! (You know at $30 for 30 muslin bags of tea that I was going to resteep these at least once or twice!). Next on the list… Marco Polo!

Received a sample of this in a swap with QueenOfTarts. Thanks a ton!

Parameters:
Pre-boil water
1.5tsp / 10oz
2 min

This is really nice. I was worried that it wouldn’t taste as good as it smelled. The wet and dry leaf has an aroma of vanilla, caramel, and lightly buttered popcorn. (I’ve come to realize that I love buttery popcorn-like tea, whether it’s the result of additives or a straight tea!) Many people have said that this tea is bold but I don’t think it’s a punchy Assam base at all. It’s a little fruity, silky and smooth. The fruit flavor is unidentifiable to me. Whatever it is, it’s bright and almost citrusy. It’s way smoother than I would have expected. There is a touch of malt at the end of each sip, but nothing that makes me think “chocolate”. It’s more of a nutty, caramel popcorn tea to me. The tea base and flavoring are in equal balance. Neither overpowers the other. I brewed a second cup for 3 minutes.; it mellowed out without any significant loss of flavor.

I broke out some Biscoff cookies to eat with this tea and it was OMG delicious!

Flavors: Caramel, Fruity, Malt, Nutty, Smooth, Vanilla

Ost

Sounds amazing!

I had my last cup of this tea and decided to add milk to see how it would taste. I don’t pick up on the caramel or chocolate flavors, but am tasting a weird coconut flavor instead. It’s not gross, but is just rather surprising. This coconut flavor isn’t super strong or sour, so it’s good for me as I’m not crazy about strong coconut. I wish that more of the caramel and chocolate came out with milk, but this tea is lovely either way. I’ll have to buy more of this in the future!

One of the first teas my wife and I shared on our first date.

A sample from Shmiracles!

I’ve been saving this one for a time when I felt I deserved it, and I’ve worked so hard recently I felt that day had finally come. I love this. I knew I’d love it. Dry, it smells pretty amazing. Biscuitty, caramelly, sweet…it smells like a caramel tea SHOULD smell, in the best of all worlds. While brewing, the base tea comes out in the scent a little more, and adds its own malty sweetness to the overall profile.

To taste, this is just…divine. It’s smooth, it tastes like the richest, most decadent caramel dessert imaginable. It’s creamy, sweet, heavenly deliciousness. The assam base pokes out a little in the aftertaste, but it’s robust maltiness is so well matched to the caramel flavouring that it enhances, rather than detracts from, the overall experience. I’m a fan of assam at the best of times, but here, and in this combination, it’s more perfect than ever.

I’m in love. Huge thanks to Shmiracles for sharing some of this with me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

soooo good. this is one of my favoutite flavoured teas

Ysaurella

+one with Sil. I am not a chocolate tea lover but this one is the exception

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, this was a real interesting tea, which I enjoyed as well!

Shmiracles

hahah wow. WOW you’ve definitely been saving this tea! i sent it to you in May last year! and crap i seriously wanna buy more after reading your review. really glad you liked it so much. ONE HUNDRED!!

Scheherazade

I know — it’s almost May again :) You sent them in such great little pouches, though, that I felt okay to do that.

My dad picked up an ounce of this at an unidentified specialty food store, and I’m just going to have to make him identify it, because wow. This is some luxurious tea.

The dry leaves smell really sweet, sort of like vanilla caramel. I saw that people were having issues with bitterness, so I kept my steep time at 3 minutes (per usual) and used a bare teaspoon of leaf and never had a problem at all. In fact, this is the creamiest tea I’ve had to date. It feels amazing in my mouth and really does taste like milk chocolate caramel. I think the assam is present enough to keep it from being too sweet, but I can see this being classified as a decadent dessert tea. (My dad says it had better be fantastic at the price he paid, so I am definitely not going to ask him, haha.)

Truly sad to see the bottom of the bag on this one.

First found this tea when visiting my sister in CA. It is amazing. Very smooth taste and smells wonderful. My goofy brother-in-law took the sachet and used it as a airfreshener in his truck.