Wedding Impérial

Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Cocoa, Cookie, Cream, Spices, Sweet, Toasty, Dark Chocolate, Smooth, Chocolate, Fruity, Malt, Nutty, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

A paean to love.

This glamorous blend is steeped in the passion that weds the malty power of golden Assam tea leaves to the sweetness of notes of chocolate and caramel.

Perfect clarity.
Evidence of a peerless marriage.

Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3-5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

The smell when you open a new pot of Wedding Imperial is such an amazing burst of caramel. I thought the tea might be too sickly to drink on a regular basis – but I was wrong – the caramel aroma is more subtle when the tea is in the cup – this is delicious and especially good with cakes or anything nutty or chocolatey – and equally good on its own. Delicious.

This tea smells like the holidays as you probably enjoyed them when you were a kid. At first sniff, the caramel and cocoa evoke the smell of freshly baked cookies and hot chocolate in the kitchen. I’m reminded huddling in the kitchen in boarding school over these goodies while it’s cold outside.

This is a feel good tea, a celebratory, evocative of childhood memories type of tea – drinking it makes me feel like everything is alright with the world again.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Cocoa, Cookie, Cream, Spices, Sweet, Toasty

Many thanks to beelicious for the sample!

My first steep wasn’t good. I let it go the full 5 minutes, and it was bitter. My second steep was much smoother. and milder and I enjoyed it. I’ll probably do a third and maybe a fourth steep after supper. It’s a chilly day here in Fargo (which I enjoy!) so it’s great tea drinking weather.

I didn’t get caramel or cocoa from this since I still don’t have a sense of smell. Just got back from my second post-op check up and it turns out some of the membranes in my sinuses have fused together. The doc cut them back open. Even with local anesthesia it wasn’t pleasant, and I’m really feeling it now that the numb is wearing off. However, she estimates I should regain my sense of smell by June 1. So, I’m saving the second bag of this tea for June!

liquid caramel with an assam bite….

simply devine….

Flavors: Caramel

Thank you to beelicious for this sample! I’ve been really impressed with the Mariage Freres teas I’ve tried so far and this one was no exception: smooth and creamy with a fantastic rich caramel flavor and a hint of dark chocolate in the aftertaste. I noticed no bitterness and just the slightest bit of astringency after a 5-minute steep. And as a bonus, the teabags are adorable: little cheesecloth sacks that look to be hand-tied with very elegant black and gold tags. I will definitely be ordering from this company at some point in the future!

Flavors: Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Smooth

I let the steep time go higher than advised, it was a mistake: it is far too strong and bitter. Anyway, it’s still a great one. :-q

Flavors: Caramel

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp

We were in Napa Valley this weekend and there just happened to be Dean & Deluca’s in St. Helena where i could finally pick up some Marriage Freres teas without paying ridiculous shipping charges!! So I may have gone a little crazy and brought home almost more tea than wine!!

This is delicious with bold notes of chocolate and caramel and just a touch of toffee – it was a pure delight to drink it at my desk this morning with a splash of milk and it resteeped pretty well too! (You know at $30 for 30 muslin bags of tea that I was going to resteep these at least once or twice!). Next on the list… Marco Polo!

Received a sample of this in a swap with QueenOfTarts. Thanks a ton!

Pre-boil water
1.5tsp / 10oz
2 min

This is really nice. I was worried that it wouldn’t taste as good as it smelled. The wet and dry leaf has an aroma of vanilla, caramel, and lightly buttered popcorn. (I’ve come to realize that I love buttery popcorn-like tea, whether it’s the result of additives or a straight tea!) Many people have said that this tea is bold but I don’t think it’s a punchy Assam base at all. It’s a little fruity, silky and smooth. The fruit flavor is unidentifiable to me. Whatever it is, it’s bright and almost citrusy. It’s way smoother than I would have expected. There is a touch of malt at the end of each sip, but nothing that makes me think “chocolate”. It’s more of a nutty, caramel popcorn tea to me. The tea base and flavoring are in equal balance. Neither overpowers the other. I brewed a second cup for 3 minutes.; it mellowed out without any significant loss of flavor.

I broke out some Biscoff cookies to eat with this tea and it was OMG delicious!

Flavors: Caramel, Fruity, Malt, Nutty, Smooth, Vanilla

Sounds amazing!

I had my last cup of this tea and decided to add milk to see how it would taste. I don’t pick up on the caramel or chocolate flavors, but am tasting a weird coconut flavor instead. It’s not gross, but is just rather surprising. This coconut flavor isn’t super strong or sour, so it’s good for me as I’m not crazy about strong coconut. I wish that more of the caramel and chocolate came out with milk, but this tea is lovely either way. I’ll have to buy more of this in the future!

One of the first teas my wife and I shared on our first date.