Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Doulton has struck again! Thanks D!!!! I am drinking even more Black and Black Flavors than normal today! usually by now I spring into Greens, Whites, Rooibos, Herbal mixes, etc. I LOVE IT...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “*Doulton's Shakespeare: A Tasting Note in 5 Acts* _Act I scene 6_ Over hill, over dale, Thorough bush, thorough briar, Over park, over pale, Thorough flood, thorough fire, I do wander...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes
  • “This darling sprang forth from the bag smelling of summer fruits kissed by the sun, dried and cradled by black tea. Brewing it brought about more of the same. The flowers were a charming addition...” Read full tasting note
    miette769 80 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

This whole-leaf black tea produces a brown liquor with a grand, fruity scent. The gentle roundness of the black tea is blended with accents of citrus and other fruits highlighted by hints of citronella.

Time to enjoy: Afternoon
Origin: Other Countries
Main flavour: Fruity

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

Doulton has struck again! Thanks D!!!!
I am drinking even more Black and Black Flavors than normal today! usually by now I spring into Greens, Whites, Rooibos, Herbal mixes, etc. I LOVE IT THO!!!!! :)

I wasn’t getting much scent from this one prior to infusion. Once it gets infusing the fruit and citronella scent come out a little.

This is a medium brown color with reddish tinge to it. Very nice color!

It’s quite a bit bolder than I anticipated! YAY!

There is a creamy-semi-fruity-sweet-ness with dessert like after tastes to it. It has a fairly unique flavor…and I must say I am pleasantly surprised by it.

Doulton’s Shakespeare: A Tasting Note in 5 Acts
Act I scene 6

Over hill, over dale,
Thorough bush, thorough briar,
Over park, over pale,
Thorough flood, thorough fire,
I do wander everywhere,
Swifter than the moon’s sphere;
And I serve the fairy queen,
To dew her orbs upon the green.
The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
In their gold coats, spots you see;
Those be rubies, fairy favours,
In their freckles live our savours.
I must go seek some dew-drops here,
And hang a pearl in every cowslip’s ear.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act II scene 1

I awoke this morning with the thought of Carpe Tea-um! Cheesy, but true. I’d been holding off on this and a few other teas and realized that I should just go for it. Why wait? There’s so much tea and so little time.

I have found my A Midsummer NIght’s Dream. I swear that fairies must have made this tea! I sniffed it and couldn’t tell what was in this tea. I still can’t tell you after reading the description. The description is all about fruits, and my tastebuds don’t see it that way. Is Puck tricking me? Perhaps the most apt description I can come up with is that this tastes like the flowers of a fruit before the fruit is born. It’s this beautiful, subtle, nectarish tea that I adore. I’m on its third and obviously final steep. It’s turned almost completely to a nectar sweetness. For me, this tea is the definition of lovely. TG

Brewing it brought about more of the same. The flowers were a charming addition but this tea smells very much of pulp. Not berries or rich red fruits nor was it the hiss of dried orange. This sings of the sun and the former life of a stone fruit. I am reminded of peach or apricot and their golden flesh… more so that area of change where it turns red as it kisses the stone. The brew if fair in the way of black tea and perhaps I didn’t nab enough leaves. It is of a nice taste and I think this blend would be perfect iced with peaches on a summer day.
It’s lovely… cheery… I will have to remember this brew when the sun shines again. It screams summer… and is very enjoyable plain. I think my grandfather would have liked this tea.

Honestly, in my re-drinking of this tea… it tastes like an over priced Lipton. Nice… pleasant and safe. Tee-hee and ho-hum.

Ricky

Uhoh, Mariage Freres being compared to Lipton, what has the world come to. Definitely no sunshine here. And what…. _ citronella scented_ umm keeps the bugs away?

Alicia

LOL I know I know. Imagine the epic let down but so it was. I don’t get the bug spray scent in this one though. It really smells like dried peaches or some sort of fruit roll up.

cteresa

I do think the original thé sur le nil has a bit of citronella (or lemongrass, or the herb we call around here erva-príncipe). It is (IMO) divine in the green tea, just right to give it a oomph. But the whole concept of making a black tea version of thé sur le nil, dunno, that is one tea flavour which might not (and sounds like it did not) transition well to a black blend.

BTW I do like Nil Rouge! Though I do like rooibos in general and MF rooibos mixes in particular.