Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

The ‘sultaness’ is Mariage Frères ’ traditional breakfast blend of fine Ceylon teas. Its strong flavour has a slightly chocolate taste. Best with a continental breakfast, with or without milk.

“Traditionnel, notre ‘breakfast tea’ est un mélange subtil des meilleurs thés de Ceylan. Goût corsé, légèrement chocolaté. Convient le mieux au petit déjeuner à la française. Avec ou sans lait”.

Origin: Sri Lanka
Type: Black Traditional

PREPARATION ADVICE FOR 1 CUP :
Amount of tea leaves: 2.5g
Best water temperature: 95 °C
Infusion time: 3-5 min

About Mariage Frères View company

Nice unflavored black tea. Enjoyable flavor. Stands up nicely to milk and sugar.

Too much caffeine for me, but I prefer decaf. This is good for times when I have NO energy.

TeaEqualsBliss

Ooooo – this sounds great! :) Would LOVE to try this some day!!!!

AfternoonTea

I’d be happy to send you some, but I just finished the whole tin!

I was going to pick up another tin while I was in NY, but didn’t even have the time to stop by the tea counter in Bergdorfs.

TeaEqualsBliss

No worries! :) You mentioned you were interesting in swapping sometime…anything you are looking for?

AfternoonTea

I like unflavored black teas. I prefer decaf. Perhaps people have tried some unflavored black decafs that they think are flavorless, but I might really like them.

AfternoonTea

I so wish I would have found this board months ago—-we had just moved & I threw away tons of teas that I’d never drink. Rooibos, flavored teas, and all kinds of other things that had been gifts—-I’m sure they were lovely teas & someone here would have appreciated them a lot!

TeaEqualsBliss

Q Teas has a good one out!!! Search on here for Decaf Exclusive Black! I like that one!

I really liked this tea. Some might say it’s a basic breakfast tea, and it is, but I think Mariage Freres always do very fine teas.

It’s traditional, certainly, but in no way boring or bland. It is a lovely, beautiful golden colour when poured. It’s very rich, more on the aftertaste than in the beginning. It’s clear, and smooth, and a little malty and just what you need in a breakfast tea. I like that it’s not too dark and not predictable.

I had this tea black with honey, but you can also have it with milk, or without. It’s a very flexible tea, and I’d drink it again.

cteresa

I smelled this and was very tempted. To the wishlist, one day, then,

Lydia S

(I had a comment – but I deleted it because I forgot something!)

I love this tea, it’s very drinkable. I just wish I had more Mariage Freres tea in my cupboard. The nice thing about it, though, is that the tea bags go a very long way so you don’t need much to last you a while.

cteresa

Yes, their tea bags are very generously filled! It is something I notice, how much tea a company puts in their tea bags – MF puts 2.5 grams which is more than the standard 2 grams.

Lydia S

I’m so glad they fill their tea bags more than most companies, it’s definitely reflected in their teas. I also love that they’re cotton muslin tea bags – little touches like that just make such a huge difference to me when I look for new teas to try. c:

My ‘go to’ tea for any occasion. It is a great standard breakfast tea. If brewed too long, the tannins become assertive – but I like that in iced tea.