Dark Obsession Chocolate Rose

Edit tea info Last updated by ambientqueenie

From MarieBelle

Black Ceylon tea is deliciously flavored with chocolate extract, and embellished with pink roses. Delightful and sweet.

About MarieBelle View company

One of the best dessert teas of all time: sweet and full-bodied with just a touch of rosy floral in the background, and with cream and sweetener it is perfection. This is the sort of rosy/sugary/fabulous tea that Marie Antoinette might have enjoyed — before she realized that the populace tends to get a little peeved when they can’t eat on a regular basis, of course.

The chocolate flavor here tastes exactly like dark chocolate, too, without the overbrewed flavor that some chocolate ceylons can aquire without careful attention to steeping time. The rose flavor is far more delicate (read: less evident) than the chocolate flavor, but that’s appropriate, after all, unless you are a honeybee with an agenda.

Chocolate tea seems like something of an art. Like chocolate itself, some are full and rich, some are light, some are better when blended, some are … bright.

I like rhymes with my rococo-inspired chocolate tea. Sue me.

I was sure I had reviewed this before….

This was the final tea of tea party today, and the one with the heaviest flavoring is usually served last for several reasons, but mainly so we can experience the food without it being upstaged and to add interest to the final cup after we have eaten.

This smells so rich and chocolate-y, like a cup of cocoa. The flavor is strongly chocolate with a bit of rose sweetening the cup. The chocolate flavor is of the unsweetened cocoa sort, so there is a little bit of dry mouthfeel that seems to be coming from the chocolate rather than from the tea. This has a rich aroma.

I liked it very much, my guest preferred the other two teas that we had today. Youngest hasn’t tried it yet but perhaps I can add her opinion when she does.