Manhattan Tribute Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Mark T. Wendell

We have carefully blended this tea in memory of a dear friend of ours. He liked his tea strong in character, yet smooth enough to enjoy after that perfect meal. Our Manhattan Tribute Blend is the perfect combination of Indian, Formosan and Ceylon teas, devised for late day and after dinner consumption when the palate is satiated. When brewed, it produces a bold cup with a slightly floral note. We invite you to enjoy a great cup of tea and help out a worthy cause in the process.

In the ongoing fight to conquer cancer, 10% of proceeds from the sale of this item will be donated to the Cancer Research Institute.

To learn more about the Cancer Research Institute and its groundbreaking work, please visit online at www.cancerresearch.org

About Mark T. Wendell View company

Mark T. Wendell claims this is a good after dinner tea but I’m trying it now anyway because I’m a rebel! No really!

This is a blend of Formosa, Ceylon and India tea (most likely Assam). I steeped my tea in a glass mug for 5 minutes. I still like glass for tea tasting and would have a glass teapot if I wasn’t so absolutely sure I would break it (I’m also a klutz)

I’m taking this tea sans additions today. The wet leaf smells slightly floral and earthy. I think perhaps the floral note is coming from the Ceylon. I’m not sure what kind of black tea comes from Formosa (now Taiwan) aside from the Sun Moon Lake Tea type variety. The Assam I think is lending a slightly malty and pungent flavor here. I do think this is a very enjoyable blend, although I’m not thinking there is anything overly unique or exceptional about it. May not repurchase this one but I will certainly finish off what I have. It’s also enjoyable with a splash of soymilk (or regular milk, if you prefer. :))

TeaBrat

Scott- lol. I think I prefer this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U16Xg_rQZkA

ScottTeaMan

YES!!.LOL…….That’s the song i was trying to think of. :)) I had actually never heard the GD song before, but the Bowie son, that’s the song I wanted.

narwhalclub

TOTAL REBEL. I’ll confess, I’ve never actually had any of this after dinner either (black tea=too much caffeine for that time o’ day), but I did have a pot after lunch today and it was yummy. I really like this one with a bit of lemon. I like almost all black teas with lemon though, so take what you will from that. I’d agree that there probable isn’t anything overly special about this blend, but it’s one of the first black blends I ever tried and liked a lot, so it will always have a nook in the corner of my heart.

TeaBrat

@narwhal I will try the lemon, thanks!

Having another cup of this today…it certainly hits the spot! Semi-Malty, Semi-Chewy…I really must want a croissant today or something…it seems to be something I crave…which is really weird…because I don’t think I have EVER had a craving for a croissant…EVER…in my life…or in previous lives! (LOL)

Croissants………….. mmmmmmmmmmmm :P

Auggy

Ditto what JonTea said. Yay for chewy, bready teas!

SoccerMom

Yay for croissants and chewy bready teas. :)

-Jessica-

ooooooh croissants!!!!! ***drooling***

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m thinking FRANK at 52 Teas has to come up with something here…lol…

TeaEqualsBliss

Okay folks…here’s what I sent to FRANK…Chime in with other flavored Croissants! LOL

FRANK!!!!

I think we might be on to something…Can you view the comments in this post of mine!? I’m thinking – and I think others might be interested – in a Croissant type tea…what do you think!? Perhaps a chocolate or strawberry cream cheese or raspberry??? I’m going to post this within the comments and see who else chimes in…

-Jessica-

Ooh a buttery, chocolate croissant! My absolute favorite, I think that would make a good flavored black tea! Yummmmo!

JonTea

Ohhhh wow that would be a great idea
great tea to go with let’s say A CROISSANT!
Yeah I do that sometimes, chocolate tea with chocolate, maple tea with maple syrup pancakes, ya I’m a freak I know
if 52 teas does this, I would be ecstatic :)

Stephanie

At the very least, I would love a tea like Baked Bread. A Croissant would be even better! And beyond that, an Almond Croissant!

Almond Croissant!!!!!!
MMMM im having that craving again
Chocolate croissant would be neat too :)

I think this is my favorite blend of black tea: malty, sweet, smooth, and absolutely delicious. I bet this would pair exceptionally with some sort of pastry.

the smell of dry leaves have a peppery undertone, which becomes more evident when contrasted with Wendell’s China Keemun – which happened to be sitting side by side with MTB at the time.