Mao Feng Tranquility Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Mark T. Wendell

A premium Hairpoint style green from Eastern China, this tea embodies the reasons for drinking green tea. The dark green leaves of this tea are pointed and slightly twisted, producing a tantalizingly sweet brew with chestnut overtones that refresh.

About Mark T. Wendell View company

This is ever so slightly scented green and the post infusion liquid color is very lightly colored yellow-green. I will say this is probably the sweetest green tea I have ever tasted or at least in recent memory. I think that is the highlight of this tea! The natural sweetness. I can get a little bit of the chestnut comparison but it’s not a nutty flavor, persay…well, maybe if you sip and hold the tea on the middle part of your tongue it’s a little (chest)nutty-esque. It’s earthy-sweet – more sweet than earth! I like it and it’s pleasant!

I’ve been drinking this tea for a few months now, and I dare say it’s my second favorite green tea. First is Xin Yang Mao Jian green from www.drinkyourtea.com, a friend’s website, and followed shortly by my third, a good dragonwell.

I love green teas that brew very light and sweet cups. This one is just beautiful. Very vegetal aroma and taste, along with the extremely nice sweetness. I also enjoy that this can be brewed upward of 8 times and still produce a nice cup.

A solid green tea. I just bought 1/4 lb of it :)

Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for this beaut.

A no-nonsense, simple, light green with a great natural sweetness. A very pleasant green.

I’m not one of those people that will spend a lot of money on green teas because, case in point, you can get a very satisfying green tea that hits all the notes—sweet, light, pleasingly vegetal—for a very reasonable price, from the always reliable Mark T. Wendell company.