Edit tea info Last updated by Dan

• “I made a trip to my local health foods store and bought more of this assam tea. At 1.60 an ounce its cheap and also makes a very nice brisk full bodied cup of tea. I'm getting no bitterness and...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes

From Mark T. Wendell

Highly regarded by connoisseurs, this tea is produced in the largest growing region in Northern India, Assam. Its pungent liquor brews to a dark-reddish color, leaving a full-bodied cup with a malty taste that is truly unique. Assam takes well to milk and sugar.

About Mark T. Wendell View company

I made a trip to my local health foods store and bought more of this assam tea. At 1.60 an ounce its cheap and also makes a very nice brisk full bodied cup of tea. I’m getting no bitterness and almost no astringency. This tea is not as harsh as some assam teas I have drank. Its a very smooth cup with a kick to wake you in the morning. I may buy a pound next time as the price drops to a buck an ounce. (I’m not sure why this is cheaper in Freeport than online, but it is.) This is one tea I can drink every morning with no regrets.