Cheericup Ceylon

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “I found this tea in Baltimore and couldn't resist picking it up. It is brisk but not bitter, I am drinking mine with milk so I think that helps with the briskness. It isn't my favorite Ceylon...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2305 tasting notes
  • “All I can really say is the little bit of aroma that this tea is eeeeeeeking out is 1 part masculine and 1 part feminine - it that means anything to you. It's a very dark brown color and just...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Fresh batch 1/27/11. So nice to have this back on the shelf. After a year of trying other teas, I'm back to where I started. I read the other reviews that have accumlated and I can agree with...” Read full tasting note
    Atacdad 239 tasting notes
  • “This is another TEAEQUALSBLISS tea! Thank you! Since it says it is a blend of high middle altitude estate teas, I thought it would have the wintergreen tingle of Uva Highlands, and it does! ...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1796 tasting notes

From Mark T. Wendell

“Cheericup is a unique blend of seven high and low grown estate teas from the island country of Sri Lanka.”

About Mark T. Wendell View company

I found this tea in Baltimore and couldn’t resist picking it up.

It is brisk but not bitter, I am drinking mine with milk so I think that helps with the briskness. It isn’t my favorite Ceylon but is still pretty good. Slightly woody and earthy. I did try sipping on it plain and it was okay that way but I think I prefer it with soymilk. I also forgot how long I steeped this for so it got pretty strong, might try and steep a little less time in the future because it probably lost a lot of its subtlety.

gmathis

That’s just a happy little name…Cheericup.

Indigobloom

sounds delish!

TeaBrat

I like the name too!

All I can really say is the little bit of aroma that this tea is eeeeeeeking out is 1 part masculine and 1 part feminine – it that means anything to you.

It’s a very dark brown color and just before the sip gives off a tinge of a toasty scent. It has a semi-woodsy, semi-toasty black tea taste that seems to be just what I need at the latter part of the morning before I switch to greens, whites, rooibos, and other types of teas.

Pretty good.

Rabs

Mmm…hermaphrodite tea…
Actually, that makes perfect sense to me – it sounds quite yummy :)

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m noticing…as it cools a bit it seems to get stronger…

Fresh batch 1/27/11. So nice to have this back on the shelf. After a year of trying other teas, I’m back to where I started. I read the other reviews that have accumlated and I can agree with all of them. To me, this tea is a middle of the road, average everything fine tea. “But it has nothing special”, you say. “Right!”, I say. Its not a light tea, its not a heavy tea, its not smokey, its not floral, its not earthy, malty, musty, grassy, sweet, or sour. It can be weak or strong depending on how you brew it…but in the end, its just a really good, plain black tea.

This is another TEAEQUALSBLISS tea! Thank you! Since it says it is a blend of high middle altitude estate teas, I thought it would have the wintergreen tingle of Uva Highlands, and it does! Since I like low astringency I think this one for me is best with milk and sugar, but for those who like a brisk cup, you will want it just as it is. We steeped for 4 minutes to keep it from being bitter after reading some other reviews, and that was good for us. You could probably leave it a tad longer, but not much!

TeaEqualsBliss

Nice review! Glad you like it!

I can’t believe that I haven’t reviewed this tea yet. For me it was one of those sleepers. I bought it and tried it many times, but only realized how much I loved it when I ran out. At the time I was abroad and could not get any more until I returned several months later. Bummer!

It is a brisk tea as others have noted, but since I don’t use milk in tea it is still not too brisk for my taste. It has a wonderful taste/aroma that I can’t really find words for, perhaps floraly woody? All I know is I treasure it and love it as a break from my more often drunk teas. I do tend to steep it around 4 minutes to keep it from getting too brisk.

to me this is very similar to PGTips

A reflection of a withering peak in a calm lake