Green Market Spice

Fruit Green Blend
Cinnamon, Green Tea, Orange Oil
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Tea of yesterday afternoon...... Since I am such a huge fan of Harney's Cinnamon Spice, and JacquelineM's review mentioned that the Market Spice Cinnamon Orange teas were very similar with the...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes

From Market Spice

Our signature MarketSpice cinnamon-orange flavor now in a green tea version using Chinese Green tea in a heat-sealed cellophane package. This unique spicy, naturally sweet flavor has become world famous, originating in the historic Pike Place Market in Seattle. We recommend storing in an air-tight glass jar in the refrigerator to keep the flavorings fresh and moist. Ingredients: Chinese Green tea, cinnamon and orange flavorings and spices. Contains no sugar.

About Market Spice View company

1 Tasting Note

Tea of yesterday afternoon……

Since I am such a huge fan of Harney’s Cinnamon Spice, and JacquelineM’s review mentioned that the Market Spice Cinnamon Orange teas were very similar with the orange being more prominent than in the Harney, I had to try this. I love flavored teas in this range, especially because they are sweet without needing sweetening. I am definitely not disappointed. The cinnamon is not quite as strong as in the Harney, and the orange definitely has a front seat in the taste profile. I was wondering if the two were interchangeable, and they definitely are not. For those that are fans of orange more than cinnamon, this is the choice for you. I get mild red hots in a cup with a twist of orange in this.

EDIT TO ADD: One thing that might be a deal breaker on this….the leaves look kind of greasy. I do think it is probably a result of the flavoring oils. They recommend storing the tea in a glass jar once it has been opened (really, the packaging is marginal in clear, non-resealable cellophane…it must be transferred into something else.) I guess it will take further sampling to be sure if it is a keeper.

Teapot method, 180 water, 3 minutes. No additions.

SimplyJenW

Added comments on the look of the leaves and packaging.