Rum Butter

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Market Spice

Black tea mixed with rum butter flavoring creates a subtle rum taste.

About Market Spice View company

Missy & Dylan sent along a sample of this one so I could compare it to DavidsTea’s Buttered Rum, which I got around to doing last night. Thanks guys!

The aroma is malty and rummy, with a hint of butteriness mixed in. The flavour is very much a malty tea, but I can definitely taste the alcohol flavour with a hint of sweetness. There’s clearly less flavour than in Buttered Rum – after drinking it, this one just tastes like a malty tea. The base tea here is far superior though. Although I can drink this easily without adding milk and sugar, I suspect they’d amp it up a little. Also, it reminds me of 52teas Pot O’ Gold from earlier in the night… similar base tea, maybe?

Second infusion (96C/5min): Not a lot of flavour; it is now mostly just a weak, malty black tea with a bit of rummy sweetness.

Missy and Dylan THANK YOU! This tea was SO SO enjoyable last night! I had some both hot and cold – both excellent! This may make it to my perm stash even! Its not like the most complex tea in the world but the flavor is spot on, its not scummy with oils floating on top, its quite natural in its flavors. No astringency, no bitterness, smooth, and soothing. Thanks also for being quite generous with the sample! This should get me by until I can place an order with market spice, which will be my first time with them.

Missy

Woot! Glad you enjoyed it. We like it rather well too.

Azzrian

Yes and thank you SO MUCH! :)

You are quite welcome! :D

Kittenna

Sounds delicious! Any comparison to DavidsTea’s Buttered Rum? Have either of you tried it?

Azzrian

i don’t think I have tired that Krystaleyn … did you ever send me any? The ONLY Davids teas I have ever had are ones you have sent lol

Missy

@ Krystaleyn we have not tried the DavidTea’s version. I would like to offer a sample of the one we have. Ima go eat dinner and you can PM me if you are interested in a trade. :D

Missy

Or even if you just want a sample ;)

Kittenna

@Azzrian – Nope, I haven’t sent you any. I actually only had some from the DavidsTea advent calender and haven’t picked up more, though it’s been on the list for a while.

@Missy – totally interested :D In both a sample and a swap. I have a cupboardful of DavidsTeas to offer if anything strikes your fancy! I’ll try to remember to PM you once I get through the remaining 254 notices on my dashboard O.o

Missy

Good lord that’s a lot of notices!

This is sort of a bread and butter tea, it’s nice and cheap, it’s comforting, and the sweet rum flavor on the tea itself is very calming. It’s a great kick-back-after-a-long-day tea.

We brewed this up today to compare it to the Pot O Gold from 52teas. It falls a little flat in the flavor comparison. It’s still good, and it’s still probably going to be a permanent collection tea, because of the price. It is an awful lot of enjoyment for $0.94/oz.

This is a particularly cozy tea for me. Great for days when you’ve been out in the cold all day. The base tea still shines through the rum flavor.
I’d keep it around just to try on people who are new to tea. The taste isn’t too complex. It’s a great tea to relax with.
Forever more this is pirate tea. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Pirates of the Caribbean.

This smelled WONDERFUL! Really rich, warm, and buttery – and rum fragrance too. Just an absolutely gorgeous aroma. Good strong tea (I add creamer to my black teas), be sure not to overstep. Good especially with vanilla or sweet cream creamers, brings out the subtleties of the brewed tea.

Flavors: Butter